• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona NOOB v2 grey dial - impressions

neospike911

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/11/18
Hello everyone,

First of all - all I write below, is my personal impressions and opinion, dont want to judge product by 2 days of usage.

So I received all-new daytona Noob v2 yesterday from Trustytime(Andrew).

All procedure was very quick - ordered and paid at 12.01, got QC next day and approved, received watch yesterday, 15.01 (Dubai, UAE).

This is my 3rd purchase since i became member of RWI, and, unfortunately, least of 3.

Most of my disappointments is personal, not related to watch itself.

1.Clasp was covered in plastic film upon delivery, along with all watch, but under it i found a scratch. Film was undamaged.

2. 40mm watch for my 7.5 wrist is a joke. Problem is i never had rolex or other 40mm, so had no idea that is so bad.

3. Oysterflex is too small and sits like hell on my wrist, at maximum adjustment. Overall oysterflex rubber strap looks and feels very cheap.(IMO)

4. Major problem - Movement, or rotor, or whatever inside. Forgive me if I spell something wrong, not very familiar with terminology. But when i'm shaking watch, it is EXTREMELY loud.

Like some baby toys, or even maracas. I can play latino rhythms with it. Plus there is not only loud noise, it also somehow vibrating inside. Sounds and feels cheap.

Please feel free to ask any questions, I will gladly answer. I need to reach 25 posts to access sales section.

qKbid.jpg

qK1JZ.jpg

qKJXR.jpg

qKUxg.jpg

qKnZa.jpg

qKMFy.jpg

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Well, its one of those things where we learn to ask the right questions to the TD and ensure they understand what we want. I bought 3 watches so far as well and only one of the 3 I am really satisfied. The other two, one I have issue with loose bezel and the other one has misaligned bezel and now probably a defective mechanism inside. In future I will probably just get a simple no nonsense watch that tells date and time only. Worried about getting those GMTs and chronos with bezel. Always something you will end disliking in the watch. My watches also make noise when I shake it. The rotors need to be oiled as per some advice here. Not a big issue for me though honestly. I just want a watch that function as per the original without simply breaking or feeling cheap on the hand (to me at least cos most people don't actually study your watch closely).

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
daytonas (even gens) are louder than other rolex watches, because of the 4130 ball-bearings rotor.

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
I have been really considering this watch, along with the ARF 116518 Paul Newman on Oysterflex. The problem is, I have heard the Oysterflex braclet isn’t great, is too small and doesn’t sit well on the wrist.

Could you perhaps post a wrist shot showing how this wears on the wrist. Also whenever you come to selling this I’ll be interested in taking it off your hands!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Please feel free to ask any questions, I will gladly answer. I need to reach 25 posts to access sales section.

lol, just for your honesty I'll quote you and give you a reason to answer ;)

More seriously sorry for your bad experience. Many of us have done similar mistakes to buy a watch without really doing our due diligence. Good thing is with M2M you should recover most of your cost. Good luck with sale!

neospike911

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/11/18
lol, just for your honesty I'll quote you and give you a reason to answer ;)

More seriously sorry for your bad experience. Many of us have done similar mistakes to buy a watch without really doing our due diligence. Good thing is with M2M you should recover most of your cost. Good luck with sale!

Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it :)

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
hope Noob will put this good subdial on all other daytonas ....

thebasedrummer

Looking Around
18/10/17
Do all the subdials work? I heard there are some versions where the 3&9 subdials are frozen.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
daytonas (even gens) are louder than other rolex watches, because of the 4130 ball-bearings rotor.

this is true but the difference is so minimal i cannot hear any different sound between my gen explorer and my gen daytona.
if your gen daytona is noisy you MUST get it serviced right away

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hello everyone,

First of all - all I write below, is my personal impressions and opinion, dont want to judge product by 2 days of usage.

So I received all-new daytona Noob v2 yesterday from Trustytime(Andrew).

All procedure was very quick - ordered and paid at 12.01, got QC next day and approved, received watch yesterday, 15.01 (Dubai, UAE).

This is my 3rd purchase since i became member of RWI, and, unfortunately, least of 3.

Most of my disappointments is personal, not related to watch itself.

1.Clasp was covered in plastic film upon delivery, along with all watch, but under it i found a scratch. Film was undamaged.

2. 40mm watch for my 7.5 wrist is a joke. Problem is i never had rolex or other 40mm, so had no idea that is so bad.

3. Oysterflex is too small and sits like hell on my wrist, at maximum adjustment. Overall oysterflex rubber strap looks and feels very cheap.(IMO)

4. Major problem - Movement, or rotor, or whatever inside. Forgive me if I spell something wrong, not very familiar with terminology. But when i'm shaking watch, it is EXTREMELY loud.

Like some baby toys, or even maracas. I can play latino rhythms with it. Plus there is not only loud noise, it also somehow vibrating inside. Sounds and feels cheap.

My noob daytona used to be quite noisy as well, noisier than my 15400 JF, i sent it for a service (you don't need a full service tho, you can send it just for oiling your rotor bearings) and i can't hear it at all anymore

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
You can get it serviced and silenced and you can order longer strap but ofc if you find it small then sell it

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
this is true but the difference is so minimal i cannot hear any different sound between my gen explorer and my gen daytona.
if your gen daytona is noisy you MUST get it serviced right away

i dont know, because explorers and daytonas have a complete different movement incl. rotor - even the old daytonas (zenith el primero) were not completely quiet. at least the gens i had in hand...

maybe "noise" i also not the right word to descibe what i can hear...

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
i dont know, because explorers and daytonas have a complete different movement incl. rotor - even the old daytonas (zenith el primero) were not completely quiet. at least the gens i had in hand...

Ofc they are different, the Explorer doesn't mount its rotor on the same bearings that the daytona mounts. the construction is different.
Nonetheless mine is basically just as silent as my explorer, that's what i was trying to say.

Reactions: tmp2018