• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Call to GMT Master experts

desperado

Known Member
18/8/16
Hi would I be able to change the oyster bracelet of my 116710 LN with a Jubilee bracelet?

Sent from the RWI App

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You can never know with certainty whether a rep bracelet will fit any rep watch other than the one it came with. There is no exact standardization, even from the same factory's offerings. That said, ARF bracelets are generally regarded as the best quality and the most interchangeable. I ordered an ARF oyster from a DJ 36 (20mm lug width) that is the best rep bracelet I own, and it fits most of my reps and my gen GMT. I am going to get a jubilee for my gen GMT at some point, it will either be an ARF DJ or a BP from a new Pepsi. You can always flip the bracelet if it doesn't work for you. Leave the plastic on til you decide to keep it.

15391192269581.jpg

15364639459080.jpg

Reactions: Kanew and watchboi

desperado

Known Member
18/8/16
I am planning to get a gen GMT LN and want to put a rep jubilee bracelet for it

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I am planning to get a gen GMT LN and want to put a rep jubilee bracelet for it

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Should be able to accomplish that. I would use an ARF DJ if you want the super jubilee (hidden clasp) or the BP Pepsi if you want a flip lock.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Should be able to accomplish that. I would use an ARF DJ if you want the super jubilee (hidden clasp) or the BP Pepsi if you want a flip lock.

I know this is an old thread but i dont want to start a new one on the same subject.

Did you get the ARF jubilee for 36mm? And how is the quality and fit?

Also is it possible to put a ARF oyster clasp on a ARF super jubilee?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I know this is an old thread but i dont want to start a new one on the same subject.

Did you get the ARF jubilee for 36mm? And how is the quality and fit?

Also is it possible to put a ARF oyster clasp on a ARF super jubilee?

There have been some other postings made since this thread was active bro. I've seen different results obtained by different members who have tried using a 36mm jubilee on a 40mm GMT case. Most of the results I've seen are not something I would be happy with. The SEL curve against the case is steeper than the case curve so the fit is not perfect - there are some slight gaps. And there can be some height thickness issues also, allowing too much of the lug engravings to show.

This is the best example I've seen. If you would be happy with this, then you might want to continue pursuing this option.

ZNYV6o.jpg

ZNYJ2k.jpg

I think it's possible to fit an ARF super jubilee with a fliplock clasp. It would not be a 1:1 swap, and there would need to be some tinkering with the connecting links. I haven't ever tried it but I have made plenty of clasps work on bracelets they didn't come with.

IMO it would be much easier to just source a GMT jubilee bracelet with a fliplock clasp already on it. There are plenty of them out there.

GMF
16079670516890.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is a BP 40MM jubilee with fliplock. It has the single link SEL look. (Currently awaiting a build)

ZVezzo.jpg

guybythelake

13/7/14
There have been some other postings made since this thread was active bro. I've seen different results obtained by different members who have tried using a 36mm jubilee on a 40mm GMT case. Most of the results I've seen are not something I would be happy with. The SEL curve against the case is steeper than the case curve so the fit is not perfect - there are some slight gaps. And there can be some height thickness issues also, allowing too much of the lug engravings to show.

This is the best example I've seen. If you would be happy with this, then you might want to continue pursuing this option.

ZNYV6o.jpg

ZNYJ2k.jpg

I think it's possible to fit an ARF super jubilee with a fliplock clasp. It would not be a 1:1 swap, and there would need to be some tinkering with the connecting links. I haven't ever tried it but I have made plenty of clasps work on bracelets they didn't come with.

IMO it would be much easier to just source a GMT jubilee bracelet with a fliplock clasp already on it. There are plenty of them out there.

GMF
16079670516890.jpg

Good info. I am assuming the bad fit is consistent with the ARF jubilee since it is for a completely different watch...

How is the fit with GMF or BP? Same problems? How are the quality on those?

I am asking cause ghis is what is hojng on... I recently got a ARF batman for my wife and she wanted the jubilee bracelet. And the Batgirl on the rep market are not that great compared to ARF Batman. I bought a 30 dollar jubilee from eBay to try the look. And the fit of the SELs are perfect. Lol... i mean sooo good! But the bracelet is not great. I had to polish the center links and now looks half way live. The clasp was a no logo oyster which I was able to replace it with a generic alibaba 10 dollar logo clasp. But it does not take the ARF clasp. It is a weird half azz situation. So I am looking for a better solution.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good info. I am assuming the bad fit is consistent with the ARF jubilee since it is for a completely different watch...

How is the fit with GMF or BP? Same problems? How are the quality on those?

I am asking cause ghis is what is hojng on... I recently got a ARF batman for my wife and she wanted the jubilee bracelet. And the Batgirl on the rep market are not that great compared to ARF Batman. I bought a 30 dollar jubilee from eBay to try the look. And the fit of the SELs are perfect. Lol... i mean sooo good! But the bracelet is not great. I had to polish the center links and now looks half way live. The clasp was a no logo oyster which I was able to replace it with a generic alibaba 10 dollar logo clasp. But it does not take the ARF clasp. It is a weird half azz situation. So I am looking for a better solution.

The SEL curves and height on a BP or GMF would be a perfect match for the ARF (or any 40mm) case. Lug detent placement can vary between factories but ARF bracelets usually fit other cases so the reverse is generally true as well. BP/GMF GMT jubilees are decent quality, much better than their DJ41 counterparts. Noob jubilee is better, arguably the best and I think it should fit an ARF case.

guybythelake

13/7/14
The SEL curves and height on a BP or GMF would be a perfect match for the ARF (or any 40mm) case. Lug detent placement can vary between factories but ARF bracelets usually fit other cases so the reverse is generally true as well. BP/GMF GMT jubilees are decent quality, much better than their DJ41 counterparts. Noob jubilee is better, arguably the best and I think it should fit an ARF case.

Excellent info. Thank you.

Reactions: KJ2020

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy

dear, I would like to replace the jub bracelet on my gmt clean with a GMF jub bracelet, do you think it can fit? in your opinion, are the sels of the GMF and the quality of the bracelet superior to those of the clean? Thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
dear, I would like to replace the jub bracelet on my gmt clean with a GMF jub bracelet, do you think it can fit? in your opinion, are the sels of the GMF and the quality of the bracelet superior to those of the clean? Thanks

I haven't had a CF Jubilee in hand bro so I can't say firsthand. Swapping rep bracelets around is always a hit or miss proposition - bracelet quality can vary between batches even from the same factory, especially over long periods of time. Only way to know for sure is source one and try it. Sell it M2M if you can't use it.

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
I haven't had a CF Jubilee in hand bro so I can't say firsthand. Swapping rep bracelets around is always a hit or miss proposition - bracelet quality can vary between batches even from the same factory, especially over long periods of time. Only way to know for sure is source one and try it. Sell it M2M if you can't use it.

Thanks for advice dear
i’ll try it