• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help QC: New datewheels on ARF 2824 subs

lolmoocow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/19
hey guys. just ordered this watch from chazingtime. My Qc showed a pretty thick datewheel font. I wanted to RL since ive seen plenty of good QCs throughout the forum and ARF 2824 has been agreed on as best OTB. However chazingtime says that all of the watches are like this.. what should I do? wait for a new shipment or switch to a new batch? This is my first high end rep and i just want to do it right. thanks guys.

sorry if i posted this incorrectly

https://imgur.com/a/WLnBX2z

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'm not sure what you think your alternatives are. This is not a flaw from a single watch - which is whatQC pics are for - this is the way the whole batch is. So either you accept it or you ask for another one but you'll likely get the same DW. There's not a new batch every week. Up to you. Good luck

lolmoocow

8/1/19
Tobel thanks for the response. I just was curious why the datewheels may have changed. Definitely tried to do my research before this and thought they were better for ARF 2824.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
BTW I just noticed that you had already asked this question in the main watch's thread, there's no need to open a new one.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
The ARF is one of the best OOB for sure... but the font is known to be bold on them.
Nothing has changed. That font is the same on all the ARF.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
lorenzo1910 https://imgur.com/a/i78Wvs5 these are some other pictures I've seen of the 2824. Including the one on chazingtimes website, I feel like they were different before.
They don't produce their parts themselves but contract it out to others, if they get a bold batch theyll sell these out before making a new one.

Maybe you could get a datewheel from Raffles? No idea if they would fit though alignment wise, you'd have to ask one of the veterans.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
lorenzo1910 https://imgur.com/a/i78Wvs5 these are some other pictures I've seen of the 2824. Including the one on chazingtimes website, I feel like they were different before.

Don't know mate... it's common knowledge that the major flaw in the ARF is the date font (my old DateJust from ARF has the same issue) and I've never seen an ARF with that thin font...
Are you sure that all that pics are from the same makers?

bennya1

9/6/13
I just got mine from trusty. I’m so disappointed from dw.
The overall is great but dw is awful.
Just ordered the no date to start a franken.

If you didn’t confirm it yet let it pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Swapping out a DWO on an ETA is cheap and easy. Check ebay and raffles. If that's your only concern, accept it and plan on the mod. Not ideal, but no reason to anguish over it.

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Guys,

ARF changed the font of 2824.I don't know why, but now is fucked up like the font of sh3135.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Just choose another watch. Or wait for them to release it with sh3135v2 which has definitely better dw. I think it ll be after the cny

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk