• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob SA4130 - Daytona 116519 - Loud Noises

Bravo75Alpha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/17
Hi there Community,

i just received my brand new Noob 116519 (SA4130)

Its a stunning and breath taking watch...

The Rotor is very loud but i know how to fix it...
The loud movement noises make me wonder ... the watch is ticking quite loud ... I can hear it 15cm away... Is this normal? Does anyone else have this "problem" and maybe know how to fix this?

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Hi there Community,

i just received my brand new Noob 116519 (SA4130)

Its a stunning and breath taking watch...

The Rotor is very loud but i know how to fix it...
The loud movement noises make me wonder ... the watch is ticking quite loud ... I can hear it 15cm away... Is this normal? Does anyone else have this "problem" and maybe know how to fix this?

Well looks like the new batches are extremely loud i guess but don't worry noob daytonas and genuine ones are loud because of the bearings they use. I highly suggest you to take your watch to local rep friendly watchsmith and get it cleaned and oiled well that should fix the movement problems from my own behalf.

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Seems your watch need to be serviced and maybe dry of oil on some movement parts.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Porscheguy21

31/8/18
You should definitely post pictures of your 116519. I would love to see it and I'm sure people reading this thread would love to see it too. As far as ticking loudly and rotor noise, I would service any rep that landed in front of my doorstep to quickly solve any issue. Movement coming from factories are sometimes dirty and may be the root of the problem you're experiencing. Good luck!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Well looks like the new batches are extremely loud i guess but don't worry noob daytonas and genuine ones are loud because of the bearings they use. I highly suggest you to take your watch to local rep friendly watchsmith and get it cleaned and oiled well that should fix the movement problems from my own behalf.

my gen daytona is just as silent as my explorer 2, you cannot hear it at all.
OP should send it for a service because there is something wrong

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
my gen daytona is just as silent as my explorer 2, you cannot hear it at all.
OP should send it for a service because there is something wrong

Well Noob and Gen 4130s use ceramic ball bearings so they are louder then the other rolexes but yeah his watch definitely needs to get cleaned and oiled properly by a watchsmith but as you can see on the forums many people complain about the loudness of the rotor which that made me lead to think new batches are not oiled or serviced well sadly.

Bravo75Alpha

3/7/17
Ok many thanks for your advices--i will service it

Still a very good replica for 700USD

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
gen 4130 is relatively loud too because of the rotor bearing design and it is different to the typically-accustomed 3135 movement (including clones)

Reactions: XLR8R

ArtA380

17/1/17
Europe
Nice. From which TD? I saw one with TrustyTime. I am also looking forward to comments of experts here on the quality of this rep. $ 700 Is not cheap, but than again if with the quality is good....

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Well Noob and Gen 4130s use ceramic ball bearings so they are louder then the other rolexes but yeah his watch definitely needs to get cleaned and oiled properly by a watchsmith but as you can see on the forums many people complain about the loudness of the rotor which that made me lead to think new batches are not oiled or serviced well sadly.

yes, but what i was saying is that my gen is absolutely silent, it's not louder than my explorer, you can't feel anything from it. maybe it's not common for it to be this silent, maybe it's well oiled, idk.
meanwhile the bearings in the noob daytona must be incredibly low quality, since they are so noisy, so it's good to grease them accordingly

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
yes, but what i was saying is that my gen is absolutely silent, it's not louder than my explorer, you can't feel anything from it. maybe it's not common for it to be this silent, maybe it's well oiled, idk.
meanwhile the bearings in the noob daytona must be incredibly low quality, since they are so noisy, so it's good to grease them accordingly

Bro your watch need a good servicing, mine don’t made any noises, same as my gen are, problem is not even the rotor that need to be oiled but the complete auto wind module that have to be, when the movement is well servicing and oiled, it’s working like the gen is in complete silence, make you asked if it’s running.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18

My 316v2 is quiet and as i can read on the forums early 904l batches were perfect too but last 2 to 3 months there is quiet a bit report on rotor loudness because of not getting oiled well or has problem with it out of the box.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Bro your watch need a good servicing, mine don’t made any noises, same as my gen are, problem is not even the rotor that need to be oiled but the complete auto wind module that have to be, when the movement is well servicing and oiled, it’s working like the gen is in complete silence, make you asked if it’s running.

idk why you mentioned me, my noob daytona is perfectly silent now lol mine was a general statement, i already serviced mine

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
idk why you mentioned me, my noob daytona is perfectly silent now lol mine was a general statement, i already serviced mine

Oups sorry, made a mistake on quote

Reactions: mari115

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17
I just bought this watch too, and I noticed that it feels a bit grindy to wind - not as smooth as my 116500 from the first batch

Mattjames84

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/5/19
I'm experiencing this same grindy winding problem. If had it for about 2 weeks, at first it was super smooth.. I think a service would clear it all up

Mattjames84

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/5/19
Can anybody suggest a quality aftermarket dial? Mine really kind of sucks and its bothering me. The watch is definitely worth the money as far as the movement is concerned, noob needs to work on the dial