• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is BP still making the best 16600 Sea Dweller?

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Mine still sits in my watch box with a broken 2813 movement and a gen ETA 2836 waiting to be installed into a watch next to it.

Still thinking if I want to put the ETA into the SD or postpone it until I buy an A2836 super rep I want to keep and put the ETA in it while putting the A2836 into the Sea Dweller.

The watch is a beauty though, here's a pic on my wrist
r9GbA.jpg

Reactions: TimeValue

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Seefeld many thanks.
You can ask some TD's for sourcing the BP SD for you. (ask them to get the 2824 or 2836 movement)
This Sea-Dweller is so nice and very comfortable to wear.
The lug-holes were drilled by ado. I wanted this more vintage look for the lug-hole Sea-Dweller model of the 16600

Reactions: Seefeld

Lupoalberto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/16
Just a silly question:is it waterproof? If not may i have a link how's to? Thank you guys. Federico

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Seefeld many thanks.
You can ask some TD's for sourcing the BP SD for you. (ask them to get the 2824 or 2836 movement)
This Sea-Dweller is so nice and very comfortable to wear.
The lug-holes were drilled by ado. I wanted this more vintage look for the lug-hole Sea-Dweller model of the 16600

Looks great! Any other mods except for drilling lug-holes?

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Thank you Nur-Uhr , actually I do prefer it with drilled lug holes as well and I wouldn't buy a huge modern SD. I've already sent few emails and almost everybody replied that it is not available anymore, but I'm still waiting for a couple of replies. Is yours modded? Both insert and dial look so perfect!

Reacher01

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/12/18
Good news, the guy from chazingtime told me they can source this one from the factory!
Seemed strange to me, but he also double checked with BP and confirmed.
I'm going to order one as soon as I find a way to send them money, since they don't use bitcoin or paypal

exrazile

23/8/15
This is one of my childhood favorites. I just have so many dang dive watches already. Haha! Best of luck, looking forward to the pics you’re going to post for alll of us to ogle over.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Bullshit! The BP SEL's are totally crap. I own one.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

I don’t think anyone with a 4/5 digit sub would ever say the bracelet is it’s strong point. Rolex bracelets were a running joke before they started making them properly. That a rep bracelet on a $300 fake is not as good as a genuine one will be a surprise to no one, my point was the original was not great either.

Vintagerolly

26/7/18
i just got mine from lucy a couple weeks ago...took basically 2 months to get here.
the bracelet is fine except the clasp which sucks. I've never held a genuine though but like others have said it likely isnt' great either (compared to a modern rolex)
I replaced the clasp with a glidelock one then eventually just put it on a strap which I like more!

tvr1990

Looking Around
20/12/14
Hello everyone! Me too am in love with this gorgeous model!

Isn’t it possible to ask to a TD if they can sell one with A2836 instead of A2824... it seems to do a difference on final result!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando RWI

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Hello everyone! Me too am in love with this gorgeous model!

Isn’t it possible to ask to a TD if they can sell one with A2836 instead of A2824... it seems to do a difference on final result!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando RWI

They will get you only what the factory produces. If it comes with a 2824 you can easily change it for a 2836 Swiss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
The answer is YES !!! BP is still making this (arrived yesterday)

EDIT :
I ordered a spare dial to try to build an MKI "SWISS - T<25" dial :wub:
If I achieve that modd I'll drill the lugs ... through the existing lugholes so that I could keep the SELs bracelet
Then ... I'll have to source a "flat four" insert :unsure:

Vz6Vqy.jpg

Last edited:

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
The answer is YES !!! BP is still making this (arrived yesterday)

EDIT :
I ordered a spare dial to try to build an MKI "SWISS - T<25" dial :wub:
If I achieve that modd I'll drill the lugs ... through the existing lugholes so that I could keep the SELs bracelet
Then ... I'll have to source a "flat four" insert :unsure:

Gorgeous piece congrats! (mine is still somewhere I hope will be here soon)
Can you give me a link for the dial please?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Gorgeous piece congrats! (mine is still somewhere I hope will be here soon)
Can you give me a link for the dial please?

The spare dial I ordered is stock so exactly the same that the one that comes with a BPSD.
I asked Sead to add it before sending the watch ($35)
I will remove the markers, reprint the dial in MKI, age the lume and put the markers back in place.

EDIT - 21/03/09 :
I definitely want 3D printings for that MKI one so no decal this time, that will be my first attempt to really silk-print a dial ... just hope I'll succeed
;)

Last edited: