• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Daytona 116500 by Johnny Depp (w/pics)

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15
After several problems with the SA4130, i sent this watch for a full service of the movement and some nice upgrades to Johnny Depp
Base: Noob 116500 v2
ARF dial v2
ARF bezel vs
Gen gasket
Re-brushed Noob bracelet

Now it runs smooth and it has a really nice gen feeling. I'm totally in love with it.

EDIT: The scratches on the hands was not made by johnny, but by a local watchsmith that in the attempt of reparing the watch mad a lot of damages. Johnny did the best he could since the watch was raped from this "watchsmith"
Here's some pic :D

3TkPr.jpg

3T0aF.jpg

3T2WI.jpg

3TGho.jpg

3TwcL.jpg

3TlmK.jpg

3Tgoe.jpg

3TSWT.jpg

3TYhA.jpg

Last edited:

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
That is beautiful - if you ever decide to sell, I’ll happily take it!

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atallcosts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/13
Absolutely stunning. What was your total investment in this piece?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Gorgeous buddy! What's the thickness now? I have the same thing essentially! Makes the watch so much better!

zach_1622

Known Member
5/2/19
Looks very good! I'm planning to do the same! Noob base with ARF seems to be a killer comco :)

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Amazing work
Where is Johnny located ?

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI GRA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Looks great. Is the subdials fully reset? The left one doesnt look like its straight at 12

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15
Absolutely stunning. What was your total investment in this piece?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Was about 800€ (watch + parts to change) + the price for the service on the movement

Gorgeous buddy! What's the thickness now? I have the same thing essentially! Makes the watch so much better!
now it's 12.37mm

Amazing work
Where is Johnny located ?

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI GRA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Italy

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
No offence but I’d be sending it back as the left subdial is not aligned and what has happened to the centre seconds pinion?? The hour and minute hand look a little marked too????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
No offence but I’d be sending it back as the left subdial is not aligned and what has happened to the centre seconds pinion?? The hour and minute hand look a little marked too????

Seems seconds chrono hand brake and was not well repaired. Btw you’re right hands are marked, and hours chrono hand not well aligned, too much on left, but maybe OP don’t see that because need a macro shot to see scratches.
It’s a nice watch at least, by doing those kinds of mods I know how hard is too well finished, reason why I am very carefully with hands, aligning and dial that could scratch easily when fitting the hands.
I have braked some hands, not really a problem, those rep hands braked easily but could be repaired properly and you will not notice the difference.
At least bro it’s a nice watch, enjoy and wear it well, those imperfections can’t be seen without macro shots, so doesn’t matter if you could live with.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15

Seems seconds chrono hand brake and was not well repaired. Btw you’re right hands are marked, and hours chrono hand not well aligned, too much on left, but maybe OP don’t see that because need a macro shot to see scratches.
It’s a nice watch at least, by doing those kinds of mods I know how hard is too well finished, reason why I am very carefully with hands, aligning and dial that could scratch easily when fitting the hands.
I have braked some hands, not really a problem, those rep hands braked easily but could be repaired properly and you will not notice the difference.
At least bro it’s a nice watch, enjoy and wear it well, those imperfections can’t be seen without macro shots, so doesn’t matter if you could live with.

Big chrono hand was installed with a hammer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, that's not johnny fault. As i mentioned i had several problems with this watch. Before i found johnny, i gave the watch for a full service to a local watchsmith that have done a lot of damages (also scratched the hands). Probably in the future i'll swap hands with gen. Anyway as you said it's visible ONLY with macro shots.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Big chrono hand was installed with a hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

Lewis Whyman

Horology Curious
10/12/17
I have same issue with chrono second hand. I had a dial fitted and now it don’t reset dead on 12 marker. Can somebody tell me if it’s an easy fix with a movement service. After reading this thread it’s made me really worried.

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
I have same issue with chrono second hand. I had a dial fitted and now it don’t reset dead on 12 marker. Can somebody tell me if it’s an easy fix with a movement service. After reading this thread it’s made me really worried.

Not hard job to be done, need to fit out hands and fit them in properly, if your hand is really injured need to be changed if can’t be repaired properly.
It’s not a servicing problem but an hand stack one

Lewis Whyman

Horology Curious
10/12/17
Thanks man. Looking at the hand it don’t look scratched or damaged. I was going to get it serviced by domi soon so hopefully he can rectify it.

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Thanks man. Looking at the hand it don’t look scratched or damaged. I was going to get it serviced by domi soon so hopefully he can rectify it.

Domi will do that easily and with a good servicing your watch will have the same reliability as gen is.