• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a GEN dial?

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
Hello forum,

I'm trying to buy a GEN black dial for my deepsea project.

TRF member offered me this dial and while everything looks all right but there is a small chip on the right side of the date window.

Is this normal for Deepsea dial?

Thanks

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
Wow. Almost bought it!

He is a well-known member at TRF, I'll probably ask a few more questions and just move away or something.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Wow. Almost bought it!

He is a well-known member at TRF, I'll probably ask a few more questions and just move away or something.
tripdog will be able to confirm. Any pictures of the back?

Subzed

24/4/18
Can somebody please explain that “chip” on the dial at 3 o’clock? I see it all the time and and it’s questioned all the time.
To me it looks like some type of index for either manufacturing or assembling, just wanted someone’s official reason for it.

Reactions: stu00a

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
Can somebody please explain that “chip” on the dial at 3 o’clock? I see it all the time and and it’s questioned all the time.
To me it looks like some type of index for either manufacturing or assembling, just wanted someone’s official reason for it.

I'm curious to know as well! I checked gen forums and none of the dials they listed had that "chip" except this one...

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
There was a thread about that cut on the outer edge of the dial... but I can't remember if it was here or in another forum...
Seems like that many reprinted dials have it... for sure a gen Rolex dial doesn't have it (at least looking at those on Chrono24)

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
This is a replica dial ... Not genuine Rolex.
The @12, @6, @9 indices all have sharp corner. The @12 triangle indice is too close to the upper minute markers.
Gen dial does not have the cut-out notch @3.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Not genuine Rolex - fakey fake.

Oscarwilder123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/20
Hello All, a fairly new user to this Forum would anyone be against the rules if I posted a photo of a supposedly Franken Dj 16234 I bought it’s supposed to have a Gen dial but I’m a bit suspicious.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Hello All, a fairly new user to this Forum would anyone be against the rules if I posted a photo of a supposedly Franken Dj 16234 I bought it’s supposed to have a Gen dial but I’m a bit suspicious.

Go for it

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Post it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oscarwilder123

26/4/20

Thanks, the detail that concerns me most is the placement of the Coronet, after doing a bunch of search’s online I have yet to see a dial were the 12’oclock Indice and Coronet do not have a break between the two on this dial there is no break aM I overthinking this ?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Thanks, the detail that concerns me most is the placement of the Coronet, after doing a bunch of search’s online I have yet to see a dial were the 12’oclock Indice and Coronet do not have a break between the two on this dial there is no break aM I overthinking this ?

Overthinking.

Oscarwilder123

26/4/20
Thanks for reply, I can now justify spending a bit of $ for an upgraded crystal.