• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex BP DayDate Silver or Gold

serafim.g

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
guys i really like the BP Rolex DayDate but i dont know if i want to buy a gold one, rose gold one or silver one! my only concern is that i’ve read here that gold replica watches tend to wear off

Sent from the RWI App

mx1111

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/10/18
I would personally get the silver one. It depends on how much you want a rose-gold or a gold one. But I heard also that they tend to wear off after some while. Can't imagine that silver looks as bad as gold when it "wears off". Good luck

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
When you say "silver", I think you are referring to the stainless steel ones. Those do not have any plating at all so you don't have to worry about anything rubbing off.

I have a yellow gold and a rose gold Day-Date. Plating is fine (except being a bit thin between the links). If you do end up ever getting a plated watch, just like with gen plated watches like Seiko's, just make sure to wipe them down with a watch cloth after each wear and they will last much longer. Apparently it's the oils and moisture from our wrists/fingers that cause a reaction with the base metals or the plating to wear thin.

serafim.g

29/10/18
thanks a lot for your answer. I consider buying only silver watches "stainless steel"