• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is ARF daytona bracelet a lot better and more genlike than the Noob Bracelet?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I am considering to get an ARF bracelet to install on my modded Noob daytona as I have found that the Noob daytona bracelet is not as good.
I have a Noob 116520 white dial with ARF dial installed. The watch head looks gorgeous, but the bracelet is just bad.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
inho arf bracelet is a tiny little bit better, but not "a lot" .

i doubt that you can feel a difference wearing it, at least i cant feel a difference.

Reactions: vcappp

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
No noticeable difference for me between the two, noob 904 is good and arf sel doesn’t fit my noob well at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
I had the same feelings as the OP. So I've changed my noob daytona bracelet for an ARF one and I can feel a real improvement (I did it of course as I had the opportunity to try both). It's not of course a huge difference, but the feeling is now exactly the same as my gens. The arf bracelet has been improved more after it has been brushed by someone who knows how to do it ( Harleysta91 made the job for me ), it is now like velvet on my wrist.

Reactions: vcappp

yosimiz

Known Member
11/8/12
Noob bracelet are becoming shitty. There is nothing to compare finish quality between arf and noob.
Take your finger and move it between noob link connections and you will see that it's not smooth.
Probably noob started to rush through the finishing process to increase production.
ARF feels smooth and edges are deburred even in the inside parts where you can not feel it. These small details put together what makes the bracelet closer to gen.

This being said, the match between the sels is a hit and miss. I have arf bracelet on my noob case, but i have switched the the SELs and put the noob sel on arf..

And of course the clasp. Arf is much better.. I spend 1/3 of the time to genify the ARF than noob.
Much solid and less machining marks to remove

Edit:
Regarding the gen like feeling. Its almost impossible to achieve that without removing and taking apart the single links to its bare elements, cleaning and lubricating connecting pins and replacing the inner link tubes to a tiny bit larger tubes.
Gen uses almost friction fit tube/link combo. That's why when you move the gen links and play with it you feel super solid connection between links, there is absolutely no play between gen tube/link connections.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and Seefeld

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Very True. I can feel that there is some kind of play between the links. When I move my finger on the links I can definitely feel the play. (On my Noob Daytona) Is it the same for ARF bracelet?

yosimiz

Known Member
11/8/12
all bracelets have some play in very different points. Gen does that also but they develop that after extensive wear and especially if you wear the bracelet loose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seefeld

nightowl77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/22
Asia
Hi, I hope this thread is still alive. Does anyone know where I can get an ARF bracelet for noob daytona? Is there a specific model number or anything? Thanks alot appreciate it