• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Marz's 116710 Batman Build Thread

Marz

Known Member
9/1/19
Melbourne, Australia
My first ever build!

Base Watch:
Noob 116710 BLNR GMT 904L CHS A3187 (V9 i think?)

Planned Mods:
Gen Bezel Assembly - Arrived
Gen Bezel Insert - Ordered
Gen Grown and Tube - Arrived
Gen Dial - Ordered
Gen Hands - Pending
Gen Crystal - Ordered
Gen Date Wheel - Ordered
Gen Rubber B Strap - Pending
Line up the dial to the rehaut engraving - Pending
Replace ring tabs and screws - Pending
Movement Service - Pending

On first impressions the watch looks pretty good. The bezel insert color is definitely off. The crown looked pretty good, but when i compare it to the gen. you can definitely see the difference. Setting the time is OK, but the date only changes when you are going forward with the hour hand, the Gen lets you go backward. Still need to test the power reserve, but after about 20 hours its still going.

a8CD2.jpg

a8xkg.jpg

a8eLR.jpg

a8cNd.jpg

Last edited:

MAYHM

Known Member
Certified
22/3/16
On closer inspection, i dont think this is the right crown for the GMT! Have I got the right crown?!

Triplock with three small dots (looks to be from the photo..) - correct for GMT-Master II. Definitely following this build. How did you manage to find a gen bezel assembly with the BLNR insert and all?!

pt1803

21/8/14
damn I'm jealous... Where'd you source that gen insert/bezel ?? I sticked to an 116710LN franken since I Couldn't get the BLNR ...

Marz

Known Member
9/1/19
Melbourne, Australia
OK so this crown will work, its a triplock, but its the older one found on vintage models (1665 5513 5512 1680) this crown is B24-703-0- G1

I have just bought a new style crown (704) and the logo will be similar to the newer models. The tube is the same

Ill take a photo of both side by side once it arrives

Reactions: ginopino

Marz

Known Member
9/1/19
Melbourne, Australia
damn I'm jealous... Where'd you source that gen insert/bezel ?? I sticked to an 116710LN franken since I Couldn't get the BLNR ...

pure luck!

I was just scanning ebay and it just popped up! ended up bidding and winning it for 115 GBP. im hoping its legit, will know once it arrives

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yeah sorry mate that doesn't look gen indeed :/

mpowergmt

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Behind You
that's a rep insert

that doesn't look gen at all, the markers should have depth, not smooth. and the line at the 18 is wrong, it should be higher, not under the 8. I really recommend you to buy the gen insert, thats the mayor improvement/giveaway. Tried to find it but its impossible, ended up selling that very same watch

Reactions: Surftime

pt1803

21/8/14
apart from the depth of the engraving and color, the flaw that no rep insert has fixed yet and to me is the biggest tell is that the bottom of the 2's are not slanted and curved to the roundness of the bezel. Well, I'd doubt that one can ever get a gen BLNR bezel for 115pounds :/ Expect to pay up to 2k for that...

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
definitely subscribing to this thread, its going to be gold once this is all said and done.

as mentioned before, that bezel is garbage. sourcing a gen one is difficult

can you take better pics of the SELs?

newrepfan86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
doing a very similar build myself starting with the same watch as a base.
noob V9 GMT II (CHS)
gen movement
gen hands
gen dial (if i can find one for sale and it doesn't cost my first born child)
gen crown
gen bezel
spongebob bezel insert
gen crystal with lec
so basically everything gen except bezel insert and case and bracelet, i am very excited to see how yours turns out. i decided the possiblity of getting a gen insert was low and spongebob is as close to gen as i will get, i would rather spend the money on a gen movement instead of an insert since i kept hearing that the A3187 is just a modified A2836 and a total time bomb.

Reactions: kjakan79

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
Bro, the BLNR Insert alone will cost you 1-2k Euro. Forget it.. there will be 1 available in a whole year maybe.