• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 116713 GMT TT came today

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The nightmare watch.... this thing took literally months to get. Nothing but problems from the TD (who’ll remain nameless) who I’ll never use again. Anyway.... overall standard good quality from Noob, with a twist. The sel sides were NOT bare. That’s the good news. The bad news is the gold color is a mile off. A pale brass at best. I ordered a VRF bracelet with this watch, and it fits exactly the same as the Noob bracelet. Sel gap isn’t bad, pretty good. Only real difference is the Sub has a larger clasp than the GMT, but I’m good with that. The stark difference in gold color from the VRF is amazing. (The watch has the VRF bracelet on it in the picture) These pictures aren’t altered at all. The VRF gold is spot on with the gen gold color. My gen bezel assembly is pictured for comparison. After I source a gen crystal it’s off to Mike for assembly. I went with ichs for reliability as I plan on wearing this a lot when it’s done.

Bezel is is good but a paint mod is needed. Or gen assembly!

2mknm.jpg

VRF vs stock Noob color difference

244waw6.jpg

Noob on bottom, note gold sel sides

23hm64p.jpg

VRF much cleaner and nicer sel

30vlox1.jpg

Noob

300tt7o.jpg

Gen bezel assembly

s6q8f7.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The gen bezel and VRF bracelet really make this watch. This is going to be an awesome piece! Hard to believe the color difference in the gold, wow.

Reactions: vcappp

harley07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/08
That will be an amazing combo
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glecanda

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/1/19
Good job quick question looking for one of those for myself whats the specifics of the watch when you order from Td thanks

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
It’s the standard Noob TT with ichs (eta based)

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
This one doesn’t. No jumping hour hand on this one.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
VERY nice! do these GMT work like the gens?

If you mean is the GMT hand independent, yes. The only other differences are you advance the hands by turning the crown counter clockwise and the GMT hand is on the bottom instead of the hour hand. The 2836 ICHS is the safe, reliable, uncomplicated choice. To change the date on the rep 3186/7 (and on the gen) you have to hour jump the hour hand 24 times per day you change. PITA, I know I have a gen 3185. Plus the rep CHS will break if you look at it cross-eyed. Not really, but it can be problematic. Changing the date on the 2836 is the same quickset as all 2836s. Best choice hands down IMO.

Look at what you get with the rep 3186/7

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...set-the-time-on-the-gmt-ii-chs-a3186-movement

Last edited:

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
It’s amazing how pale the Noob gold is. Anyone who knows what the gen looks like would spot this as a rep at a distance.

YehudaVW

Horology Curious
25/2/19
The nightmare watch.... this thing took literally months to get. Nothing but problems from the TD (who’ll remain nameless) who I’ll never use again. Anyway.... overall standard good quality from Noob, with a twist. The sel sides were NOT bare. That’s the good news. The bad news is the gold color is a mile off. A pale brass at best. I ordered a VRF bracelet with this watch, and it fits exactly the same as the Noob bracelet. Sel gap isn’t bad, pretty good. Only real difference is the Sub has a larger clasp than the GMT, but I’m good with that. The stark difference in gold color from the VRF is amazing. (The watch has the VRF bracelet on it in the picture) These pictures aren’t altered at all. The VRF gold is spot on with the gen gold color. My gen bezel assembly is pictured for comparison. After I source a gen crystal it’s off to Mike for assembly. I went with ichs for reliability as I plan on wearing this a lot when it’s done.

Bezel is is good but a paint mod is needed. Or gen assembly!

2mknm.jpg

VRF vs stock Noob color difference

244waw6.jpg

Noob on bottom, note gold sel sides

23hm64p.jpg

VRF much cleaner and nicer sel

30vlox1.jpg

Noob

300tt7o.jpg

Gen bezel assembly

s6q8f7.jpg

Amazing, where do you buy the VRF bracelet and the bezel?
I was bought this watch yesterday.

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/6012...ob-best-edition-a3187-correct-hand-stack.html

Yehuda.

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
gen assembly and VRF bracelet fits very good but noob is way off