• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116520/116500 Aftermarket Dials - Places to buy

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
http://www.abujameel.net/

Seller with a storefront in Dubai.
I’ve seen other users mention this site, and it also seems legit, but as no one has bothered to write a review on them, not much is known about their quality.
They do have cheaper dials available as well. ($75 - $450 US + shipping)

I have ordered from this side, 2 Paul Newman dials.Both dials were in stoch, 4 of each. After I didn‘t get any payment instructions I sent a whatsup and I got an answer in perfect German, that the dials are out of stock. That was in December. The stocklist is still not updated. When I ordered, I selected PP. Maybe it is in stock when you pay with CC. You loose your money and do not get a dial. Looks to me like a scam side.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
If there's these so called dial experts in Thailand that make MQ look like an amateur then where the hell are they :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
Honestly, if I were you I wouldn’t get too caught up in the minutia here, I’ve seen posts here many times that would outweigh gen expectations... You mentioned the 7750 movement anyway, and those are way thicker than gen anyway, my advice would be to have fun, don’t get caught up in forum hot topics (like the hatred of fat subdials in some Noob models), the love for ARF Daytona bezels (which to my eye are overly etched and way too bold, not gen like at all)... and just roll with your gut. If we went back 3 years, any member here would die for either an ARF or Noob current release..... Strikes and gutters, just as ‘the Dude’ would say....

Reactions: RiffRalf

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
I have ordered from this side, 2 Paul Newman dials.Both dials were in stoch, 4 of each. After I didn‘t get any payment instructions I sent a whatsup and I got an answer in perfect German, that the dials are out of stock. That was in December. The stocklist is still not updated. When I ordered, I selected PP. Maybe it is in stock when you pay with CC. You loose your money and do not get a dial. Looks to me like a scam side.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Guru, thanks for sharing.

I was a little weary from this site as well. Though I asked if something was in stock before making any purchase and I was redirected to a different product in slightly broken English through email.
I hope you didn't lose any money.

I guess I won't be making any purchases nor would I advise making any purchases from this site as well...

- - - - -

I am strongly contemplating buying from the Florida store. If I do pull the trigger, Ill be sure to post an update with pics etc.

Reactions: jcher

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
Great post, I was going to use T4D until I saw this.

If anyone uses the Dubai website then let me know, cheers.

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
Hmm this got me interested. Should I do on a ceramic or non ceramic bezel and oyster flex?
959557739b682cf33236fa30664209a3.jpg
2ea5af2bf559fe62e45d2ac997da2b9b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

also considering this but two flaws on this dial that dont make it worth the price. the fact that arabic numeral for number 5 is the wrong way around and that the letters are bigger than the gen dial. ive actually found someone selling the same dails for 200 USD. was going to go ahead but waiting to see if his second batch comes out better

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
also did ask phong to see if he would make one and he did get back to me with a price of between 450-550 but due to the time it would take to make one he declined saying he was too busy at the moment. i was hoping before Christmas he might change his mind as judging from his previous work, i believe he could pull it off and make one without the flaws

Zizo92

Horology Curious
10/7/19
Hey guys, first post on here...

I have ordered a 116500 Noob V2.2 from puretime and waiting for QC pics.

Been reading through a lot of posts and decided I want to replace the Noob bezel... I don't think I can look past the R issue

Given that I live in Dubai I decided to contact Abu Jameel, btw he is in Bahrain and not Dubai.

He sent me the below pics for the bezel and dials he has:
qJJmG.jpg

qJG0V.jpg

Sorry if this is a basic questions, but do aftermarket bezels usually fit easily on the Noob? the price is around $125 for the bezel alone.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Hey guys, first post on here...

I have ordered a 116500 Noob V2.2 from puretime and waiting for QC pics.

Been reading through a lot of posts and decided I want to replace the Noob bezel... I don't think I can look past the R issue

Given that I live in Dubai I decided to contact Abu Jameel, btw he is in Bahrain and not Dubai.

He sent me the below pics for the bezel and dials he has:

Sorry if this is a basic questions, but do aftermarket bezels usually fit easily on the Noob? the price is around $125 for the bezel alone.

Thanks for your help guys.

I'd rather keep the noob bezel than this one

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
also did ask phong to see if he would make one and he did get back to me with a price of between 450-550 but due to the time it would take to make one he declined saying he was too busy at the moment. i was hoping before Christmas he might change his mind as judging from his previous work, i believe he could pull it off and make one without the flaws

Of course he is busy spending money he harvested on fools for shit he is selling for big bucks....

Reactions: KJ2020

Zizo92

Horology Curious
10/7/19

Okay thanks for that, how would you recommend I proceed?

Should I buy an ARF Daytona for the bezel? or is there another way I can get my hands on a better quality bezel i.e. eBay? I hope there is a better way than the former as I prefer not paying $500 for the bezel alone.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Agreed, that bezel does not look good at all. You're better off buying an ARF, swapping the bezels and selling the ARF at a discount to someone not so picky. It's been done here.