• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who currently makes the best 6 digit 114060 LN no date sub?

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
Find me a AD that has it in stock and I will.

Its not a difficult watch to get. No date sub comes up once in a while, I have bump into it 3 times in store but didnt take it since reps are so close to gen. High chance you'll able to find it at an airport.

sliterio

Known Member
24/8/16
Define so close. I feel no rep bracelet matches the GEN, maybe the fist moth or so. But after a while it just gets to loose. I have to mod any R rep bracelet to feel comfortable with it. Although ARF is doing a pretty good job, but still not up to par just jet, in MY opinion.

I don't know where you are located, but I live in a small county. Where there are 1-2 years wait list for a no date and 2-3 for a date, I could get lucky I guess. But yeah, time to go abroad I guess, although I would love a date.

But as you are saying, hard to justify spending that kind of money when you can get something that's like 80% for a fraction. Although some of these reps are getting up there, especially if you want to mod or franken.

Here a used no date goes for 1000$ over list.. And lets not even talk about the date.

Cheers!

irwit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/19
Define so close. I feel no rep bracelet matches the GEN, maybe the fist moth or so. But after a while it just gets to loose. I have to mod any R rep bracelet to feel comfortable with it. Although ARF is doing a pretty good job, but still not up to par just jet, in MY opinion.

I don't know where you are located, but I live in a small county. Where there are 1-2 years wait list for a no date and 2-3 for a date, I could get lucky I guess. But yeah, time to go abroad I guess, although I would love a date.

But as you are saying, hard to justify spending that kind of money when you can get something that's like 80% for a fraction. Although some of these reps are getting up there, especially if you want to mod or franken.

Here a used no date goes for 1000$ over list.. And lets not even talk about the date.

Cheers!

80%? Really? I took my rep tudor blackbay into a goldsmiths the other day and the sales guy complimented me on it while I tried on a gen black bay 58. Id say these high end reps are more like 98% really. Depends why you buy them I guess. I love the deisgn and thats why I get them. I dont care if people know they are reps or not. Its like hanging art in my house as far as Im concerned. I know they arent originals but I still like looking at and owning them.

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia

Cheers!

I wore a JF 5 digit LV sub into Rolex, even took it off to try on a day daydate, the manager didn't even said or flag it. So I would say, nobody really knows or could tell. These watches are so well rep and understated that it goes under the radar. They are hard to attain yet common enough, so nobody is interested to look into the details, unlike a limited edition AP or a Richard Mille which will certainly draw attention.

I would say that rep no date sub is very accurate, 98% to say the list from plain sight. Anyone would literally be able to pull it off, unless your daily ride is a LADA.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm planning to order a noob v8 no date 2836 movement and replace the dial with a bp no date dial, arf hands and ARF 904L bracelet to have perfect SEL. Is this possible?

Stock Noob V8. No need to change a thing.

VnBsUh.jpg

hm11esh

4/9/18
Stock Noob V8. No need to change a thing.

VnBsUh.jpg

only let down is the SEL. I have one myself and compared against the gen. cannot tell other than the bezel insert numbers are brighter on the gen

hm11esh

4/9/18
Agreed, it's not terrible but I'll get around to doing a SEL mod eventually.

15348766651262.jpg

15347294290596.jpg

15347293908274.jpg

I never thought of that. I'm not very handy with things like that.

Be interested to know how it turns out and maybe you can do mine for me for some money your way

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
only let down is the SEL. I have one myself and compared against the gen. cannot tell other than the bezel insert numbers are brighter on the gen

And the hour markers and flat hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia

I doubt anyone would be able to call it out. But never the less great effort in making it even better.

hm11esh

4/9/18
I doubt anyone would be able to call it out. But never the less great effort in making it even better.

I'm not really fussed as its a fraction of the gens price. Bound to have some flaws. overall its a brilliant watch and my daily beater

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I went with an ARF 116610ln, swapped to gen 114060 dial, and took the crystal from a leftover V9 noob and removed the cyclops. Heart is 2824. Water pressure tested at 5 atm. This was the best option for me as for budget and time.

Where did you find gen dial bro? I need one

Besurfhi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/19
I went with an ARF 116610ln, swapped to gen 114060 dial, and took the crystal from a leftover V9 noob and removed the cyclops. Heart is 2824. Water pressure tested at 5 atm. This was the best option for me as for budget and time.

How did you remove the cyclops? I’ve done it on a gen with a chisel; but it was seriously tricky.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
KJ2020 had to cut the feet and glue it onto the movement, with my buddies help! Also, sourced the dial on m2m parts and accessories. RG has some time to time again also.

What was your motivation not to use a 3135 ARF ?
The Dial was probably around 700€
Cutting feet makes it seriously worth a lot less.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What was your motivation not to use a 3135 ARF ?
The Dial was probably around 700€
Cutting feet makes it seriously worth a lot less.

ARF doesn't make a no date sub, the dial was used I'm sure it was a lot less. Just using what was already on hand and reliable I reckon.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
How did you remove the cyclops? I’ve done it on a gen with a chisel; but it was seriously tricky.

I literally took a butane lighter (torch for my cigars) and heated it up. Then I just flicked it off with a razorblade. It really did not take much. The crystal is from my noob v9. I kept the ARF stock because it was better than my noob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Besurfhi

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
ARF doesn't make a no date sub, the dial was used I'm sure it was a lot less. Just using what was already on hand and reliable I reckon.

Yes, I already had a gen dial on hand, leftover parts. I originally had ordered the 3135 ARF version thinking it would over take all subs rep models, and then having seen 0ccb2's review of it when it had first arrived, I quickly changed my order to the 2824. With this, I knew I had to cut the feet of my gen dial (but hey it was just sitting around). Cutting the feet does devalue the dial...but I do not intend to ever turn it back to stock as I already have a 116610LN. My biggest motivation was to build the best 114060 rep with the lowest amount of $$ and make it waterproof as I intended on using this watch to go to the beaches! The the biggest flaw, in my eyes, was the ARF dial and it's markers (all rep flaws). This is why the dial was a must for me, that and the date window of course. The hands are already awesome (best), insert is good, SEL's rock, and having this I knew it would only have to do the dial. I did not need to worry about the date wheel (took out the calendar parts with the help of my brother kj2020, lost that notorious U shape micro spring in the meantime), the crystal, and the CG' as I also rock this heavily with Natos and my Oyster band. This is .....one of my favorite pieces to wear daily.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020