• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

mowe83

Horology Curious
8/6/16
I want this watch so much. but if you read through this thread, you have the feeling that you buy shit. no matter how you decide. It’s so hard. ????

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
2f171293054563ec3a44b70066a2b79f.jpg

Can someone build this and sell it to me please?!

Reactions: Tete

watchdogg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/10
United States
Have read a lot about the 214270. The ARF has the better bracelet, but clone 3132. Most on here say avoid because parts may be an issue in the future. It also costs over 50% more than the BP. Both seem to have about the same dial, if in fact they are sourced at the same place?

I have watched a number of vids with clone 3135 movements compared to GEN. It is unclear, which version the 3135 version clone is being reviewed. They just say 3135 clone. I have read the SH 3135 are not so great...assume these are early versions. I have read the VR or VS are better. Are these what are now coming in watches?

I assume most of the parts that make up the 3132 are the same as the 3135, so I would like an honest review or feedback of the last version from someone in the know.

For those who settled on the ARF, do you regret it all due to the movement, any issues? I was wondering just how good or bad the clone 3132. Do you know which model clone comes in the ARF?

Lastly for those with the 3132, if you have had it properly cleaned and serviced, can you provide feedback. These things can come very dirty from the factory, but after cleaning seem pretty good??

CK_223

Horology Curious
6/11/19
I have the ARF Milgauss which has the SH3131 movement which is (as far as I know) the same as the SH3132 just with a different engraving. The movement in my Milgauss died within the first month. A second ARF Milgauss of a friend of mine was kind of DOA. In both cases the movement was running fine when placed on the table but was not running or loosing several minutes in one hour when on the wrist. Both of us had to replace the movement with an VR movement.
On the other side - I have a 116710 with the SH3186 movement which runs totally fine since 2.5 years . So in the end if you like the ARF Exp1 go for it - but be prepared that the movement is likely to fail and will need replacement. If you want a safe bet I would recommend to go with an ETA clone (as I did for the BP Exp1).

Last edited:
Reactions: watchdogg

Evox

4/8/22
I want an Explorer I. I naively thought the simplicity of the watch would make it a great rep. Apparently, I'm wrong. Now I don't know what to do. It appears the BP is the preferred dial, but the ARF is the preferred bracelet. My plan was to get an Explorer I rep and then buy this watchband https://www.everestbands.com/produc...e-for-rolex-explorer-i?variant=32459628740670

It has a curved leather end that fits snugly to the case like some rubber straps do. Now I'm concerned that it won't fit. Have the manufacturers made any improvements on this model? How far off from the gen is it?

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
the 2846 movement that is cheaper case doesnt take the VR3130/5 movement replacement fyi. doesnt fit. it will though take a eta movement. just something to consider.

funkeymonkey

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Austria
Currently I am looking after an Explorer myself and I was wondering how the "Baselworld" compares to the BP.
It also has the 2824 movement, but 316 steel instead of 904L.
Do you guys know how the Baselworld scores next to the BP?
Or is the BP still the best Explorer rep we can find these days?

ohmy

AAAAA+++++
Certified
23/1/19
Germany
Hi,
which VR do you guys use in the Mailgauss. I will franken a milgauss and I think the VR3130 will fit in the ARF Milgauss, right?!

Thanks

ohmy

AAAAA+++++
Certified
23/1/19
Germany
I have the ARF Milgauss which has the SH3131 movement which is (as far as I know) the same as the SH3132 just with a different engraving. The movement in my Milgauss died within the first month. A second ARF Milgauss of a friend of mine was kind of DOA. In both cases the movement was running fine when placed on the table but was not running or loosing several minutes in one hour when on the wrist. Both of us had to replace the movement with an VR movement.
On the other side - I have a 116710 with the SH3186 movement which runs totally fine since 2.5 years . So in the end if you like the ARF Exp1 go for it - but be prepared that the movement is likely to fail and will need replacement. If you want a safe bet I would recommend to go with an ETA clone (as I did for the BP Exp1).
Hi,
which VR do you guys use in the Mailgauss. I will franken a milgauss and I think the VR3130 will fit in the ARF Milgauss, right?!

Thanks

Evox

4/8/22
Hi,

Thanks

I have a cloned 28xx in my BP Explorer I, and it keeps almost perfect time (0-6seconds per day). No one who opens a watch up will be fooled by one of the cloned Rolex movements, so why do it?

Personally, I really like the look of my Explorer, I'm not really trying to fake anyone out, I just wanted the look without spending the money. It doesn't impress anyone. No one notices or comments on my watch. Even when I wear a very expensive one. Hell, my wife didn't even my BP Rolex Explorer for months. I had to take it off and leave it on the kitchen counter.

All she said was, "you left one of your watches on the counter." LOL

I like the fact that no one notices it. I bought it for me.

ohmy

AAAAA+++++
Certified
23/1/19
Germany
I have a cloned 28xx in my BP Explorer I, and it keeps almost perfect time (0-6seconds per day). No one who opens a watch up will be fooled by one of the cloned Rolex movements, so why do it?

Personally, I really like the look of my Explorer, I'm not really trying to fake anyone out, I just wanted the look without spending the money. It doesn't impress anyone. No one notices or comments on my watch. Even when I wear a very expensive one. Hell, my wife didn't even my BP Rolex Explorer for months. I had to take it off and leave it on the kitchen counter.

All she said was, "you left one of your watches on the counter." LOL

I like the fact that no one notices it. I bought it for me.
But your 28xx does not take gen parts, if I am not wrong...
I give a shit what it is written on the movement.
I would like to install a gen crystal, gen dail and gen hands FOR ME. Take a look at the z-blue from arf and the z-blue from rolex. The difference is like night and day. The Gen z-blue is amazing.