• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brushed Bracelet vs. Polished

jag182

Horology Curious
31/5/12
I,d like to have a newer Daytona with a Sub style brushed bracelet. You think it could be ordered that way? If not, any of our trusted service guys capable of brushing it out so it looks good? If so, how about some names please. I have a newer gen GMT and I really don’t like the shiny inner part of the bracelet. Love my gen sub bracelet. Thanks for the discussion

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
kind of a crazy thing to do if you ask me but it is easily doable. you could probably do it yourself if youre a little handy. just need some scotch brite green pads. and a little elbow grease.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I also prefer brushed bracelets, including the sides of the outside links. Polished links are just scratch magnets. Practice brushing on an old bracelet, you don't need to be aggressive with it. Cut a piece of Scotch brite wide enough to span all 3 links and master getting the lines straight across all 3 links with each pass. I have turned PCL bracelets into all brushed in about 45 minutes.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Same here...just not a fan of polished stuff...make a mold of wood which is adjustable so you have perfect straight alignment between the scotchbrite and the bracelet and gently brush

Reactions: KJ2020