• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

Tokei_R

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/2/19
nojoeing Just received my 2nd QC, the “6” is crooked by abit, others seems fine to my eyes.

Want to know opinions from other members, is this acceptable?

Is it possible to straighten it myself? I have skills in opening and modifying small stuffs, thank you.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QboH2sP

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
At least it’s the advertised model this time. The crooked 6 would bother me. But if you know how to fix it it’s not a big deal I guess. Great watch btw.

Reactions: Tokei_R

Colin90

24/3/18
Just received my QC images. What's up with the crooked numerals? The "3" is slightly crooked imo. What do you think? Rayhwx imho your piece is not acceptable

I can confirm the back has a genlike brushed finish.

Tokei_R

25/2/19
At least it’s the advertised model this time. The crooked 6 would bother me. But if you know how to fix it it’s not a big deal I guess. Great watch btw.

I have searched that it’s possible by removing the stem of the indices, however the risk is by soldering the stem away, it may destroy the dial...

I am not sure will the crooked “6” be obvious on wrist, seems like a few millimeters off only. On QC definitely is unacceptable.

Tokei_R

25/2/19
Just received my QC images. What's up with the crooked numerals? The "3" is slightly crooked imo. What do you think? Rayhwx imho your piece is not acceptable

I can confirm the back has a genlike brushed finish.

Looks good for my eyes, definitely better than mine. I am not sure should I accept it or wait for a few more days again for another watch...

Colin90

24/3/18
Looks good for my eyes, definitely better than mine. I am not sure should I accept it or wait for a few more days again for another watch...

I have asked for more detailed pictures. As previously stated, BP does have some quality issues compared to ARF. But in general BP is more genlike.

Reactions: Tokei_R

rtputter

6/3/19
I wonder how it compares to ARF purely in terms of finish and appearance. Can't find any good videos on this watch.

Last edited:

Kup55

4/2/19
Finally got mine from hont last week and Been testing it for a while now, movement is not bad at +/-5
Overall I'm happy with the watch except for the clasp that it's tight so I sand paper it and it's good now so I'm very happy
d4fb4a7e988e40338a66b6b411ca2583.jpg

OrangeLoops

Looking Around
18/4/19
I know that the ARF is more 1:1, but is the movement in the BP more reliable? I’m not sure which one is better when you consider reliability + closeness to gen.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Kup55

4/2/19
Bp dial for me is almost perfect can't tell the difference between Gen. Movement is ETA base so it's easy to maintain or replace with Gen this is my plan next, only problem I had is the clasp but after sanding it's almost feels like Gen now with that soft close click. My watch is not 904l btw.

Tokei_R

25/2/19
Finally a nice one on the 3rd try, QC approved. However there’s no 904L on the stickers, makes me wonder is it the correct version. Caseback is brushed, which should be the 904L version.

https://imgur.com/gallery/iOyc91w

Bossmaster1337

16/8/17
i am trying to bet the BP head with the ARF bracelet but my TD is laying low with all the raids

Nick8k

10/3/19
The 6 markers looks indeed a bit too close to the minute markers. The difference is very difficult to tell since I can't judge the pictures clearly, they are too small.

Did anyone buy a 214270 from BP lately? What is your feedback?

Does anyone know it's possible to buy a 214270 BP with an ARF bracelet on it, from a TD?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
sure, but you have to buy the bp and the arf bracelet (~ 170 USD)

my bp is still dmuit for a new movement