• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
BP is a great watch as is, if you just want something OOTB with an ETA and no modding hassles. Quite happy with mine, SELs have a nice recess. I see absolutely no difference between my 316L model and the new 904L.

3yy2a.jpg

dLItT.jpg

isAvd.jpg

is3Bb.jpg

with respect to the gen what are the main differences?

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Actually, BP's lume is not all that great. After going through a few factories, I tend to stand in the argument that ARF/Noob have the best lumes around. Even my JF Kermit's lume is just acceptable at best.

Are you talking in general about the factories or specifically about this watch?
I can tell you from first hand experience, that JF's 214270 dial lume sucks bad. The hands are ok though.

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
Are you talking in general about the factories or specifically about this watch?
I can tell you from first hand experience, that JF's 214270 dial lume sucks bad. The hands are ok though.
In general. Yeah, JF's a mixed bag I guess. Another issue I have with BP are the bracelet screws. I had to be very careful with my BP DJ41 bracelet screws as they were very soft - prone to chewed up screw heads.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
  • lume from the 316 BP is pretty much the same as the ARF 214270 - i checked the color and how long both last..same.
  • on normal use, the BP Dial is better than the ARF, because its more genlike. on the "microscopic level" the ARF Dial is higher quality, but most ppl like myself prefer "genlike", so...
  • the 316 BP steel already looks very bright, very 904L like
  • improvements of the 904L besides the steel are a better crown (at least to the BP 214720 i have) / movement is now 2824, the 316 i have have has a 2836 (datewheel under the dial)

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
  • lume from the 316 BP is pretty much the same as the ARF 214270 - i checked the color and how long both last..same.
  • on normal use, the BP Dial is better than the ARF, because its more genlike. on the "microscopic level" the ARF Dial is higher quality, but most ppl like myself prefer "genlike", so...
  • the 316 BP steel already looks very bright, very 904L like
  • improvements of the 904L besides the steel are a better crown (at least to the BP 214720 i have) / movement is now 2824, the 316 i have have has a 2836 (datewheel under the dial)

so the bp is better than arf?

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
but the new bp is 2824 or 3824 ? in the title of the link i read 3824, in the description instead 2824... it's an error ?

Sent from the RWI App

Kup55

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
Just emailed Ryan to order one, they can't process anything cos of Chinese New year. Look like I'll have to wait a bit longer fo my first purchase ..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just emailed Ryan to order one, they can't process anything cos of Chinese New year. Look like I'll have to wait a bit longer fo my first purchase ..

I don't think you'll be disappointed, this is a great rep and a perfect choice for your first purchase. The ETA makes it a smart decision. I like mine so much I recently installed a gen Swiss ETA movement. It's a watch that will likely never leave my collection.

Reactions: lambo79

phanjen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/11/14
i am also interested in the explorer is the bp to time the best choice?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Reactions: alane44

Kup55

4/2/19
I don't think you'll be disappointed, this is a great rep and a perfect choice for your first purchase. The ETA makes it a smart decision. I like mine so much I recently installed a gen Swiss ETA movement. It's a watch that will likely never leave my collection.

You actually convinced me to pull the trigger mate with all those gorgeous pics and plus feedback :), can't wait to get my hands on these..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You actually convinced me to pull the trigger mate with all those gorgeous pics and plus feedback :), can't wait to get my hands on these..

It's really a no-brainer. Gorgeous classic watch in an updated 39mm size. Simple, no bezel to paint, no date or cyclops to worry about alignment, crystal is fine, SELs are good and best of all an ETA movement. What's not to love?

dLC2A.jpg

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It's really a no-brainer. Gorgeous classic watch in an updated 39mm size. Simple, no bezel to paint, no date or cyclops to worry about alignment, crystal is fine, SELs are good and best of all an ETA movement. What's not to love?

dLC2A.jpg

BP dial’s the marker 3 shape is more correct than ARF
but the direction of the crown is opposite (bp=counter clockwise , gen = clock-wise , arf clone = clockwise) isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP dial’s the marker 3 shape is more correct than ARF
but the direction of the crown is opposite (bp=counter clockwise , gen = clock-wise , arf clone = clockwise) isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have to check the Rolex movement charts to be sure there are a number of Rolex genuine movements that rotate counter-clockwise to advance the hands. That aside an ETA movement is far more reliable cheaper and easier to source parts for than an Asian super clone. I don't care about that anyway. I keep all my reps on winders and rarely use the stem at home and would never use it in public so it's a non-issue.

Reactions: vcappp

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
I'd have to check the Rolex movement charts to be sure there are a number of Rolex genuine movements that rotate counter-clockwise to advance the hands. That aside an ETA movement is far more reliable cheaper and easier to source parts for than an Asian super clone. I don't care about that anyway. I keep all my reps on winders and rarely use the stem at home and would never use it in public so it's a non-issue.

in your opinion what are the most obvious defects? so the BP version is aesthetically the best that exists? thank you

Kup55

4/2/19

dLC2A.jpg
Totally agree with you mate can't go wrong with exp. 1 esp. the 39mm. Which is also my sweet spot. Also, can i ask where you get ur Gen ETA I'm thinking of putting one on mine as well :) tnx
​​​​​​