• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
AS from 2013 the reahut of BP still totally off compared with genuine. The characters of the words "rolex rolex rolex" are too big and the geniune reahut has a really thin characters. And also there aren't no space between "rolexrolex" words, and that totally wrong.

Correct, that's what I was trying to say, but I'm gonna give this BP a try anyway!

Reactions: lambo79 and Biertje

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Correct, that's what I was trying to say, but I'm gonna give this BP a try anyway!

That's a shame beacuse actually still the only great one with reilable movement. Noob with 2824 it's out of stock actually.

I can't buy this one with this horrible reahut.

EDIT: it's really funny to me see people that tell that this dial have correct 3 9 and EXPLORER words and anything about reahut LOL

JF was an amazing watch about qualiy compared to BP and Noob, and ARF also, but unfortunally ARF have totally decentered reahut and unreilable movement.

Biertje

Horology Curious
8/2/19
Thanks for all the comments and opinions! The dial is really good, rehaut isn't that great but in person difficult to notice unless you take a very close look at it. Yesterday I noticed my dial is ever so slightly turned counter clockwise and now I can't unsee it lol. Love this watch design, goes under the radar and fits very well on my small lady size wrist.

https://imgur.com/VOBE1mJ

https://imgur.com/q4PL33b

Reactions: Seefeld and TheEC

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Yesterday I noticed my dial is ever so slightly turned counter clockwise and now I can't unsee it lol. ]

that's the worst part of this game lol!

Anyway numbers and case shape look much better in BP, I'm just curious to see and feel materials and how it is assembled and expecially bracelet and clasp because these parts in arf model are really good

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for all the comments and opinions! The dial is really good, rehaut isn't that great but in person difficult to notice unless you take a very close look at it. Yesterday I noticed my dial is ever so slightly turned counter clockwise and now I can't unsee it lol. Love this watch design, goes under the radar and fits very well on my small lady size wrist.

https://imgur.com/VOBE1mJ

https://imgur.com/q4PL33b

You can adjust the dial position that small amount pretty easily. Remove the caseback, loosen the movement clamps and nudge the dial/movement to the desired position. Retighten the clamps, replace the caseback and done. NOTE: This technique should only be considered when adjusting the dial a miniscule amount since adjusting the movement will alter the stem position in the tube. So be mindful of this as you never want to impose undue stress on the stem.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I never sweat the rehaut much on reps, nobody gets it right IMO. Maybe I'm getting old and losing my eyesight, but it looks OK to me. Little too tall sure but honestly I can't see an issue with it a foot in front of my face. I can barely even SEE it a foot in front of my face, lol. Top pic is gen.

VZp90o.jpg

BP
VZpsjI.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
JF rehaut, engraving is too high on the rehaut and not aligned. There's so much deviation among models and factories, that's why I don't sweat the rehaut.

VZzHcb.jpg

Biertje

Horology Curious
8/2/19
About the rehaut: When I look closely the spacing between the letters is inconsistent at some places ( L E in ROLEX) but... I'm also a lurker on rolexforums and a Dutch forum. Even gens seem to have misaligned rehaut sometimes. You guys know better how it should be, I don't have enough experience. The explorer I saw in an AD window had perfects sels, but on youtube for example I see quite a lot of variation in finishing. Makes me wonder what you pay for gen wise. Maybe rolex is producing less steel, increasing quality and becoming more luxurious and limited edition over the whole product line -> increase quality difference with reps and protect the brand. Just my 2 cents.

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
JF rehaut, engraving is too high on the rehaut and not aligned. There's so much deviation among models and factories, that's why I don't sweat the rehaut.

VZzHcb.jpg

You can not get a sample of a website as a sample of the first or the first batch of the batch or a prototype.

All my JF explorers were perfect with perfect compared to genuine one.

JF explorer was almost identical compared to genuine in my hands, so do not tell me what do u think about this website beacuse i know what i say. Reahut of ARF en it's as well, but it's totally (and intentionally) crocked during production process. I had immediately pointed out with the Angus prototype that this thing was totally wrong.

"Decentered reahut" it's one thing, engraved crocked during production Words will be a crocked engraved of "rolex rolex" words.

BP's reahut sucks, it's never changed from the version they did in 2013.

It's the ugliest reahut of all rolex explorer I reps

Tete

4/11/16
I do not know what is more quality BP vs ARF 214270. I am sure the ARF quality is better but, the only Rep in the shape of the almost right case is BP. BP is not perfect and bad Rehaut but it is like GEN 80%. You can tell that ARF rep is on his wrist.
My opinion: if you want quality ARF
If you want to GEN Like before BP just

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You can not get a sample of a website as a sample of the first or the first batch of the batch or a prototype.

All my JF explorers were perfect with perfect compared to genuine one.

JF explorer was almost identical compared to genuine in my hands, so do not tell me what do u think about this website beacuse i know what i say. Reahut of ARF en it's as well, but it's totally (and intentionally) crocked during production process. I had immediately pointed out with the Angus prototype that this thing was totally wrong.

"Decentered reahut" it's one thing, engraved crocked during production Words will be a crocked engraved of "rolex rolex" words.

BP's reahut sucks, it's never changed from the version they did in 2013.

It's the ugliest reahut of all rolex explorer I reps

We all have our flaws that we can't tolerate bro. JF rehaut is "closer" to gen, sure but I would not call it perfect. Here's a pic of an actual watch currently for sale (not from a website). As i indicated before, the engraving is too high on the rehaut compared to gen and the alignment is off. If the dial were rotated clockwise to center it, the enrgravings at 10 and 15 minutes become further misaligned, so that wouldn't help. It also looks thin to me, not as deep as gen. Which you prefer is totally subjective.

VZ2nzG.jpg

I can't see my own super big BP rehaut a foot away. I can see the number 3 flaw on the JF from arms length or on someone else's watch a meter away from me. I never miss it in any pics on the forum however distant and blurry they are. That to me is reason enough to pick the BP, but the fact that the BP is less expensive and has the ever faithful ETA movement is icing on the cake. I don't do superclones (except Sa4130) because I service my own and parts for superclones are hard to find and expensive. Plus the failure rate and likelihood of issues is much greater.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...0335-jf-explorer-sa-3132-movement-rotor-issue

Compare-EXP-039-s-2-Large.jpg

JF rehaut is "closer" to gen, you are right. If that's your dealbreaker feature then you made the best choice for yourself. I did the same for myself by buying the BP so we both win, and we've helped others come to their own conclusions. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16
We all have our flaws that we can't tolerate bro. JF rehaut is "closer" to gen, sure but I would not call it perfect. Here's a pic of an actual watch currently for sale (not from a website). As i indicated before, the engraving is too high on the rehaut compared to gen and the alignment is off. If the dial were rotated clockwise to center it, the enrgravings at 10 and 15 minutes become further misaligned, so that wouldn't help. It also looks thin to me, not as deep as gen. Which you prefer is totally subjective.

VZ2nzG.jpg

I can't see my own super big BP rehaut a foot away. I can see the number 3 flaw on the JF from arms length or on someone else's watch a meter away from me. I never miss it in any pics on the forum however distant and blurry they are. That to me is reason enough to pick the BP, but the fact that the BP is less expensive and has the ever faithful ETA movement is icing on the cake. I don't do superclones (except Sa4130) because I service my own and parts for superclones are hard to find and expensive. Plus the failure rate and likelihood of issues is much greater.

Compare-EXP-039-s-2-Large.jpg

JF rehaut is "closer" to gen, you are right. If that's your dealbreaker feature then you made the best choice for yourself. I did the same for myself by buying the BP so we both win, and we've helped others come to their own conclusions. Thanks!

Agree with you.

* I could not go with ARF because the case is far from GEN.

* ARF 214270 are the narrower driving with a curve very different from GEN.

* BP and ARF bad rehaut.

Reactions: vcappp

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Both arf and bp are excellent reps, I'm looking forward to having the bp one in my hands and see which could be the winner, if there will be a winner.
Yes, KJ2020 I agree with you, if someone is able to find the 316 instead of the 904, saving money, he'll make the better choice because, as already said, I cannot see any difference between the two materials (if there really is a difference…).
Tete I've already spoken with you in the past and I now (finally!) agree: there are some issues in the case shape, although just a very carefull eye (as yours is!) can spot them!
I'm so sure ARF bracelet and clasp cannot be beaten, they are so damn perfect and gen like!

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Agree with you.

* I could not go with ARF because the case is far from GEN.

* ARF 214270 are the narrower driving with a curve very different from GEN.

* BP and ARF bad rehaut.

U can't take a bad sample as all JF explorer Wtaches. IMHO however just the angle picture of 10/15 minutes index about your think on turning the dial clockwise, if you turn the dial it will be perfectly centered as all others JF. And again, facts no just red circled picture. I've own 12 JF explorer in the past and all except one have the reahut perfectly centered. The fault one just need to turn the dial/movement a bit.

This for example was one of mine. Perfect characters, not too high as you said but perfectly in the middle.

VuSkz3.jpg

Reactions: Nivka and vcappp

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
But i'm agree with you about that the BP actually it's the best compromise for movement stable, material, price , and quality.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
But i'm agree with you about that the BP actually it's the best compromise for movement stable, material, price , and quality.

And the numeral 3! ;)

12 of them!? OMG, did you keep breaking them? Haha, j/k. The man knows his JFs! :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: vcappp

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
So I must have been asleep when I approved QC for this Explorer. Trying to work it out with the TD. In the mean time, can anyone help identify wtf I received? I was supposed to have ordered the new 904 BP but thats clearly not what I received... Or maybe short minute hands are a new version?

IMG_4821_zpsd0qx5qpx.jpeg

IMG_4542_zpssn5yzyfl.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I must have been asleep when I approved QC for this Explorer. Trying to work it out with the TD. In the mean time, can anyone help identify wtf I received? I was supposed to have ordered the new 904 BP but thats clearly not what I received... Or maybe short minute hands are a new version?

IMG_4821_zpsd0qx5qpx.jpeg

IMG_4542_zpssn5yzyfl.jpg

You got a "combination model". When the Exp I first increased to 39mm it had short hands. But it also had solid (non-lumed) 3-6-9 numerals. In Basel 2016, the current model was introduced with the two significant changes being longer hands and lumed numerals. At the very least the TD should owe you a set of hands, though you did OK the QC so all you can do is ask.

https://monochrome-watches.com/role...s-new-indexes-2016-edition-live-photos-price/