• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610 Gen Date Wheel - Will it fit JF 16610 3135 Movement?

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
Hi guys,

I just bought a gen 16610 date wheel for 3135 movement and also acquired a JF 16610 with rep 3135 movement. I would like to know is it possible to do a direct date wheel swap without any mods?

My watchsmith is not confident, has anyone here tried before?

Reactions: Floyd334

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Make a search for “sh3135”, there are tons of threads that have the info you seek.

Long answer short, not necessarily a simple plug and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rolexppapfan

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
Make a search for “sh3135”, there are tons of threads that have the info you seek.

Long answer short, not necessarily a simple plug and play

After just a standard service on my SH3135, a gen date wheel fit without issue (or any mods) and has been working flawlessly for over a year. I also keep it in a winder and it has been running for almost that entire time.

Reactions: AgentPena

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
After just a standard service on my SH3135, a gen date wheel fit without issue (or any mods) and has been working flawlessly for over a year. I also keep it in a winder and it has been running for almost that entire time.

this answer was helpful and concise to the point. Maron 's not so much, we don't need someone to blatantly reply without knowing any information just to gain post count.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Oh man, Maron'S answer with a simple Plug'n'Play was already correct.... ;)

To help you again, I have in all my SH3135 installed GEN RLX 3135 datewheel.
In one of my JF 16610 now since more than 1 year and this as daily beater. It iy also perfectly centered.

The look of the GEN datewheel is perfect. The text font is a must have, cause all datewheels installed from factory in the SH3135 are bad!!
With the GEN 3135 DW you will be happy and it is a very big upgrade.

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
With all due respect to everyone in this thread, the issues with SH3135 can present themselves on a case by case basis. We all know that QC barely exists in most factories as well as dirt & residual materials are almost always present. My advice for longevity is to have any new movement fully serviced as soon as reasonably possible.

As as for the gen date mechanism upgrades often discussed, they were an absolute necessity on the Yuki 3135s - the SH has provided a definitive improvement over those. Now, if a member prefers to do the gen upgrades - I say go for it as it all depends on personal preference. I did the upgrade to my Yuki immediately but didn’t on the SH. If an issue presents itself as a result of installing a gen date wheel at a later date (which I am now very confident it won’t), I will then make the decision at that time to do the upgrade, but I certainly couldn’t justify the expense simply on a hunch.

The easiest way way to protect the date mech (as has been discussed here many times) is to set the time to 6pm before doing any date changes - I even follow that simple rule on my gens.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
this answer was helpful and concise to the point. Maron 's not so much, we don't need someone to blatantly reply without knowing any information just to gain post count.

I am sorry that you feel that I have let you down. I will try to do better next time, and will certainly try to be more cognizant of my post whoring.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
WTF are you talking about??
We dont carry spoons around with us to feed you information
Had you taken the suggestion you would of come up with the answers you seeked.
Did you even try a search before starting this thread?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

That is great news

Mr_SD

Known Member
6/3/18
In my experience a gen date wheel will fit, is it always 100% perfectly centered i am not convinced. I have just had one done and it doesnt look perfect... yes its much better than the ARF crappy DW that came out of the watch but it isnt perfect...

Reactions: AgentPena

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
Oh man, Maron'S answer with a simple Plug'n'Play was already correct.... ;)

To help you again, I have in all my SH3135 installed GEN RLX 3135 datewheel.
In one of my JF 16610 now since more than 1 year and this as daily beater. It iy also perfectly centered.

The look of the GEN datewheel is perfect. The text font is a must have, cause all datewheels installed from factory in the SH3135 are bad!!
With the GEN 3135 DW you will be happy and it is a very big upgrade.

thanks mate, the gen date wheel is a must have as the rep is too thick and aftermarket looking. How's the JF crystal and cyclops? I can't estimate whether the magnification is accurate. Would like to hear from a seasoned user like yourself! Cheers

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
With all due respect to everyone in this thread, the issues with SH3135 can present themselves on a case by case basis. We all know that QC barely exists in most factories as well as dirt & residual materials are almost always present. My advice for longevity is to have any new movement fully serviced as soon as reasonably possible.

As as for the gen date mechanism upgrades often discussed, they were an absolute necessity on the Yuki 3135s - the SH has provided a definitive improvement over those. Now, if a member prefers to do the gen upgrades - I say go for it as it all depends on personal preference. I did the upgrade to my Yuki immediately but didn’t on the SH. If an issue presents itself as a result of installing a gen date wheel at a later date (which I am now very confident it won’t), I will then make the decision at that time to do the upgrade, but I certainly couldn’t justify the expense simply on a hunch.

The easiest way way to protect the date mech (as has been discussed here many times) is to set the time to 6pm before doing any date changes - I even follow that simple rule on my gens.

Wow, that date mech tips is sure useful and will be put to thought. I was not aware of this earlier and was changing the dates around 10pm. But how would you know it's 6pm or 6am? It will be difficult to tell.

Ive bought two of the JF 16610 and both are not perfect even after QC. It's really a hit and miss, as for servicing the movement. Will have to check with my watchsmith, was really hoping to wear it before Chinese New Year.

Thanks abundance!

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I am sorry that you feel that I have let you down. I will try to do better next time, and will certainly try to be more cognizant of my post whoring.

I don't understand, why even bother replying or going on a post spree when you can't even contribute any information or quality feedback. Your replies seem to be quick just to gain post count, it doesn't build you any credibility with such replies in the forum. I'm also surprised you've gotten away so far without any mods giving you a warning.

Have you seen that number below his Avatar?

And BTW your reply should have been "THANK YOU" (at least)
Anybody that spend his/her time to type on the keyboard to reply to your question should be thanked...
That ain't a nice behaviour...

yes his replies weren't friendly or helpful in particular. oh well, at least the rest were helpful and informative.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
vintagerolexforum
Yes, a must have is the datewheel. The JF version is ugly and fat, some newer are better but still too bold.

The crystal is OK. It has no AR cyclop but this is correct for a 5-digit sub. So okay.
I have installed on one JF the JF crystal and must say - really good.
On another JF SuperFranken I have a GEN crystal installed (NO Lec / NO AR - cause of period correct build) and when you compare both, the JF crystal is very good.

I compared also TC crystal / JF crystal / GEN crystal / StarTime crystal from my build for 5-digit sub
And to rank them: 1.) GEN - 2.) JF - very close to 3.) TC and than the 4.) StarTime
Magnification on the cyclop is GEN like with 2,5 and I cannot see a difference to the GEN crystal.

Regarding the SH3135 movement.
I have now a total of 4pcs SH3135 movements (one I have already sold) and have to say- ONLY one needed NO service. This was clean and running strong.
The other movements needed all service!!
One movement was so dirty, that I was not more running after 1 week!!!

When I buy a watch with SH3135 - first is to service them and than togethe change the DW to GEN

Reactions: Jerome Rome

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
vintagerolexforum
Yes, a must have is the datewheel. The JF version is ugly and fat, some newer are better but still too bold.

The crystal is OK. It has no AR cyclop but this is correct for a 5-digit sub. So okay.
I have installed on one JF the JF crystal and must say - really good.
On another JF SuperFranken I have a GEN crystal installed (NO Lec / NO AR - cause of period correct build) and when you compare both, the JF crystal is very good.

I compared also TC crystal / JF crystal / GEN crystal / StarTime crystal from my build for 5-digit sub
And to rank them: 1.) GEN - 2.) JF - very close to 3.) TC and than the 4.) StarTime
Magnification on the cyclop is GEN like with 2,5 and I cannot see a difference to the GEN crystal.

Regarding the SH3135 movement.
I have now a total of 4pcs SH3135 movements (one I have already sold) and have to say- ONLY one needed NO service. This was clean and running strong.
The other movements needed all service!!
One movement was so dirty, that I was not more running after 1 week!!!

When I buy a watch with SH3135 - first is to service them and than togethe change the DW to GEN

is servicing necessary? What happens if you don't? Or maybe just do minor service like oil the rotor? I read that the SH3135 reversing gear is weak. And need to replace with gen since it breaks easily, did you replace any gen movement parts?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
One of the SH3135 get no service as written, this was clean. Only GEN DW.
Two SH3135 movements got full service with some GEN parts (especially datechange mechanism) + installing GEN DW
One SH3135 got some more parts, there where two parts already broken! .... Got also new parts from GEN and than GEN DW

These SH3135 can be hit & miss ....
You have to open it and the watchmaker will know waht to do ;)

Mine are running now very strong and are now reliable again.
Power Reserve is for all now in the range of 44h - 50h
And time keeping is also great, mostly all of them have +3/-2 per day (depeding on the watch head postion) My watchmaker adjusted the movements very accurate.

Reactions: Floyd334 and KJ2020

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
One of the SH3135 get no service as written, this was clean. Only GEN DW.
Two SH3135 movements got full service with some GEN parts (especially datechange mechanism) + installing GEN DW
One SH3135 got some more parts, there where two parts already broken! .... Got also new parts from GEN and than GEN DW

These SH3135 can be hit & miss ....
You have to open it and the watchmaker will know waht to do ;)

Mine are running now very strong and are now reliable again.
Power Reserve is for all now in the range of 44h - 50h
And time keeping is also great, mostly all of them have +3/-2 per day (depeding on the watch head postion) My watchmaker adjusted the movements very accurate.

wow, that's amazing power reserve. Can't wait to get it going, I guess I wouldn't service it first. Let it break later on and I'll find the gen parts for it. My watchsmith business is thriving, he used to get work done within a week or two but now he wants months, and a complete service will take him a while.

thanks for the information mate, it was really helpful. And will eventually help others as well! Cheers!

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
wow, that's amazing power reserve. Can't wait to get it going, I guess I wouldn't service it first. Let it break later on and I'll find the gen parts for it. My watchsmith business is thriving, he used to get work done within a week or two but now he wants months, and a complete service will take him a while.

thanks for the information mate, it was really helpful. And will eventually help others as well! Cheers!

Not servicing the movement and letting it break apart can be much more expensive as you have to change broken parts for gen one

Reactions: Maron