• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is BP still making the best 16600 Sea Dweller?

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
It's amazing how much better this watch is in 2019 versus how limited our options were 10 years ago. Back then, you had to mod the crap out of a base watch and there were only a handful of modders who could help you. You were easily looking at hundreds upon hundreds of dollars added on top of the base watch and you still didn't get close to awesomeness.

Even a few years ago you still had to do a handful of mods to the base watch to make it more respectable. The ending price was more reasonable than it used to be, but it still involved a base watch plus some parts and a modder's time.

Today, you can literally contact Sead or Intime and in a week or so, have an exceptional, ready to wear piece on your wrist!! Done, and half the price of what it cost to go all-in just a few years ago. That's so rare to have declining price AND increasing quality in the rep world. If it were a modern piece, they would jack the price up since the watch is so good now. LOL

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Enigmaticus

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
It's amazing how much better this watch is in 2019 versus how limited our options were 10 years ago. Back then, you had to mod the crap out of a base watch and there were only a handful of modders who could help you. You were easily looking at hundreds upon hundreds of dollars added on top of the base watch and you still didn't get close to awesomeness.

Even a few years ago you still had to do a handful of mods to the base watch to make it more respectable. The ending price was more reasonable than it used to be, but it still involved a base watch plus some parts and a modder's time.

Today, you can literally contact Sead or Intime and in a week or so, have an exceptional, ready to wear piece on your wrist!! Done, and half the price of what it cost to go all-in just a few years ago. That's so rare to have declining price AND increasing quality in the rep world. If it were a modern piece, they would jack the price up since the watch is so good now. LOL

Any pics of the recent model ? Or have I missed them here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK

There was one on page 6 I think? But it would be nice to see more pics of recent stock versions on here if anyone has any please :) I'm just in the process of confirming an order for one with Sead (who advised me that they are now only available with A2813, A2824 or Swiss 2824).

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
There was one on page 6 I think? But it would be nice to see more pics of recent stock versions on here if anyone has any please :) I'm just in the process of confirming an order for one with Sead (who advised me that they are now only available with A2813, A2824 or Swiss 2824).

Same here!

Lupoalberto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/16
got one from Sead. Arrived in uk and waiting for shiiping to my country. I'll be glad to share pics.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Latest version. All stock.

Not without its flaws - barely any thread / travel on the crown and the bezel mechanism is made from twigs - can even turn it the other way! But is nice.

VzPwZD.md.jpg
VzPGsh.md.jpg
VzPliU.md.jpg

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16

Mine (pic in post just above) came from Sead.
A2824 movement ... keeps perfectly good time and really smooth (much better than the DG2813).
Seems to gain about +2 seconds/day, so 12 minutes a year ... I can live with that :p

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Mine (pic in post just above) came from Sead.
A2824 movement ... keeps perfectly good time and really smooth (much better than the DG2813).
Seems to gain about +2 seconds/day, so 12 minutes a year ... I can live with that :p

Looks great. I know it can be repositioned, but is your DWO leaning left like a lot of these are? I was looking on Intime at the same A2824. May I ask what yours was priced at? Sead's a great TD.

muiramas - which TD did you use for yours?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Looks great. I know it can be repositioned, but is your DWO leaning left like a lot of these are? I was looking on Intime at the same A2824. May I ask what yours was priced at? Sead's a great TD.

Yes ... the DW is a little left, about 0,5mm, but I'll live with that.
I don't think it can be repositionned as the DW is a circle.
So if you move it 0,5 mm to the right it will be 1mm to the left when it has turned 180°.
The only way would be to put a dial with the date window moved 0,5mm to the left ... perhaps I'll try to mod my spare one before reprinting it.
I paid $244 shipped (watch only ... spare dial was a plus)

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Yes ... the DW is a little left, about 0,5mm, but I'll live with that.
I don't think it can be repositionned as the DW is a circle.
So if you move it 0,5 mm to the right it will be 1mm to the left when it has turned 180°.
The only way would be to put a dial with the date window moved 0,5mm to the left ... perhaps I'll try to mod my spare one before reprinting it.
I paid $244 shipped (watch only ... spare dial was a plus)

Thanks man! :) I am by no means an expert, as I own a bunch of tools but I haven't actually used them yet to tinker. Ha ha. From what I have been told, there is a slight margin of error with how the dial sits in the case before you tighten the movement screws. You can sometimes shift the dial over, ever so slightly, before tightening down the screws and sealing it back up. That can sometimes make up for a little bit of the typical ETA left-justified appearance. I could be misremembering, though. Are you CONUS based? How long did shipping take? I am thinking about reaching out to Sead here in the next few weeks.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Thanks man! :) I am by no means an expert, as I own a bunch of tools but I haven't actually used them yet to tinker. Ha ha. From what I have been told, there is a slight margin of error with how the dial sits in the case before you tighten the movement screws. You can sometimes shift the dial over, ever so slightly, before tightening down the screws and sealing it back up. That can sometimes make up for a little bit of the typical ETA left-justified appearance. I could be misremembering, though. Are you CONUS based? How long did shipping take? I am thinking about reaching out to Sead here in the next few weeks.

Not CONUS based ... I'm a Frenchie ;)
Sead shipped the watch 07/03 and that BPSD sits on my wrist since 20/03 - 2 weeks only (1 week China to HK + 1 week HK to my wrist) with $15 EMS shipping so I'm pretty happy.
No idea how long it would take from China to CONUS but it shouldn't take much longer.
Sead is a great guy ... not talkative at all (short sentences, no useless words, no "my friend" or "best regards" etc ...) so customers can be a little surprised at first, but when you get used to his style the communication is, in fact, really good.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Lucy got this one for me.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16

Forgot to tell something.
On mine the DW sits a little on the left AND the dial if perfectly centered (left/right) in the rehaut.
So if I move the dial a bit to the left the date will be perfectly centered in the date window BUT the minute track will be offcentered.
Tht's why I'll live with the date leaning left.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Forgot to tell something.
On mine the DW sits a little on the left AND the dial if perfectly centered (left/right) in the rehaut.
So if I move the dial a bit to the left the date will be perfectly centered in the date window BUT the minute track will be offcentered.
Tht's why I'll live with the date leaning left.
Thanks for both replies! I have no reservations about working with him. He and Angus are both great dealers. Great point about the minute track! I completely forgot about that important detail! If you shift the dial over, then your minutes will be off center. Oh well, a little left leaning isn't a big deal. With no cyclops it's hard to see it anyway! :)

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
I’ve seen they make these with 3135 now

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/3438-...et-sa3135.html

Interesting. I don't know much about that movement. How is the SA3135 for reliability? Is this the one that people are modding with other watches to use gen date wheels and gen hands, gen dials, replacing various movement parts with gen movement parts, or is that only the Yuki you can do that with?