• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

Underscore

Horology Curious
19/2/17
I'm considering buying a 904L BP Explorer I from Intime, anyone know if the clasp can be swapped with a glidelock? I believe it's possible with the gen version, assuming you can acquire a glidelock clasp since Rolex won't sell them to you anymore.

I'm wondering whether I can order a glidelock clasp (not sure which factory) separately along with the with the watch and swap it over myself.

Reactions: vcappp

Nick8k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/19
Just got my BP 2824 explorer in the mail 2 days ago.

A bit of a mixed bag of feelings.. on the one hand the watch looks excellent on the wrist. Sizing the bracelet was effortless - it just needed a good clean and an oil bath to get the squeaks out.

Upon closer inspection is a bit disappointing. Yes, it costs less than the ARF version but still cost more than the ZF bb58 I also ordered which is flawless. BP's QC isn't quite there. There is a pit/dirt on the lume in 9, and some pitting/scratches on the polished bezel that I can only guess happened when pressing in the crystal.

My first QC had similar issues with pitting on the lug by the bracelet.

Overall this isn't a huge issue as I'm sure it'll pick up a few scratches here and there during its life but I prefer to be the one making these imperfections.

Thanks for sharing. That's indeed a disappointment, scratches and dirt on the lume is something you would not expect when paying a substantial price. This is just bad quality management, wasn't it visible on the QC pictures? Can you open the watch and remove the dirt spot?

I was thinking about buying a BP 2824 explorer as well, but after reading this I guess I will wait a couple of months until I have seen good reviews and QC pictures.

Reactions: vcappp

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
I was thinking about buying a BP 2824 explorer as well, but after reading this I guess I will wait a couple of months until I have seen good reviews and QC pictures.

If you look at other posts, you will se that it's gotten good reviews already. Mine is flawless, no dirt on the lume, and no scratches. It runs 10 seconds fast every 24 hours, that's the only flaw on mine :)

grilledcheesesandwich

2/12/18
Thanks for sharing. That's indeed a disappointment, scratches and dirt on the lume is something you would not expect when paying a substantial price. This is just bad quality management, wasn't it visible on the QC pictures? Can you open the watch and remove the dirt spot?

In hindsight the specs of dust on the lume were visible on QC photos. The issue with the pics is that there was lots of dust on the crystal as well, and I assumed the dirty lume was just dust.

The scratches on the bezel were not visible.

Eventually when/if the a2824 dies or I am feeling brave, I will decase the movement and see if the dirt will come off. I'm not quite there yet.

Its true - other members here have good examples of the BP explorer. I just find it odd that the two examples I was shown had defects outside the norm (misaligned markers) such as pits/scratches in the case.

Again, I wouldnt discourage you from picking up the watch - just be more careful with your QC check

Tokei_R

25/2/19
Was thrilled to receive QC email notifications until I opened it up... Am I lucky or unlucky to receive the older version that’s not in the listing anymore? Lol

By the way I have rejected it and hopefully the next one will be correct...
https://imgur.com/gallery/68QeILb

Tete

4/11/16
Was thrilled to receive QC email notifications until I opened it up... Am I lucky or unlucky to receive the older version that’s not in the listing anymore? Lol

I do not know what is TD. That is not a error is cheated!!!!! ????????‍♂️????????

nojoeing

Known Member
11/2/17
UK

This is the watch that I rejected two days ago. You can PM me and I can show you pictures with the same markings on the back.

I’ll get a lot of hate for saying this here but some of the TD practices sure are dodgy. I informed them after sending me these pictures that this is Gen 1 of the Rolex Explorer I. They knew and still tried to sell it to you.

On a different note I got my QC pictures today. I have uploaded them looking for advice about my main concern which is the six marker number. I believe it is crooked to the left. Four, ten and three are also not perfect but OK by my standards. The only worry is the six. What does everyone think?

Sent from the RWI App

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Too late to edit. Here is a picture. The concern is the six-hour marker.

http://imgur.com/7nW3Gbz

Obviously crooked 6 marker IMO

Also trying to sell a watch as a different version twice is unaccepable for a TD in my book. It cannot be excused as a mistake then. Not really trustworthy.. Who is the TD?

Last edited:

nojoeing

Known Member
11/2/17
UK
Obviously crooked 6 marker IMO

Also trying to sell a watch as a different version twice is unaccepable for a TD in my book. It cannot be excused as a mistake then. Not really trustworthy.. Who is the TD?

I'd prefer not to share.

I think I'll reject. Not sure if I'll get the same type of watch next time but we'll see.

Thanks.

Tokei_R

25/2/19
This is the watch that I rejected two days ago. You can PM me and I can show you pictures with the same markings on the back.

I’ll get a lot of hate for saying this here but some of the TD practices sure are dodgy. I informed them after sending me these pictures that this is Gen 1 of the Rolex Explorer I. They knew and still tried to sell it to you.

On a different note I got my QC pictures today. I have uploaded them looking for advice about my main concern which is the six marker number. I believe it is crooked to the left. Four, ten and three are also not perfect but OK by my standards. The only worry is the six. What does everyone think?

Sent from the RWI App

Its horrible to hear that... This is my first rep purchase and hence I was excited to receive it. Hope they won’t send me the QC of yours after you reject it...

Tokei_R

25/2/19
I'd prefer not to share.

I think I'll reject. Not sure if I'll get the same type of watch next time but we'll see.

Thanks.

Let’s see how many tries for them to get it right, probably will change TD after this purchase...

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Let’s see how many tries for them to get it right, probably will change TD after this purchase...

Yeah. I understand why people don’t like mentioning TDs by name. But I really think it’s ok to mention their name when they try to cheat people. That’s the only way to stop stuff like that. I can’t believe a TD would do that twice with the same watch. Not ok.

Anyway I hope you get the watch you paid for instead of an old version they have trouble selling.

Reactions: Rel and Mendota

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
FWIW I have the new BP and can confirm it does have the brushed back like the gen and am really happy with it with no dust issues. I like it so much I think I will switch out the movement for an eta/sellita.

grilledcheesesandwich

2/12/18
FWIW I have the new BP and can confirm it does have the brushed back like the gen and am really happy with it with no dust issues. I like it so much I think I will switch out the movement for an eta/sellita.

Please post when you do!

Faj

10/3/19

I just ordered one too,
waiting for QC pics.

you give me hope, as I was starting to get disappointed reading bad stuff.

Hope will get a new models.

Other hints recognizing it beside brushed case back?