• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116520/116500 Aftermarket Dials - Places to buy

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
So I’ve gotten to the point where I can no longer stand staring at the faulty Noob dial. And I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I wanted to start a thread for all of us noob owners who are looking to grab a new dial that isn’t gen, and that won’t require making modifications. (aka ARF dial or other dials made for the 7750 movement)

The point here is to share websites that you’ve come across and to kindly share buying experiences if you’ve taken the plunge at the sites so we know which ones are trustworthy.

Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:

https://watchesparts.com/t/dials?page=1

A seller with a storefront based in Florida.
This site looks legit, passed the “scam site test”, has a linked instagram account, answers the business phone number, and has most of the dials in stock. That being said, when I asked questions based on the exact item they took quite a while to respond with very short winded questions, and also wouldn’t respond to any request regarding receiving QC pictures. Therefore I’m reluctant to go forwards with these guys even though I can’t find anyone else selling “all ice blue” daytona aftermarket dials. ($300 US + shipping)

http://www.abujameel.net/

Seller with a storefront in Dubai.
I’ve seen other users mention this site, and it also seems legit, but as no one has bothered to write a review on them, not much is known about their quality.
They do have cheaper dials available as well. ($75 - $450 US + shipping)

https://www.ebay.it/

If you search “Daytona Aftermarket” - you will see that there is a seller with decent rating who sells a smaller collection of dials similar in quality/price to the Florida based store, “watchesparts”. (260€ + shipping)

https://www.helenarou.com/

She was kind enough to let me know that most dials they carry are made for ETA 7750, and that if I wanted a custom made one for 4130 movement, they can only sell in bulk (100+ pieces) at a time. Also, because the ones I am looking for have a “raised marker” it would have to be specially made...

http://vintagewatchesmq.com/

MQ who I know specializes more in vintage builds... He responded saying he only has a very select few types capable of being installed in a 116520. Not a good choice for us seeking a modern build.

—-

Anyone have other places, or know members that know any better? Business awaits!

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Its difficult pinpointing who supplies all these dials; I heard they come from a maker in vietnam, but who knows... its interesting how they all seem to be priced similary. I wonder just how much they’re marked up.

It would be nice if someone could help in pointing everyone in the right direction on how to get as close as possible to the source of these good quality aftermarket dials.

I found another site which is clearly ripping people off as when you zoom into thier photos and compare them to the ones on the other sites I posted, they are literally the exact same ones, only priced at more than double the price... They do however have models that I can’t seem to find elsewhere though:

https://www.time4diamonds.com/

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Nice work, great contribution. I agree it is very difficult finding these dials. Definitely a market for it.

zach_1622

Known Member
5/2/19
Nice! The two first sites seems great!

The one based in Dubai seems most interesting, and they aslo mention witch ref. the dial will fit. Are you going to order from one of these? I am really interested in the white ceramic noob daytona myself, but the dial needs work.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I wanted to get from the guy based in Dubai the Mickey Mouse Daytona dial but it is out of stock. Once I started asking when it will be available the answer was "I don't know" - the same dial is available by T4D but the price is insane (+ I found it on another site but the price is always 800-1300$ which is crazy and not acceptable for me..

The Mickey Mouse Daytona will be always my project watch, hopefully some day I'll be able to score the dial somwhere..

Reactions: ssouthall6

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Actually, I’ve reached out to the Dubai guy who kindly let me know he is out of stock of the ice blue dials with crystals and tried to pitch me the ice blue with black subs and diamond hours which Im not interested in.

Im thinking of pulling the trigger with the Florida guy for the all ice blue dial since I’ve been wanting to have an all ice steel model.

If i end up using any site, I’ll be sure to post a review of the purchase here.

Reactions: zach_1622

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Would be interested, if the Florida guy is reliable.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Anyway, great summary

„Time doesn‘t exist. Clocks exist.“

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Thanks for the warm words.

One thing I noticed about the guy in Dubai is that all of the text for “SWISS MADE” is in incorrect placing when compared with gen. Its far too wide I think and it might be a dead giveaway.

One thing about ALL aftermarket dials on these sites is that the font and spacing for the “ROLEX - SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER” is 116520 style.

I have yet to come across one after market dial where the font and spacing is like the ones you find on gen dials for the ceramic bezels or PM versions.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Therefore I love my gens ;)

a6fe78242e4b53588e44b2cb45c0b6ef.jpg

50f822445e60e46d5eeac8c485e93428.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Actually, I’ve reached out to the Dubai guy who kindly let me know he is out of stock of the ice blue dials with crystals and tried to pitch me the ice blue with black subs and diamond hours which Im not interested in.

Im thinking of pulling the trigger with the Florida guy for the all ice blue dial since I’ve been wanting to have an all ice steel model.

If i end up using any site, I’ll be sure to post a review of the purchase here.

BP makes that dial, and it should fit a 4130 with shaving, if you're up for that. TD's will generally source just a dial for you, especially if you're buying another watch.

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=16316

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Why would you pay $300 for a replica dial you can get from any of the TD's here for $48 (give or take a few bucks)?

If you had actually bought a dial from one of these guys and could verify they were credible and the dials weren't garbage that would be great - even then the price difference is staggering.

Edit - even adding the modder costs to install it is still cheaper to get an ARF dial have it shaved and installed. Buying the dial, bezel, having both installed, shaving the gasket, waterproof is still cheaper than just the cost of the dial =)

Last edited:

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Why would you pay $300 for a replica dial you can get from any of the TD's here for $48 (give or take a few bucks)?

If you had actually bought a dial from one of these guys and could verify they were credible and the dials weren't garbage that would be great - even then the price difference is staggering.

Edit - even adding the modder costs to install it is still cheaper to get an ARF dial have it shaved and installed. Buying the dial, bezel, having both installed, shaving the gasket, waterproof is still cheaper than just the cost of the dial =)

Thing is, I live in Japan currently, where I'm pretty sure there are almost no other users here. Customs is very strict so I'm having a friend coming back from the U.S. physically bring me back the dial that I'll have shipped to him. I have no capacity to modify pieces, but I have a watch maker who will reluctantly put pieces together for me if it doesn't require mods. (They are extra touchy about these things here.)

ARF dials are the nicest reps, yes, but I am specifically seeking an "all ice-blue" dial with lume points for hour markers which I know is fantasy, and TD's don't sell them. AFAIK noob is the only company TD's have access to that make dials made for a 4130 movement...and they are all shitty.

I know $300 is steep for a non gen dial, thats why I am hoping that someone who has managed to acquire a dial for cheaper from a site I hadn't mentioned would share.

iskillio

12/9/14
Hmm this got me interested. Should I do on a ceramic or non ceramic bezel and oyster flex?
959557739b682cf33236fa30664209a3.jpg
2ea5af2bf559fe62e45d2ac997da2b9b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: arshia

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
The font of ROLEX is for stainless steel model, then again its clearly a fantasy dial anyways. I’d say go for a diamond bezel!

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17

This. Look at the chocolate dial. It has the exact same flaw with the 10 and 2 not touching the subdials. I think these are simply rep dials

Reactions: thinwhiteduke

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Shit. Was pretty sure in getting one from these guys but after your guys’ input... not really sure anymore.

Would be pretty choked if what I end up getting from one of these dealers is just a rep dial shaved to fit a gen and paid $300+ for it.

Going to do some more research. There are still some dials they sell that are not on any reps I see on Puretime’s site for reps. Where do they get them from I wonder...