• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob SH4130 gen subdial hands don't fit

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Since there are many frankens out there I want to ask if somebody encountered similar issues with installing genuine subdial hands. hour, minute and large chrono hand fit w/o any problem and so does the second @6 hand. But I have no chance installing the hands @ 3 and 9. The pinions seem a tad too wide. I have read in a thread that it has been an issue to others but wasn't able to find it again. Next step I would try is to widen the genuine hands a little bit with a fine needle but I don't want to destroy them by doing so. Any experiences from other members? Any input is much appreciated.

LMi26.jpg

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
I have 2 noob Daytona, all franken, in 1 of those no problems, all gen hands fit perfectly in even the seconds chrono one, but in the last one, was a nightmare, need to mode the hole of two of the gen hands subdials to fit in, for one was to big for the other to small !! this movement is awesome but quality of parts and assembly is not the same on all SA4130 movements.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Out of 9 Noob SA4130 two had similar issues. Either mod the tubes or replace the gears with GEN (845, 850)

Reactions: sputim

sputim

Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Yeah that‘s exactly what I have expected. Probably due to the tolerances which even if they are minimal it‘s enough and the hands won‘t fit. How did you enlarge the subhands pinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Didn’t enlarge the pinions, just press a little the hand to reduce the hole body. When after pressed it to fit in, hole body take perfectly the shape of the pinion. To verify if it’s good, I have fit out after the gen hand and fit in to check if all ok, I do it, not difficult if you go slowly when pressed the body hall of the hand.
For the one with the to small body hole, my watchmaker need to shaved the inner body of the hand to enlarge it with a tool, haven’t the skills to do it by myself.
Hope my explanation were clear enough

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020