• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
BP dial’s the marker 3 shape is more correct than ARF
but the direction of the crown is opposite (bp=counter clockwise , gen = clock-wise , arf clone = clockwise) isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's correct. The direction of the crown is dependent on the movement used. Since BP doesn't use the Rollie clone, it doesn't wind the same direction.

Personally, I feel if someone is gonna unscrew my crown and start turning it, I would be very comfortable with sharing with that person, my hobby in reps :)

Reactions: vcappp

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Totally agree with you mate can't go wrong with exp. 1 esp. the 39mm. Which is also my sweet spot. Also, can i ask where you get ur Gen ETA I'm thinking of putting one on mine as well :) tnx
​​​​​​

Just search ebay for "swiss eta 2824-2 movement", plenty available. You have to decide how much you want to spend. You can get a good one for under $200, I don't believe in sacrificing quality to get a rock bottom price. These movements will come clean and properly serviced and should last many years.

Reactions: daidai95 and vcappp

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You can see not all gen Rolex movements wind clockwise to advance the hands forward.

azM90.jpg

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Cant decide between this one an the DJ41 from ARF...

Explorer looks awesome out the box but doesnt have a date, DJ41 in blue just looks stunning :)

Maru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
BP vs JF v2

It would be interesting to see who reigns supreme.

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
BP vs JF v2

It would be interesting to see who reigns supreme.

I think this BP is wonderful .. I look forward to some photos or review .. but to see it like that is very well done! aesthetically excellent ..

Kup55

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
Yeah, everything I've read about the bp are possitive except for the crown turn which is anti clockwise oppose to the Gen. But that doesn't bother me cos imo reps are all about the looks, the aesthetics. Only i alone can adjust my watch esp. rep once I get my Qc I'll post it here

Reactions: Pilecki and vcappp

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
Cant decide between this one an the DJ41 from ARF...

Explorer looks awesome out the box but doesnt have a date, DJ41 in blue just looks stunning :)

forget the date :p & you might also consider the arf oyster perpetual with black dial - very close or maybe already a superrep

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
Yeah, everything I've read about the bp are possitive except for the crown turn which is anti clockwise oppose to the Gen. But that doesn't bother me cos imo reps are all about the looks, the aesthetics. Only i alone can adjust my watch esp. rep once I get my Qc I'll post it here

exact only for the lap of the crown .. nothing that .. I do not see a problem .. let me know that I am very curious .. as soon as you have the photos of the qc

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
It looks good mate.im not an explorer fan but it's not too bad

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Good news the BP dial.
I have the JF in 316L and to me is the most gen-looking one. Perfect SELs and case.
Only thing it needs is a better Dial and maybe an updated clasp with a more correct crown.
This BP looks great OOTB !

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Reactions: phdsjain

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
Good news the BP dial.
I have the JF in 316L and to me is the most gen-looking one. Perfect SELs and case.
Only thing it needs is a better Dial and maybe an updated clasp with a more correct crown.
This BP looks great OOTB !

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

wait for some more photos but this BP looks great .. perfect as it is already '..