• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2019 edition - most gen-like out of the box rolex rep?

dongdong

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/16
Hi, ive read through the ultimate rolex post and done a search but looking for a simple answer to the following that is most up to date given that some of the past threads are a little older.

I simply want the most accurate gen like rolex replica (submariner, sea-dweller or daytona) . I'm not talking a about a 3000+ franken but rather something that is as good as it gets 'off the shelf'. I guess id be willing to spend ideally 600ish, but can go higher if truly worthwhile.

Ive had the JF23 daytona (correct thickness) in the past but wasn't impressed with the dial as the red lettering on the 'Daytona' wording was far too bright. I also had a BP Daytona with working chrono that had a better dial but due to the case, it looked like a fat pig compared to my gen... Im therefore thinking a truly great daytona rep doesn't exist (unless you go modded) but maybe a submariner rep does?

Any 2019 updated tips on what i should consider to solve what I'm looking for and where to get it?

Reactions: vcappp

elmonch

7/1/19
To me looks like the noob v9 ceramic submariner is quite close.

Reactions: RL1924

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Noob daytona 116519ln 4130 - Apart from the weight, the gen is white gold, it's spot on.

Noob daytona 116500 4130 - white dial looks really good! Black dial has fat subdials, v2 fix this i think.

Arf Submariner 116610ln 904l 2824 - imho best ootb Sub

Arf Sea-dweller 126600 904l 2824 - one of the best ootb reps ever made.

Trio infernale: Noob 116519ln, Arf 116610ln, Arf 126600
azb2a.jpg

Last edited:

dongdong

24/8/16
Many thanks Itto I'm thinking the Arf Sea-dweller 126600 may be the one to go with in that case. Any particularly known flaws on it (case, dial, hands, crown, etc) and hows the bracelet it comes on? What is your fave between the ARF 126600 and the ARF 116610ln in finish, quality, and most gen-like accuracy and why?

Maron - I'm not convinced due to all the other inaccuracies on some of the Noob Daytona's that i've read about that the mentioned watch would be the way to go. But thanks and i'll take a look!

Reactions: iME

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Noob recently released a Daytona with a clone movement. Working chronograph and proper thickness. Your prayers have been answered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now if they can get the subdials right... would be damn near perfect. It's beautiful as it is now

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Many thanks Itto I'm thinking the Arf Sea-dweller 126600 may be the one to go with in that case. Any particularly known flaws on it (case, dial, hands, crown, etc) and hows the bracelet it comes on? What is your fave between the ARF 126600 and the ARF 116610ln in finish, quality, and most gen-like accuracy and why?

Regarding the sea-dweller: on the first batches the bezel teeth were a bit too pointy - but that's hardly noticable on the wrist and it had been fixed now as far as i know. Bracelet feels gen - the whole watch is totally awesome in finish. Not only looks but also feels great.

The Submariner ln.. well personally i must say, the finish and feeling is the same as on the sea-dweller. Excellent, but some say the lug shape is not correct in that it is too boxy. What can i say, i purchased a rolex-box recently and the seller turned out to work at an ad. Didnt known that before when i showed up at the meetingmeet was wearing the Arf. He complimented me on the LN and asked how long i had to wait for it - so much for the looks ;)

But on the 3135 the date-font is too fat, so you might better get the 2824

In conclusion, i think i would get the sea-dweller. It's a stunning watch.

Jerome Rome

20/11/18
United States of America
If you were interested in a non ceramic Sub the JF 16610LN SH3135 Non Rehaut at roughly $420 is great. My opinion of course. I'm sure others will know better. But take that watch, swap the date wheel out for genuine ($100-$200), and you'll have a really good replica IMO. I look forward to learning from this thread, Cheers!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Itto described it all very well. ARF SD43! Absolutely stunning watch.
I only can say go for it! I‘ve got a V1 second batch and love it.

Greets Andi

Reactions: Itto

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
now if they can get the subdials right... would be damn near perfect. It's beautiful as it is now

Maron - I'm not convinced due to all the other inaccuracies on some of the Noob Daytona's that i've read about that the mentioned watch would be the way to go. But thanks and i'll take a look!

Change to an ARF or Rolex dial.

dongdong

24/8/16
Change to an ARF or Rolex dial.

Many thanks and agree that would likely be a cool option, but honestly i don't have the time/ energy to go through the process and deal with the back and forth of that. I'm not that into watched in terms of dedicating a lot of time to it, rather i just want something i can wear on a night out while on a tear-up and not have worry about dinging it (where-as with the gen it's always in my mind).

Therefore the ARF SD sounds like the go. Itto any recommended dealers would be appreciated (if i'm allowed to ask that/ or PM if not). Many thanks!

dongdong

24/8/16
damn,, there has been a plot twist - I just read about the Noob SD... both the Noob and the ARF seemed to have pro's and cons, tough call but from what i'm reading some people are saying the Noob is the better rep?

I completely forgot but also just remembered- a few years ago i had a SD rep (not sure which make but it was a good one). I was a complete rookie so didn't know much about the detail but i remember although the finish was impressive (at least to a rookies eyes), i ditched it as the crown guard was FAR too boxy and an instant give away that it was a rep (the crown guards on the gen SD were less boxy than the Submariner as this was in the pre-cyclops days, although i'm not sure about the newer model?).

What are the key give-aways/ mistakes on both the Noob and the ARF Sea-Dwellers vs a gen SD4000?

Last edited:

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
The new Noob SD 126600 is.. how do i put that.. unnecessary.

The arf is already good ootb, feels amazing and with noob you will have qc problems, i almost guarantee you this. And i would bet the noob is not superior to the arf. I cannot comment on the sd4000 since i do not own one currently.

With all the ceramic (diver) rolies, i'd go for arf since their platinum bezel engravings cannot be topped ootb.

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
SD4000 was availible from Noob, too. V2 was in the NWBIG list if I remember correctly. I have had one. It was a good rep ootb.
But ARF SD43 is far superior to Noob‘s SD4000.

And Noob‘s SD43 I don‘t know. Itto says it right. I don’t think anyone needs this. Noob‘s SD43 is relatively new and up to now I didn’t read any reviews of this watch. So let‘s wait a while for it.

OP: I think you owned a Noob SSD V2 if you’re talking about incredible finish and boxy lugs? Had the same watch heavily modded. This watch made a lot of fun, too. Until BP came up with their classic SD16600.

Greets Andi

Reactions: vcappp and Itto

dongdong

24/8/16
damn,, there has been a plot twist - I just read about the Noob SD... both the Noob and the ARF seemed to have pro's and cons, tough call but from what i'm reading some people are saying the Noob is the better rep?

I completely forgot but also just remembered- a few years ago i had a SD rep (not sure which make but it was a good one). I was a complete rookie so didn't know much about the detail but i remember although the finish was impressive (at least to a rookies eyes), i ditched it as the crown guard was FAR too boxy and an instant give away that it was a rep (the crown guards on the gen SD were less boxy than the Submariner as this was in the pre-cyclops days, although i'm not sure about the newer model?).

What are the key give-aways/ mistakes on both the Noob and the ARF Sea-Dwellers vs a gen SD4000?

Hey Itto,

Sorry to bother you but you're a great help so wanted to ask you- I'm thinking the 43mm SD may be slightly large on my wrist (smaller wrist) and therefore a Sub may be the safer option. Would you say the ARF sub that you mentioned Arf Submariner 116610ln 904l 2824 is of the same finish and quality as their SD?

I'd actually really like the previous gen Sea-Dweller (40mm (?) non cyclops version) - is there a maker of that watch that is on par with the ARF SD 43 discussed above?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
As I mentioned. If you’re after a SD4K go for Noob V2 with A2824. Not V7 3135! Avoid this model.

Here is my former SD4K slightly modded with matte dial and ppm:

8a9a7d8cb8bf2ad113b98248e857c240.jpg

But don’t await ARF SD43 quality and finish. ARF is far ahead! But with a little bit modding and rebrushing/finishing the watch turns out really good. There was a BP version of this model, too. As far as I remember it was not on par with Noob.

Greets Andi

Reactions: gwalk03 and vcappp

dongdong

24/8/16
As I mentioned. If you’re after a SD4K go for Noob V2 with A2824. Not V7 3135! Avoid this model.

Here is my former SD4K slightly modded with matte dial and ppm:

8a9a7d8cb8bf2ad113b98248e857c240.jpg

But don’t await ARF SD43 quality and finish. ARF is far ahead! But with a little bit modding and rebrushing/finishing the watch turns out really good. There was a BP version of this model, too. As far as I remember it was not on par with Noob.

Greets Andi

Thansk Andi,,, hmm tough call,,, in that case it may make more sense to for slightly oversized with the 43 and have the nicest quality via ARF.... Unless the ARF sub is of same quality at ther SD43. (?)

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Hey Itto,

Sorry to bother you but you're a great help so wanted to ask you- I'm thinking the 43mm SD may be slightly large on my wrist (smaller wrist) and therefore a Sub may be the safer option. Would you say the ARF sub that you mentioned Arf Submariner 116610ln 904l 2824 is of the same finish and quality as their SD?

I'd actually really like the previous gen Sea-Dweller (40mm (?) non cyclops version) - is there a maker of that watch that is on par with the ARF SD 43 discussed above?

Yes, i'd say the Sub is definitely on par with the sea dweller.

Everytime i take it out of my Box, i think "whoa.. feels like gen"! Really, it feels great! Plus, the AR coating on the cyclops is as good as on the sea dweller - which gives a really good black hole effect. Bracelet and clasp are the best you can get.