• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VERY Uneven SELS

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
I just bought a new 904L bracelet for my NOOB V7 no date. Overall its a nice bracelet but the NOOB v7 SELs were farrrr better. On the ARF the left side seems to be OK but the right side is flush with the lug. This is the case on BOTH sides 12 oclock and 6 o'clock . Its driving me insane. Is there a fix for this?

Id rather not go to extremes and try this method:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...lower-the-sel-on-your-watch-noob-v9-flush-fix

But I will if thats my only choice

Left side is slightly recessed, right side is completely flush. Looks like trashhh

2gx49c9.jpg

2i0qc0h.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do you have another watch you can try the ARF bracelet on? I would not be surprised to find out that maybe your lug holes on the Noob case are not placed correctly. I'm sure you've read about the various methods of "fixing" SELs. I'm in the camp that the best result will come from an individual shaping of the SEL to mate it to a specific side of the case. This involves removing material by grinding then sanding while carefully retaining the curve at the desired amount of recess.

15348766651262.jpg

​​​​​​
15348766540121.jpg

15347294290596.jpg

15347293908274.jpg

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
Do you have another watch you can try the ARF bracelet on? I would not be surprised to find out that maybe your lug holes on the Noob case are not placed correctly. I'm sure you've read about the various methods of "fixing" SELs. I'm in the camp that the best result will come from an individual shaping of the SEL to mate it to a specific side of the case. This involves removing material by grinding then sanding while carefully retaining the curve at the desired amount of recess.

15348766651262.jpg

​​​​​​
15348766540121.jpg

15347294290596.jpg

15347293908274.jpg

Yes and your name came up a few times. Im worried I won't be able to retain the shape of the SELs or open the distance between the first links and the SELs. Any tips?

I thought maybe the lugs were uneven but the stock bracelet SELs fit so well.

and I don't have another rep sub to try this on.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I find it hard to believe 2 ARF bracelet halves are off in the same way. Put the sels up to the case on a flat surface without springbars and reassess what you have. If the case holes are off, maybe something different can be tried.

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
I find it hard to believe 2 ARF bracelet halves are off in the same way. Put the sels up to the case on a flat surface without springbars and reassess what you have. If the case holes are off, maybe something different can be tried.

I tried switching the spring bars now and the 12 o'clock position seems to be flush on both sides now. The 6 clock has remained the same

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
I tried switching the spring bars now and the 12 o'clock position seems to be flush on both sides now. The 6 clock has remained the same

Put the bracelet on backwards. If the same sides are flush, it is the case.
Obviously, you wont leave it on backwards, but it is a quick way to place blame on case or bracelet.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
It’s a pain..it’s been a journey that kj2020 and jdm180 has been on.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Yes...for me it’s not that bad as I say it is...just trying to come up with a fair solution. Both my noob and ARF bracelets are great, genlike.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do you know what size springbars you are using? You could try going down a size, and keeping the SELs in place with glue. I would use slow cure epoxy. Acetone will dissolve glue and won't hurt SS or ceramic so it's not an irreversible technique. Movement would have to come out to undo it of course. I have epoxied one bracelet on WITHOUT springbars and have no issues with that watch. I did it because the SELs were butchered at the factory and the lug holes were drilled in spots where no other SELs came close to fitting. At some point I will probably drill new holes through the case since the model did come that way also. But epoxy is meant to be permanent and I wear bracelets loosley (no constant stress on the joints) so I don't worry about it separating. With smaller diameter springbars added as a failsafe, I consider gluing the SELs into an optimal position to be an option worth considering.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ard-you-glued-your-rolex-bracelet-on-say-what

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
Do you know what size springbars you are using? You could try going down a size, and keeping the SELs in place with glue. I would use slow cure epoxy. Acetone will dissolve glue and won't hurt SS or ceramic so it's not an irreversible technique. Movement would have to come out to undo it of course. I have epoxied one bracelet on WITHOUT springbars and have no issues with that watch. I did it because the SELs were butchered at the factory and the lug holes were drilled in spots where no other SELs came close to fitting. At some point I will probably drill new holes through the case since the model did come that way also. But epoxy is meant to be permanent and I wear bracelets loosley (no constant stress on the joints) so I don't worry about it separating. With smaller diameter springbars added as a failsafe, I consider gluing the SELs into an optimal position to be an option worth considering.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ard-you-glued-your-rolex-bracelet-on-say-what

I definitely don't want to go the glue route. Id rather try to sand it down like you did, or maybe ill just keep my v7 and use the ARF clasp

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I definitely don't want to go the glue route. Id rather try to sand it down like you did, or maybe ill just keep my v7 and use the ARF clasp

Can you tell for certain whether the ARF SELs are asymmetric from one side to the other side of the SEL? If not you may want to leave it alone and think about shaping the Noob SELs. If you totally ruin it, you still have another chance on the ARF.

I would practice on a throwaway bracelet first anyway. You will not do this perfectly the first time.

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
Can you tell for certain whether the ARF SELs are asymmetric from one side to the other side of the SEL? If not you may want to leave it alone and think about shaping the Noob SELs. If you totally ruin it, you still have another chance on the ARF.

I would practice on a throwaway bracelet first anyway. You will not do this perfectly the first time.

Is it feasible to remove the Noob SELs and put them on the ARF bracelet?

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I will be ordering an ARF for my v7 noob soon. If ARF is putting out a poor batch, I will not bother.

I still think OP should switch sides with the bracelet and report the results.

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
I would like to know the answer to this as well. I will be ordering an ARF for my v7 noob soon. If ARF is putting out a poor batch, I will not bother.

I still think OP should switch sides with the bracelet and report the results.

Ive tried switching sides... same thing

I have been playing with the spring bars and I can get one side even but flush and the other is still the same. Im using the stock NOOB V7 spring bars.. Maybe I should try a different set? Any recommendations?
KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You may be able to insert a wedge under the bracelet flange to both remove any play and lower the SEL height. This is an easy mod. You could even get away without gluing it in although it would be much more of a challenge to install the bracelet. Once locked in, it should stay put. This is an easily reversible mod, you can dry fit it first to see if it would help. You can't even see it once the bracelet in on.

Like this:

I started by cutting and shaping 2 pieces of 22 guage (.645mm) 316L wire. It's strong and retains its shape. I glued it to the notch in the case where the bottom SEL flange would normally sit.

e-15397529946400.jpg

Reactions: Vvvlllooo