• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post your franken Daytona’s and spec

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
E1Rgo.jpg
E1cHR.jpg

Gen Dial
Gen Case
Gen Bezel
Gen Hands
Gen Crown
Gen Crystal, Gaskets, Tube
ARF Bracelet
Noob 4130 Movement
Random Aftermarket Pushers

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
E1Rgo.jpg
E1cHR.jpg

Gen Dial
Gen Case
Gen Bezel
Gen Hands
Gen Crown
ARF Bracelet
Noob 4130 Movement

OMG, absolutely stunning..rarely see such builds!!

i hope I am wrong but part of me says a gen might hav even cheaper :clap:

Wear in good health!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bhlegit

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
OMG, absolutely stunning..rarely see such builds!!

i hope I am wrong but part of me says a gen might hav even cheaper :clap:

Wear in good health!!

Much appreciated. Fortunately not as much as gen, not that I could get on a waitlist for a gen even if I wanted to.

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

darktheko

Renowned Member
22/10/12
E1Rgo.jpg
E1cHR.jpg

Gen Dial
Gen Case
Gen Bezel
Gen Hands
Gen Crown
ARF Bracelet
Noob 4130 Movement

Wow great work here!! Why don't you use a gen spec spring bars? if you use a correct one you should get better recession at the ends of lugs. Now It seems SEL sits too high than it should be.

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
Wow great work here!! Why don't you use a gen spec spring bars? if you use a correct one you should get better recession at the ends of lugs. Now It seems SEL sits too high than it should be.

I hadn't noticed - thanks, man. I've just been using some random cheap ones I found on eBay. If you know of some good ones, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
Forgot to tell its gen case + AR bracelet

Thanks for the link, I'll check em out. I'll probably swap out the spring bars when I get the gen pushers. That'll be the last thing I do. I don't see the need to throw on a gen bracelet or movement.

The gen case really elevates it.

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
Thanks for the link, I'll check em out. I'll probably swap out the spring bars when I get the gen pushers. That'll be the last thing I do. I don't see the need to throw on a gen bracelet or movement.

The gen case really elevates it.

+1 for Everest spring bars. I have the same, they provide almost perfect SEL fitment on both Noob v3 and gen case.

Also, given that you have gone all the way, did you also consider gen P502 pushers? A bit expensive but you got everything else gen ;)

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/crow...uttons-116520---116500-pushers--id3969047.htm

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
+1 for Everest spring bars. I have the same, they provide almost perfect SEL fitment on both Noob v3 and gen case.

Also, given that you have gone all the way, did you also consider gen P502 pushers? A bit expensive but you got everything else gen ;)

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/crow...uttons-116520---116500-pushers--id3969047.htm

Yeah I know, I should get the gen pushers. Something about how small and simple they are has kept me from dropping that kind of money on them.

srhoque

28/11/18
Yeah I know, I should get the gen pushers. Something about how small and simple they are has kept me from dropping that kind of money on them.

They have much better shine (polish) and very smooth screwing rotation to them (open/close). I have it on my 116520 franken.

Meshnawy

Horology Curious
19/4/19
5124437ad5142062efff2708d4dfd1af.jpg

This has become my favourite piece!

Gen dial
Prof 2XAR crystal
Gen crystal gasket
CF Bezel
ARF bracelet

Everest nylon strap black and white on the way
Gen crystal next...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gekkehenkie

Renowned Member
21/7/14

Hi all,

I have this Noob based daytona already mod with gen dial, bezel, and pushers. But I'm not happy with the mid case which appears to be thicker and less curvy than the gen. Ideally I should get a gen case that will cost me a fortune, not to mention don't know where to get one. Has anyone here had experience with a Viet case such as this one, http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/contents/en-us/d248_116520_Daytona_case.html? How good is it compared with the gen case?

Im wondering the same.

And does anyone know someone in EU who can do case engravings?