• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Submariner V2 thoughts?

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Looks nice. Hopefully after cny someone will give it s good comparison review ! Still need to add a sub to my collection

ddlox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/3/15
Agreed, looks pretty nice. Looking forward to a detailed comparison between V1 and V2. Just spent a ton of time reviewing the original ARF Sub thread, but am curious to see if there will be any noticeable improvements to the trained eye.

Akonoypi

Known Member
13/12/18
I'm very much interested, too. Being a noob this was my first rep I got from Andrew (TD on the other forum). It has SH3135.
It looks great to me, works fine and I like it a lot. But this Puretime says SH3135V2.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Apart from the better looking sel in puretimes pictures, it is the same watch. The upgrade will be the movement. We need to be patient until after CNY unfortunately to see it.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Chinese New Year - the country shuts down for a few weeks basically. Workers down tools. Nothing goes in our out. Even the twelve year olds in underpants building our watches are given extra gruel and a few weeks off (unpaid). Tis a wonderful time of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlastikMan

Matt1989

20/2/15
In reality most Chinese factories only close for the week. I deal with several different types of factories in China directly. The main issue for supply at this time of year is shipping back logs due to the Chinese NY. Maybe the Chinese underworld gets extra vacation days ????‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Guys there's another thread on this model it's not the watch that is V2, it's only the movement. Look closely at the title on Puretime. So no change otherwise

Reactions: vcappp

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
In reality most Chinese factories only close for the week. I deal with several different types of factories in China directly. The main issue for supply at this time of year is shipping back logs due to the Chinese NY. Maybe the Chinese underworld gets extra vacation days ????*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Biggest issue is space as all carriers, air & sea, are over booked. Yes the official Lunar Holiday is 7 days but in reality it’s more -or longer than that. Pre carriage is also an issue. Email auto reply is already in affect the Asians include everyone but their grandmother on all cases!

reptime101

15/9/18
Guys there's another thread on this model it's not the watch that is V2, it's only the movement. Look closely at the title on Puretime. So no change otherwise

Good catch, what a let down though haha

Reactions: Tobel

ICEMAN-Hoyle

Known Member
1/12/18
Chinese New Year - the country shuts down for a few weeks basically. Workers down tools. Nothing goes in our out. Even the twelve year olds in underpants building our watches are given extra gruel and a few weeks off (unpaid). Tis a wonderful time of the year.

That made me lol in a crowded open plan office! :p