• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sub c double line engraved rehaut

nramraj

Horology Curious
6/9/18
I tried searching for info on this but couldn’t...

Anyone know when Rolex stopped doing double line engraved rehaut on the Subc?

Im trying to figure out which period noob is replicating.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I replied to you in the chat, but I'll repeat myself.

Rolex started to single-line engrave the SubC around January last year. They also updated the dial.

Reactions: nramraj

nramraj

Horology Curious
6/9/18
I replied to you in the chat, but I'll repeat myself.

Rolex started to single-line engrave the SubC around January last year. They also updated the dial.

Sorry! Saw a message from someone else telling me to post here. I missed yours.

Had no idea this was so recent from Rolex. Thanks.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Sorry! Saw a message from someone else telling me to post here. I missed yours.

Had no idea this was so recent from Rolex. Thanks.

It is what's called "New Story" for the Rolex Sub. The double-line engraved rehaut and thin font dial is now referred to as "Old Story". The bezel engravings are slightly bolder as well.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=588458

FYI, Noob does small changes within different versions. For instance, they made several batches of V7's that had small changes between each batch. Here is my V7 that has the updated dial, bezel, and rehaut

nramraj

Horology Curious
6/9/18
It is what's called "New Story" for the Rolex Sub. The double-line engraved rehaut and thin font dial is now referred to as "Old Story". The bezel engravings are slightly bolder as well.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=588458

FYI, Noob does small changes within different versions. For instance, they made several batches of V7's that had small changes between each batch. Here is my V7 that has the updated dial, bezel, and rehaut

Thanks. That’s a beaut.

They haven’t updated the No date (114060), right? Still old story.

Also, is that a modded insert?

DirtyArty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/18
My Noob V9 has the old story engraving

8f46ab1cbf8a5813b95e7b12dddc598c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nramraj

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
It is what's called "New Story" for the Rolex Sub. The double-line engraved rehaut and thin font dial is now referred to as "Old Story".

For real ? or did you just make that up ?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

DirtyArty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/18
That’s the Noob V9 with the SA3135. I personally like the new style engraving.

5d52ad5500be524f6bf0d27eb7d7c120.jpg

eb628dd3fdd1cf646a336d7d950c184e.jpg

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
That’s the Noob V9 with the SA3135. I personally like the new style engraving.

5d52ad5500be524f6bf0d27eb7d7c120.jpg

eb628dd3fdd1cf646a336d7d950c184e.jpg

Those pics make that rehaut look woky as hell.
I like the old style engravings better.

stampsatit

15/3/16
It seems ARF 116610 use single line reheat so ARF 116610 is use new story?:) Is ARF correct?
anyone know about this? please

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
AFAIK there is no Noob Sub on the market with single line rehaut engravings. All Noob V9 I‘ve seen until today have got double line engravings. So they are not period correct.
IMOP a Sub with double line engravings should use a dial with spacing between „300“ and „m“ an even „=„. But Noob doesn’t do. Further they should use a sandblasted inner clasp. Or simply change over to single line engravings. Same for VRF.

I‘m not an expert in this but maybe smoke can chime in here for clarification.

Edit: ARF seems to be more period correct.

Greets Andi

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Forget period correct even rolex don't care .anyway noob cases have double lined engraving from the v3 to the v9 before but some v1s had double lined but most were single .all single line rehauts for v4 v2 v1
oh and some v3 came with single line as well as double at the first batch.the double lined gens come with every single dial avalibe apart from the new 2018/19 dial in my guide.

now the gens with single lined rehaut ship with every single dial rolex makes pure random.but most 2018 or 2019 single line gens are coming with that specific dial from the guide long ft with really bold submariner print

now the gen 116610 with g serial or older only have 3 gen dials that they shipped with.2 small ft dials and one long ft dial All in the guide

now the reason I say period correct is bullshit now ,is because rolex don't give a fuck about period correct so we should not be so fussy about it either
let me explain if you have a 2010 sub C with double lined rehaut that had one of the 3 dials I mentioned and you take it to service and rolex really scrutinise the watches under full macro ,if they see any marks or something there not happy with ,they will swap the dial out for the customer and they will replace it with what ever they have alavible in the inventory that would be the 2019 dials that were seeing on nearly all new subs these days.

same goes for the clasp .a gen 116610 that needs a new clasp that is a gen that is older with the deep rehaut engravings would have originally came with the sand blasted inner blades.if you take your sub into rsc they inspect it to see if gen then ask to see the warranty card check it for a few hours,then come back saying they will sell the customer a new clasp.the new clasp will be the polished inner blades not the sand blasted.and they were discontinued years ago

same goes for the xtal and all other parts that rolex slightly change over the years on the sly

also there are a few diffent gen glide lock clasps
one with blades that are the same length as the clasp itself with sand blast this is from 2010 and has a diffent swivel on the glide part the clasp code is 3 didget though usually matching the sel codes first 2 didget but not always ,the sel a is only 2 letters in a strange looking font imo to show the year and date 2010
then you have the next gen glidelock clasp and bracelet from 2011 that has sand blasted inner blades but the blades are longer than the clasp itself and the sel has a 3 didget random serial code and 3 didget on clasp.then last you have the modern glidelock polished inner blades longer than the clasp itself same size as the blades from the 2011 clasps .this new clasp that came out for the sub C in late 2014 is the same as the 2011 clasp in every way other than the polished inner blades. The reason they used polished inner blade is so when the clasp is closed.on the sand blasted clasp over time the black print from the same blast wears into the polished blade and leaves the rolex inprinted on both sides.

and the reason rolex made the blades longer is so you can fit the clasp on bigger wrists easier

lastly there are 3 gen rehaut engravings for the sub C .there's the deep doubled style that is super deep and looks white in all light ,then there is the double outlined that is not super deep but looks black in nearly all lighting.then there is the single outlined style that looks white in most lighting

so there you go period correct rolex is pretty much bullshit .As they don't give a shit neither should we really

I have a gen 116610 that originally had the sand blasted clasp over polished used clasp, now I have a brand spanking new clasp I got from rsc

now would I be happy if rolex changed my dial in my old sub C for a 2019 dial ?yes I would not be too happy tbh but they what they do
but the new clasp makes no difference I love it

This is rolexes take as long as the part is for the corr3ct model that's all that matters to them.also as far as I know the only few people that even k ow about period correct tiny details are me and a few others .even rsc and rolex have no idea.ive even mentioned that a v serial sub C only came with 1 dial they said they have no idea .

so when you see the noob v9 with the double outlined rehaut and the new 2019 dial if it don't bother rolex or the gen population it should be ok for you guys.;)

I got the gmf hulk for a friend and for some reason bp gmf has updated the dial layout for the 2019 layout and the case has the 2010 to 2014 engravings I was going to mention to him to find the old dial layout .But he would not know this anyway.and it's not that important .I wpuld personally get the older dial small ft installed in my own watch just because I find the new 2018/19 dial ugly.

ps sos for the long dam post lol

I should add pics of the 3 clasps bracelets and the 3 rehaut types later when I get home just to show you guys

rolex is so random they are constantly changing parts slightly. Just like car manufacturers pretty weitlrd but that's what they do

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Thought I would come back to this thread and show some pics of the 3 different rehaut engravings styles on a 116610 the 16610 has a few diffent styles aswell anyway let's start with the new rehaut engravings that came in late 2014 early 2015 this is the single lined etched style here is a macro

and here is how this style looks on wrist on not close up as you can see the lettering looks like white print

next we have the older style deep double outlined rehaut engravings that were introduced in 2010 on the sub C up to 2014 in using my gen as the example for this style here is a macro

now I'll show you how it looks on wrist as you can see the engravings look white like the new single lined etched style but it's much deeper and crisp

now lastly we have the other style double outlined rehaut but it's not as deep as the former but the letters look black in all lighting.the infill of the engravings are dark this style was used in 2010 to 2014 just like the other double outlined rehaut style here is a macro

now here is how this style looks when not in Macro pics

This style is very very visable engravings