• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacement Insert and crystal for NF v8 Sub no date

redbar0n

Horology Curious
29/11/18
Hey All,

I just had a motorbike accident and fell on my NF v8 sub :(

watch is still running but ceramic insert broke, crystal is scratched and the bracelet is scratched too.

I was thinking to replace the bracelet with a leather one but I am looking for a shop to buy an insert and crystal to replace it. I am based in Thailand.

Best,

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You can buy an insert from Cerameister or SpongeBob, and a Prof crystal, it would be a nice improvement. For the bracelet if it's not too bad you can re brush it or you can contact a TD and buy another one. Good luck

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Don't bother with Cerameister , he's not allowed to sell them here anyway.

Id get another standard rep one or a Spongebob is amazing

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Too much Sangsom for Somchai to be riding motorbike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
You'd probably save money by just buying a new watch..all the upgrades are nice and all, but for the amount of money that they cost, you can keep getting the latest version the factory pushes out. If you're worried about tells, well that's a whole other beast within it self..

redbar0n

Horology Curious
29/11/18
You'd probably save money by just buying a new watch..all the upgrades are nice and all, but for the amount of money that they cost, you can keep getting the latest version the factory pushes out. If you're worried about tells, well that's a whole other beast within it self..

Yea,
I'll do the math on that. I just bought in 1 month back :/ Good thing it wasn't my gen or I would be in tears :D

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Spongebob insert is around 200..I'm not sure if above or below, but let's just say 200..Prof crystal + install is around 150...that's aleardy the price of a new watch..even if you get an off brand crystal for $50...a $100 premium for a brand new watch isn't bad..

redbar0n

Horology Curious
29/11/18
Spongebob insert is around 200..I'm not sure if above or below, but let's just say 200..Prof crystal + install is around 150...that's aleardy the price of a new watch..even if you get an off brand crystal for $50...a $100 premium for a brand new watch isn't bad..

sounds like it, yea.
maybe keep the old watch as a donor in case I need to replace shit in the future...

the massakretor

23/8/13
You could hit up a TD and buy an ARF bracelet (160$), ARF bezel (50$) and a new crystal for like 50$ from noob.

And you'll have a better watch than an OTB new replica since the ARF bracelet is very good, the bezel too, and the crystal is ok

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

Renowned Member
9/12/18
You could hit up a TD and buy an ARF bracelet (160$), ARF bezel (50$) and a new crystal for like 50$ from noob.

And you'll have a better watch than an OTB new replica since the ARF bracelet is very good, the bezel too, and the crystal is ok

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

I asked a couple of TDs. They all said that ARF does not provide separate parts.....:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonox

30/3/12
I hope your ok after your motorcycle accident...

You can also order from TD a new complete case from noob (case, bezel with insert an crystal )
If I remember well, it’s 170$ for 316 or a little more 200$ for 904 steel) + 20$ for shipping
And you can maybe brush the bracelet if scratch is not too deep

techindahaus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
CONUS
Since before I posted that... If he is doing backdoor sales you should inform a mod

He's not. At least not with me. I was actually trying to get one of his inserts and he had been on here previously. Can you say why he is no longer able to sell on here?