• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex crystals from Crystal CleAR

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Gen crystal has got AR on top of the cyclops an on the area under the cyclops. But this is the underside of the crystal not the cyclops itself.
Prof‘s blackhole for the sub is the same. As an option you can order a full AR crystal from prof, too. That means there has been every part of the crystal coated.

AR coating only makes sense at the edges from air to glass and vice versa. AR coating between cyclops and crystal is useless.

Another good alternative is Prof‘s crystal for the SD43. It has got fully coated crystal underside and AR on top of the cyclops. Black hole effect is visible but not so noticeable because you have the additional AR on the complete crystal underside which provides a spectacular dial sight.

Greets Andi

Reactions: OldNavitimer

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Gen crystal has got AR on top of the cyclops an on the area under the cyclops. But this is the underside of the crystal not the cyclops itself.
Prof‘s blackhole for the sub is the same. As an option you can order a full AR crystal from prof, too. That means there has been every part of the crystal coated.

AR coating only makes sense at the edges from air to glass and vice versa. AR coating between cyclops and crystal is useless.

Another good alternative is Prof‘s crystal for the SD43. It has got fully coated crystal underside and AR on top of the cyclops. Black hole effect is visible but not so noticeable because you have the additional AR on the complete crystal underside which provides a spectacular dial sight.

Greets Andi

Great summary thank you for this!

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
not the best pic but is visible here

tn_gmt2.jpg

https://beckertime.com/blog/see-cyclops-rolex/

Reactions: Razorig2 and KJ2020

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
It's looks very good imo. I hope that stuff around the cyclops is just condensation or dirt and not the actual outline of AR lmao!

That is one of the problems I find with the cyclops Cleaning around the edges. It is a dust magnet. So when I just use a spray to clean them the dust congregates around the cyclops edges.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
It's looks very good imo. I hope that stuff around the cyclops is just condensation or dirt and not the actual outline of AR lmao!

I‘m sure this stuff can easyly be polished away with a felt polishing wheel and diamond polish grit 3000 or higher. But maybe this is excessive glue from cyclops mounting process. Excessive glue can be carefully scratched away with a sharp modeller‘s knife.

If it is really to much AR coating on the underside you can remove it, too. Cut an excact contour of the cyclops from self adhesive 3M copper tape foil and tap it under the cyclops. Polish the stuff away around the taped area with diamond paste like described above.

Greets Andi

Reactions: MonsieurMax

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
I‘m sure this stuff can easyly be polished away with a felt polishing wheel and diamond polish grit 3000 or higher. But maybe this is excessive glue from cyclops mounting process. Excessive glue can be carefully scratched away with a sharp modeller‘s knife.

If it is really to much AR coating on the underside you can remove it, too. Cut an excact contour of the cyclops from self adhesive 3M copper tape foil and tap it under the cyclops. Polish the stuff away around the taped area with diamond paste like described above.

Greets Andi

That's true, Because the effect looks pretty perfect to me, it's just the sloppyness, but yeah I'll pick up a few and play with them

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I've never seen a cyclops have that kind of discoloration around it, looks troubling.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's AR applied slopily like another user said you can clean that off underneath the crystal. The effect is amazing though

No way I would want to be burdened with that after spending $125 on it. Definite deal breaker for me.

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
No way I would want to be burdened with that after spending $125 on it. Definite deal breaker for me.

Ah well, I hope there aren't all like that because it's honestly the closest crystal to gen from that photo posted

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Unfortunately, it's the outline of the AR :(
You won't see it though.

Have you tried reaching out to them? That looks pretty bad.

Agreed, sloppy AR kills this, what a shame. Hopefully it was a one off and they arent all that shit.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Still waiting for my CrystalcleAR. They‘re just making a new batch.
In the meantime a full double AR prof crystal arrived. Although not gen like I wanted this one for my Hulk build to bring up the beautiful dial a bit more.
Prof‘s crystal is just whoaaa! Outstanding! Nearly invisible.
Will compare when the CrystalcleAR arrives.

Greets Andi

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
To all who are curious about my YM that has CleAR crystal, I actually sold the watch last month. So I won't be able to take another pic or make a video of it. Here is another front pic from my sale last month

8762o.jpg

JMK

13/2/18
8543e513258a122a6708bc38e013fadd.jpg

Prof black hole to compare :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk