• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with bezel change GMF Pepsi: can't put bezel back on

Less

30/9/18
DE
Hello community,

I was very excited to receive a new bezel for my GMF pepsi. Within seconds I had the bezel off, took that ring off but unfortunately I'm not able to put that back on! Any ideas or suggestions? :( That's so frustrating...

Thanks in advance!

Less

30/9/18
DE
did you get the gasket ring back inside the bezel?

First of all I love Taco Tuesdays! Second thanks for answering!

As far as I can see there is no classic gasket ring (but I'm an idiot anyway so don't trust me). There is a very tiny thin thing inside the bezel (not possible to pull it out, white colored) which reminds me of a gasket ring. On bottom was a large metal ring also hanging with the bezel a thin metal thing which suppose to make that click noise and rotating.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Hmmmmmm. Definetly might need more expert advise than I can offer. From my understanding that white ring is what is supposed to hold the bezel on. Sounds like that may be working if its stuck, but maybe the bezel did not sit correctly on the metal ring. Just guessing.

Less

30/9/18
DE
Hmmmmmm. Definetly might need more expert advise than I can offer. From my understanding that white ring is what is supposed to hold the bezel on. Sounds like that may be working if its stuck, but maybe the bezel did not sit correctly on the metal ring. Just guessing.

Thanks for helping, that so much appreciated!

I'm not sure if that's a legit guess but somehow it feels like that the bezel can't be put back anymore. At least I can't imagine how a not bendable metal thing can be put through a bigger metal insert... I have to think of those things in bottle (like a small ship or fruits).

​​​​Also that bezel is definitely not build like a gen... I checked some videos beforehand...

Less

30/9/18
DE
Difficult without pictures dude...

That was seriously stupid not to take some... Right now the bezel is on (not moving and a tiny bit lifted up on one side, not noticeable without knowing). I'm so afraid of pulling it out again...

I was very naive that someone has done this already or knows what kind of bezel I'm talking about. Nope, I was totally wrong...

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Pictures.... I’d advise taking it off and taking pictures of what you have, and getting advice BEFORE you try reassembling it. Obliviously it’s on wrong now anyway so it has to come back off regardless.

Reactions: KJ2020

Less

30/9/18
DE
Pictures.... I’d advise taking it off and taking pictures of what you have, and getting advice BEFORE you try reassembling it. Obliviously it’s on wrong now anyway so it has to come back off regardless.

Done!

quod2.jpg

quGzb.jpg

qulnd.jpg

quN5Z.jpg

quYzg.jpg

qu7da.jpg

Less

30/9/18
DE
Maybe a crystal press can help? I'm not sure what's the matter with the bezel not moving...

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
The click spring needs to go into the bezel retainer, and the friction ring covers it on the bottom. Press the whole assembly on and wiggle it from side-to-side. Some silicone grease may help you press it on by hand.

Less

30/9/18
DE
The click spring needs to go into the bezel retainer, and the friction ring covers it on the bottom. Press the whole assembly on and wiggle it from side-to-side. Some silicone grease may help you press it on by hand.

Thanks for answering! Can I put the friction ring on the watch or do I have to attach it to (or even into) the bezel? I'm sorry, that I have some difficulties understanding English...

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Thanks for answering! Can I put the friction ring on the watch or do I have to attach it to (or even into) the bezel? I'm sorry, that I have some difficulties understanding English...

Try both ways and see which works. The ring just keeps that click spring(thin wire piece) in place.