• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post your franken Daytona’s and spec

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Have just listed my last build on the M2M
78781b597b92d892074a33e01f8d67a6.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: enter01 and audiwt

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
That dial has never seen gen!!!! Sorry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry bro but you’re wrong, no sense to says it’s gen if it’s aftermarket one!! I have fit out this dial and could recognized when it’s gen or aftermarket just by engravings on back of it. On aftermarket there’s no engravings on back. And on rep only arf made engravings on back but they don’t fit in without shaved the dial.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Sorry bro but you’re wrong, no sense to says it’s gen if it’s aftermarket one!! I have fit out this dial and could recognized when it’s gen or aftermarket just by engravings on back of it. On aftermarket there’s no engravings on back. And on rep only arf made engravings on back but they don’t fit in without shaved the dial.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I’m not wrong fella, sorry. Those markers are horrendous and actually other makers now engraved dial backs too. I’ve seen Noobs engraved.

Reactions: guru

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
I’m not wrong fella, sorry. Those markers are horrendous and actually other makers now engraved dial backs too. I’ve seen Noobs engraved.

Never seen noob with engraved in back of the dial, however I bought it as a gen one, all engravings on back, so for me no doubt about it, if it’s an aftermarket so means I have been scam!!

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Never seen noob with engraved in back of the dial, however I bought it as a gen one, all engravings on back, so for me no doubt about it, if it’s an aftermarket so means I have been scam!!

My Noob 116500 White dial too have engraving on the back.. It too have engraved Rolex crown at the back of ceramic bezel..

This blue dial definitely is Noob... Look at those sunburst in subdial. Gen have individual sunburst, i.e. different burst from the main dial..

I'm sorry for your lost

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
http://www.abujameel.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=80_43_47&product_id=116

The blue dial looks identical to the one in the link above.

But I’ve also seen the same dial as well on Time4diamonds as well going for £1500+...

Of course, no individual sun bursts is a dead give away that it is an aftermarket dial, but also the thickness of the subdials are thicker on the real one.

Also, if you look at the part where it says “Swiss Made” and look at pics of gen, you will see that no gen has “Swiss made” pressed right up against minute marking lines...

How much did you end up paying for that dial? It really angers me to hear that people are still out there scamming good men like you for your hard earned money.

I always thought this forum is a great place for us to share our expertise and opinion before making dives on expensive items to maximize the chance that a fake will get called out...

Micasol Really sorry for your loss...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I looked at a ton of ice blue dials before buying my Noob Ice blue. Posting some pics here just for general info with some observations. I found there are at least two different dial versions since the 2013 release. I spent a good deal of time trying to find out which dial was released when, without success.

Some key differences between the two:

R in Rolex is above the T in oyster
Text is expanded (wider)
Space between GR APH in COSMOGRAPH (APH dial)
One tick dial

R in Rolex is above the S in oyster
Text is condensed (narrower)
No APH dial
Two tick dial

All gen dials I've seen have slightly fatter subdial rings than the 116500/116520s.

All gen dials I've seen have individual sunbursts in the subdials.

Rolex website is currently showing the APH one tick dial

VE71yy.jpg

Actual pics of both dials ftom reputable blog sites, where there is no incentive to mislead

VE7b8a.jpg

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Did any 116500 come with those cool racing dials? I see a few on ebay for $300. Just wondering the general consensus on them?
01ad88dcc66ffb228c15e7cccb8a272f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Did any 116500 come with those cool racing dials? I see a few on ebay for $300. Just wondering the general consensus on them?
01ad88dcc66ffb228c15e7cccb8a272f.jpg

bought the blue one, looks really nice. Now I need a watch for modding ...

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
bought the blue one, looks really nice. Now I need a watch for modding ...
I hoping one with the luminous numbers becomes available at the $300 range in black and red soon. Its soooo pretty:)