• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE STORY OF MY ROLEX ADDICTION (if you’re interested?) & MY JOURNEY FOR THE GRAIL

NDJ2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/16
Australia
Have you owned or worked on an SH movement before? They are quite good movements actually.

I haven't owned the SH version (only the SA). I'm sure it is a good movement- it is after all a rolex clone. My rep friendly watchmaker has come across them and says that they are not the same as a real 3135 and quality wise there is no comparison. There are numerous threads that say pretty much the same.

I can understand why for franken projects they would have appeal but I use my reps mainly as they come from the factory - so easily repairable and replaceable eta clones are my preference.

Last edited:
Reactions: catana1981

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Loved your story bro, hope you get your grail soon enough! I am lucky with the wife part, she enjoys my stupid addiction and encourages me every time to go for it lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
It's been done - but I don't think you'd risk swimming with a gen movement in a rep case!

as long as you replace the crystal gaskets with swiss quality, grease the gaskets, water pressure it...should be fine. No issues with mine...tested at 5 atm and could probably go deeper if I had wanted to

Reactions: NDJ2