• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A new daily wearer, Full mod BK YM with prof black hole and Tomrep’s latest V2 bezel mod (pic heavy)

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Good afternoon to you all around a globe,

In a nutshell I wanted a really nice YM that I could wear daily without having to totally blow the budget. I think this is a cracking ‘economy’ non franken build for what you get.

Base watch is a full mod BK Noob YM so genuine Swiss ETA 2836 with a monster power reserve, runs to perfection, Rehaut aligned, sealed and tested for WR, plus all his other usual additions etc etc.

I then went for the prof black hole crystal (this is my first one and I have to say having had at least 5-6 gen crystal watches in my time it is indeed very close and certainly leaps ahead of the standard factory ones) it has the ‘shine’ gen crystals give off and of course the infamous black hole we all speak of. Nice work prof!

Lastly I went for the Tomrep bezel mod. I’ve said this before but this is far and away the best ‘must have’ mod for a YM. I’m sure everybody knows but for anyone knew that may be reading. The gen YM insert is totally matte and textured so it looks like a completely separate material to the rest of the watch. Standard rep YM’s have a plain and smooth silver exactly the same as the rest of the watch which makes it instantly incorrect from every angle. He has taken it to another level now with his latest V2 mod and I can not recommend it highly enough.

I’m kind of yearning for another superfranken YM at some point but for now I think I’ve ended up with a really solid little piece here. I do hope you enjoy the pictures I’ve taken for you and as always you guys are the best judges!

p.s I managed to find two pics of the GEN in the sunlight similar to some of mine ;)

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Outstanding, a beautiful piece.

So did BK fit the crystal and insert or did you have that done afterwards?

Thanks Waspy! Prof shipped the crystal direct to BK which he installed as they are both CONUS I then sent the watch to Tomrep who’s EU which is same as me, worth the wait in the end ;)

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I have a very similar BK build like you. My biggest gripe is the blue text on the dial and I would like to switch the dial and seconds hand out at some point soon.

Reactions: retiredwatchguy68