• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking to add a 16610 sub to collection

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
123677dca9b9a9704f7f454b9527e167.jpg

5 digit is the best sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerome Rome

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/18
United States of America
I received a great JF 16610Lv (no rehaut engraving) SH3135 from TD InTime. Swapped in a gen date disc and I'm very pleased with it. InTime was great through the entire process and received the watch within two weeks. I wish I'd known about RWI before jumping in the replica game. So much knowledge here.

Reactions: KJ2020

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
If you can manage $1000 you can turn a JF into a pretty good franken.

What is the best way to approach a modder and where can I find them?
Should I source the gen parts myself?

Thank you very much and apologies in advance if these are weir questions, I am quite new to this.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
What is the best way to approach a modder and where can I find them?
Should I source the gen parts myself?

Thank you very much and apologies in advance if these are weir questions, I am quite new to this.

Read up join the crowd plenty of great modders and members here filled with threads of knowledge.

cheers!

Reactions: Plantagenet

NDJ2

22/11/16
Australia
I went through the exercise of finding the best 16610 over about a two year period. During that time I saw a number of TCs for sale but they were always snapped up before I had a chance to chime in (or they were listed as CONUS only - and I'm in Australia).

I bought a BP 16610 which looked great (some say it has a better dial than the JF). However I didn't keep it long as the SA3135 fitted was an inconsistent timekeeper compared to most eta clones I've experienced. (I like to regulate my watches to a high degree of accuracy). More importantly my according to my research he SA3135 is a timebomb that sooner or later will die and not be repairable.

I looked at the JF, but the SH3135, although a real clone of the Rolex, doesn't have a good reputation for timekeeping or reliability. Combined with reported issues with JF bracelet fragility, crystals coming off with fingernail pressure, holes drilled in the case for the bezel click mechanism, and the fact that it's not possible to do a straight swap of the movement to an ETA, I decided not to go with the JF option.

In the end, I went back to my TD and asked if there were still any BPs available with an ETA clone; he said 'no', but was able to arrange a custom install, and I am very happy with the result.

The BP has a very nice dial, excellent bezel action (mine lines up perfectly at the 12 marker!), lume just as good as my real Rolex, and very good general quality - despite a few 'tells' that only a replica addict would know to look for!
I managed to regulate my BP's A2824 to a pretty consistent +1 sec per day. I last set it on 30th Dec and today (the 16th Jan) it's still only +15 off real time. That's better than both my real Rolex GMT II and my MkII Kingston with an Elabore ETA 2836 (adjusted in 6 positions). Not bad for a watch movement put together in someone's kitchen!

20181225-125932.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
I went through the exercise of finding the best 16610 over about a two year period. During that time I saw a number of TCs for sale but they were always snapped up before I had a chance to chime in (or they were listed as CONUS only - and I'm in Australia).

I bought a BP 16610 which looked great (some say it has a better dial than the JF). However I didn't keep it long as the SA3135 fitted was an inconsistent timekeeper compared to most eta clones I've experienced. (I like to regulate my watches to a high degree of accuracy). More importantly my according to my research he SA3135 is a timebomb that sooner or later will die and not be repairable.

I looked at the JF, but the SH3135, although a real clone of the Rolex, doesn't have a good reputation for timekeeping or reliability. Combined with reported issues with JF bracelet fragility, crystals coming off with fingernail pressure, holes drilled in the case for the bezel click mechanism, and the fact that it's not possible to do a straight swap of the movement to an ETA, I decided not to go with the JF option.

In the end, I went back to my TD and asked if there were still any BPs available with an ETA clone; he said 'no', but was able to arrange a custom install, and I am very happy with the result.

The BP has a very nice dial, excellent bezel action (mine lines up perfectly at the 12 marker!), lume just as good as my real Rolex, and very good general quality - despite a few 'tells' that only a replica addict would know to look for!
I managed to regulate my BP's A2824 to a pretty consistent +1 sec per day. I last set it on 30th Dec and today (the 16th Jan) it's still only +15 off real time. That's better than both my real Rolex GMT II and my MkII Kingston with an Elabore ETA 2836 (adjusted in 6 positions). Not bad for a watch movement put together in someone's kitchen!

20181225-125932.jpg

Toro sells a BP 5 digit with ETA clone.

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
Lots of TDs have it listed in their online shops but when you want to place an order you are told "it is no longer available with Asian ETA".

OK, well, that's disappointing, I was hoping to get one of those Toro subs one day. So may I ask who is your TD?

NDJ2

22/11/16
Australia
Andrew from Trusty Time. You'll have to ask him for a custom install. It costs extra but is money well spent.