• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Arf Submariner

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
How does this Arf Submariner look? I’m a newbie and to me the look, feel and finish is amazing and the time keeping is awesome especially with the eta 2824-2 top grade I had installed. My concern is the crystal that most members say to change to profs or gen. I think the Arf crystal looks pretty good maybe Arf changed their crystals, I got this in mid January from puretime.

https://picr.me/image/4WJzK
https://picr.me/image/4WywL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Looks great.

The ARF Crystal is pretty good.

Here’s mine with a genuine crystal for comparison. Not a lot of difference to be honest.

f9659e4d912cbdc8d5294ad445886cfc.jpg

Enjoy your new watch.

Reactions: arcticangus

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
Beautiful. Now if I can only get my crown nice like yours. Mine is sticking out and I’m debating on shaving existing tube and stem or if I’m going for gen tube and crown. If I find someone who can tap my case I will go gen and then get my Arf waterproofed.

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
Another question M. Hall. When you put your gen crystal in did you put the gen gasket or did you use the rep gasket? I hear the gen gasket doesn’t fit, I hope it does because I ordered one along with all new gaskets and o rings for when I bring it in to be waterproofed. I also ordered gs hypo cement for watch crystals just incase.

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
How does this Arf Submariner look? I’m a newbie and to me the look, feel and finish is amazing and the time keeping is awesome especially with the eta 2824-2 top grade I had installed. My concern is the crystal that most members say to change to profs or gen. I think the Arf crystal looks pretty good maybe Arf changed their crystals, I got this in mid January from puretime.

https://picr.me/image/4WJzK
https://picr.me/image/4WywL

wich model is this 904l?

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
Yes it’s the 904l. It weighs 154 grams. The bracelet is as good as gen. My friend has the gen and it looks and feels the same. Only difference I see is that his glide lock glides smoother. These reps have come so far it’s recalling amazing what you get for 500 bucks.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Here's mine that's arriving this week, crown looks great
4da02529ebb3af455771b4b26cf02a81.jpg
2a70b9c36c9412be9a2a5eeed5ad05f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
Your crown looks amazing. That’s a new batch. Your gonna love it. When you get it in your hands and feel it you will see how good these submariners are. I swapped my movement and the winding on eta2824-2 top grade is butter smooth and no rotor noise.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Is yours the sh3135 or the a2824?

Mine is a 2825. Wanted to get the sh3135, because of the gen like time setting, etc. But it had more flaws. Since I'm not going to mod it I wanted the best ootb

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
If your going to swap the crystal just get a gen and a gen date wheel.. You won't regret it for one second.

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
Does the gen datewheel fit the 2824 model?

Not as a direct swap as it would be on a SH3135 but I believe they can modify it and use it as a overlay on to the rep date wheel, but you would need to ask a modder to confirm.

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
Yes you can shave gen date wheel and glue it on existing date wheel “overlay” i haven’t done it but I’ve read many threads about it.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Damn. I regret selling mine. I think I might wait a couple years and see what comes out before getting a new one

yosimiz

Known Member
11/8/12
Yes you can shave gen date wheel and glue it on existing date wheel “overlay” i haven’t done it but I’ve read many threads about it.

LOL mate.. You don't shave it and glue it on top of the overlay. You prepare an overlay out of the gen dw by shaving it.
You remove the existing overlay, clean the dw from glue residue and than glue it on top. It's more complicated than just gluing. It needs to go in perfectly centered.. It's a whole process and requires experienced hands.

Frankie9

Renowned Member
1/1/19
Ontario, Canada
Thank you for the clarification on the date wheel. That sounds like a tricky job. Like putting hands on the watch. I’ve tried putting hands on a watch and it was a disaster. I could just imagine trying to center the date overlay.

bulldog23

Horology Curious
19/6/17
Another question M. Hall. When you put your gen crystal in did you put the gen gasket or did you use the rep gasket? I hear the gen gasket doesn’t fit, I hope it does because I ordered one along with all new gaskets and o rings for when I bring it in to be waterproofed. I also ordered gs hypo cement for watch crystals just incase.

Where will you get it waterproofed?

Sent from the RWI App

tennismichi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/19
Im thinking about getting a gen dw and prof crystal. That would cost me around 500 bucks including the installation. Is this a fair price? Is it worth it guys?