• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
looks great as well for me .. we look forward to the judgment of the experts ..

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
I have the 316 version. Don't think it will be worth it to buy the 904 version. Not much difference on the wrist.
a427178c7292297dd9dcad892737163c.jpg
b32cf9cf7f9ab49f696ce3e5a58659b8.jpg

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
The dial is great. A vast improvement to JF's / ARF's / Noob's attempt. The indices are near perfection. The print is very good.
The rehaut, clasp engravings and sel finish suck dead bunnies though.
Lug shape is slightly different compared to JF / ARF, but just as incorrect, if not worse. No factory has managed to replicate a good oyster case yet.
I will buy a BP dial after cny and put it in my JF 3132. Lume seems much better than the other dials as well.

The watch is not worth it, except for the dial in my opinion.

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
The dial is great. A vast improvement to JF's / ARF's / Noob's attempt. The indices are near perfection. The print is very good.
Lug shape is slightly different compared to JF / ARF, but just as incorrect, if not worse. No factory has managed to replicate a good oyster case yet.
I will buy a BP dial after cny and put it in my JF 3132. Lume seems much better than the other dials as well.

I confirm with everything you wrote .. the dial compared to others is the best .. to make a great 99% indentric explorer tip case and bracelet arf dial bp crown of cute gen confirm with my idea?

Reactions: DT007

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
Is there a way we can buy that BP dial on its own rather than buying the entire watch just to harvest the dial?

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I confirm with everything you wrote .. the dial compared to others is the best .. to make a great 99% indentric explorer tip case and bracelet arf dial bp crown of cute gen confirm with my idea?

The JF crown is good enough to me. It‘s also very smooth once I cleaned the threads. You can‘t go wrong with gen parts though, of course.

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville

would the dial fit the 3132 movement since it is made for 2824?

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
Does the 904 steel version offer any improvements over the previous 316 steel version? (Besides the steel)

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
Actually, BP's lume is not all that great. After going through a few factories, I tend to stand in the argument that ARF/Noob have the best lumes around. Even my JF Kermit's lume is just acceptable at best.

Reactions: lambo79

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
the dial as it is compared to the gen?
From wrist, the dial looks spot on.
If we are gonna be worried about how the dial looks from a microscopic level, I think we better not buy any reps. Either that, or get new friends who don't scrutinize every aspect of your life. :)

Reactions: Thrasher

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP is a great watch as is, if you just want something OOTB with an ETA and no modding hassles. Quite happy with mine, SELs have a nice recess. I see absolutely no difference between my 316L model and the new 904L.

3yy2a.jpg

dLItT.jpg

isAvd.jpg

is3Bb.jpg