• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Total Noob, Yes I have read the FAQs. Rolex SUBMARINER Noob/arf/help!

chigganv

30/1/19
Hello,

I'm about to buy my first replica watch. At least so I believe. It seems the "intime" has chinese vacation at the moment so I will have to wait a bit.
I'm looking at 2 different "classes" in terms of money. Rolex Submariner (blue/gold/silver). But i'm totally lost. And Yes I have read the FAQS and alot of posts, but I'm still lost. There for I'm asking you guys.

500-600$ range
1. https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5726...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135v2.html
2. https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4459...vrf-max-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-a2836.html
3. https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5279...zel-blue-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-a2836-v8.html

Can someone please tell me the difference between these models? In terms of how "good" the watch is or similar to a real one.
If i read only the INFO TEXT it almost seems like the arf for 498 is better than the noob on 638, but I dont believe this to be true?

150-250$ range
1. https://www.intime03.co/submariner/2092-submariner-116613-ln-blue-ceramic-on-a2813.html
2. https://www.intime03.co/rollie/1098-submariner-16613ln-two-tone-blue-dial-on-bracelet-a2836.html
Are those shit or worth buying at all? As a first watch

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Quick n Dirty:

SH3135 is a rolex clone movement (looks more gen-like and crown turns clockwise to move hands forward)
Pro: more gen-like, and is ready to accept gen parts without significant modification
Con: Arguably less reliable out-of-the-box than an ETA clone (see below), likely may need servicing sooner than ETA clone. Replacement parts are hard to find.

A2836 is a swiss ETA clone (more of a workhorse...doesnt look or operate like gen)
Pro: very reliable, low-maintenance movement. Easy to source parts if needed. Good for folks new to the rep world that just want a reliable watch without risk of needing servicing more often
Con: doesnt look like a genuine rolex movement and wont accept gen parts without significant modification, and crown turns counter-clockwise (instant tell if you, say, give your watch to a rolex-buff and ask them to wind it up for you)

Can't opine on the lower costs watches...theres a price point for everyone.

TL;DR SH3135 = Diva, but worth the show if you can afford her. A2836 = Cheap, hoochie mama but you can count on her

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
This is a good review for those new to Rolex - where does the A2824 rank in this hierarchy?

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
First ... Forget about those $150-$250 rep ... One has a cheapie 2813 21J movement, one is a 5-digit non-ceramic model.

Out of the three, personally my first choice is the VRF 116613LB Gold Wrapped. The gold looks good. The gold wrapped will last longer than the regular platting. The A2836 movement is very reliable, especially for someone first rep. The price is very reasonable for a gold wrapped rep.

Second choice would be the ARF 116613LB 904L SH3135. I own gen Rolex for decades so I have a soft spot for the 3135 clone. The SA3135 is trash, but the SH3135 is pretty stable. The gold plate on the ARF is not as thick as VRF gold wrapped. Even though you can't not tell the differences with 316L steel but 904L is a plus. ARF quality and finishing are a tick better than other factory. For the price you can not go wrong picking it.

Last would be the Noob A2836 Gold Wrapped. I think the gold color is off, the bezel insert gold is too light. It is over-priced as the most expensive out of those three.

My 2 cents

Reactions: stufuse and PigIron

chigganv

30/1/19
Hello Preppyr6 and Luxuracer, thanks alot for your input!

Just to make sure I understood everything right:
So basically the ARF with SH3135 is a better "copy" of a real rolex - but a worse watch. It's not as reliable as the others.
If it breaks, im fucked? How do I replace it? My local watch traders do NOT accept fake watches for service!

The VRF/NOOB is basically the same, but some differences with the "looks"?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Go for VRF. Lot of value for the money. Avoid Rolex clone movements and go for asian eta. The only visible difference from the outside is the lower sitting crown. 0,4mm. Decide yourself if you‘ll notice this.
If you are not able to service or repair watches by yourself or if you don‘t know a rep friendly watchmaker forget about SA or SH3135!

Asian eta movement works really reliable, precise and is long lasting. Servicing is possible. Direct swap with a genuine swiss eta movement is only a simple drop in.

ARF is good, too. But be aware of bad centered bezel engravings especially the 50. And the lugs a very boxy and fat. In this aspect VRF is much more gen like. ARF‘s date font is not really pretty. VRF‘s is spot on.

VRF watch can easily be improved with a simple mod: Install a gen crystal ar a prof crystal and you‘re done. It will serve you for long time without any trouble. And who gives his watch in other hands for a check of correct winding direction??? For me this is nonsense. And nobody really can see the movement because of steel caseback.

Greets Andi

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Luxuracer Smpfan So you two would opt for this VRF in the same way? Is the huge price difference only because of the gold? Thanks a lot!
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/4378...-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html

Yes ... !

The main price difference between the VRF Max 116613LB and the VRF Max 116610LN is the 'gold' wrapped (even though there might be zero real gold in them). The VRF 'gold' wrapped is among the best.

submariner-116613lb-wrapped-ss-yg-vrf-max-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-a2836.jpg

Reactions: TESLA760

Mo1pheu5

Horology Curious
19/2/19
Yes ... !

The main price difference between the VRF Max 116613LB and the VRF Max 116610LN is the 'gold' wrapped (even though there might be zero real gold in them). The VRF 'gold' wrapped is among the best.

submariner-116613lb-wrapped-ss-yg-vrf-max-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-a2836.jpg

Thank you for your fast and detailed answer! omg, the pic shows insane precision work.

So why should anyone spend about 500€ for a Noob V9 A2836?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Because IMOP the gold plating is visually better at Noob‘s Sub. Some people tell the gold color of VRF is way off compared to gen. I don’t see this but I think you would tell the difference next to gen.

Greets Andi

Lumio

Horology Curious
13/1/19
United Kingdom
Is the new SH3135 V2 movement worth it at all? I am also currently looking for a two tone and have heard everywhere that ARF is the better ootb and appealing for people not looking to mod.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Is the new SH3135 V2 movement worth it at all? I am also currently looking for a two tone and have heard everywhere that ARF is the better ootb and appealing for people not looking to mod.

Don't bother with the ARF. Sides of the SEL are not plated.
I have a VRF Max wrapped (ln) and it is really good - however i must say, i would go for the Noob wrapped, because of better gold tone ootb. Vrf is a bit hit and miss, depending on the batch.

Reactions: Lumio

Lumio

Horology Curious
13/1/19
United Kingdom
Are you talking about the V8 316L with the a2836?
Does this movement last a long time and the best for non modders?

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
I have the VRF and it is really good. Only thing i would swap is the xtal.

tamango

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/09
I would personally stay away from gold wrapped/plated versions, if it fades you wont be using a perfectly working watch, too risky for me

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
I have a question, will the VRF3135 movement fit in V9 case? Would the V9 need to be specific in the movement, (a2836 or the sa3135) in order to fit the movement without modification needed?
thanks!