• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gilt Rolex needs help

rivercity

Horology Curious
9/4/14
Friends - I purchased this watch several years ago on this site. Since that time, and the site change, I can't find any reference to the original watch builder.

The watch when I received it had fantastic gilt color on the dial, and looked just like the reference pictures. I wore it around for a bit, but some moisture got inside the case, and the gilt is now discolored. The pictures look better than the watch in person - the ROLEX kind of shows the reddish tint the gilt has adopted. I set the watch down for a couple years, wore a few others, and would like to start wearing this again.

Does anyone know a modder in the US who either could be the original builder or who could help polish up the face to make it look like gold again?

I'd really appreciate feedback on how to bring this wonderful watch back to life.

2colb0x.jpg

14cuu5h.jpg

rivercity

Horology Curious
9/4/14
I've found a reference pic used by the original modder for the 6536/1. I'd like to know if it is possible to get the gold back to the condition below.

RPR_IMG_9172.jpg