• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT MASTER II 126711CHNR

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
No big difference really. Just your own peace of mind. I might have gotten the BP if it came out before the GMF. The GMF and BP bezels are largely similar - but both have bare sides on the SELs. It doesn't bother me, ut it might bother some. The GMF has a decent date wheel - some of the dates are huge though. The BP has a slightly thicker date wheel, and that bothers some too. Both have not the greatest crystal. Great reps besides those things. Check out my thread if you wanna see the GMF.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Both BP and GMF have same parts in them. GMF is actually BP that releases their Rolex reps with 904L.
they have virtually same watches - very slight differences.
im very couriers how I’d finish on BP / how does it feel in touch comparing to GMF.

did anyone actually buy BP version?

Reactions: Dodifirst

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
BP has fully plated SEL sides:

its a huge plus!!!!!!!!!

GMF does not:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
BP has fully plated SEL sides:

its a huge plus!!!!!!!!!

GMF does not:

Are you referring to the wrapped or the plated? The BP has bare sides as well I think based on the video. There is plastic wrap, but it looks like it still based on coloring too.
qa4Hd.png

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Are you referring to the wrapped or the plated? The BP has bare sides as well I think based on the video. There is plastic wrap, but it looks like it still based on coloring too.
qa4Hd.png

I was referring to plated BP. Check pics on Trusty webpage. It cleatlrly shows that sel sides are fully plated while GMF shows bare sel sides.
we should try to confirm this with some TD.

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
I was referring to plated BP. Check pics on Trusty webpage. It cleatlrly shows that sel sides are fully plated while GMF shows bare sel sides.
we should try to confirm this with some TD.
Please, Can you show a link ?

Not able to find it.

Thanks

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
Thank you, but i think it's too cheap to be a good release...... Also if pictures shows a good Rep.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Thank you, but i think it's too cheap to be a good release...... Also if pictures shows a good Rep.

More expensive don’t necessarily means better rep.
GMF is more expensive mainly because it’s made with 904L which doesn’t necessarily mean it will have better shine or color. It all depends how it’s brushed and how is the finish on them.
GMF and BP are basically the same factory. BP version was released after GMF and has plated sel sides. I’m wondering if it has some other upgrades over gmf version. I wish someone compared them.

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
I actually feel cheated after getting the gmf and then bp released the same watch :(

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
We need someone to buy the bracelet and see if it does. I am tempted to ask my TD to just order me one after CNY just so I can see...

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
The GMF version is the best. The RG color is perfect (I compared to gen in person). The only con is the weight. I would have liked it to be a bit heavier, but was very comfortable on the wrist.