• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Deepsea 116660

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
Hi Everyone,

Recently gotten a Gen Rolex Deepsea 116660 D-Blue.
Wanted to get a good Same Model Rep to use as daily beater and Gen for event.

I been using search function to look for comparison between Noob vs ARF vs Gen
But can't seem to find the thread.

Would like to get a superb close to Gen version if possible.
Noted that there's this 304L and 904L steel but to be honest, it doesn't bother me regards to the Steel.
The "Gen-look" is more of what i'm looking for.

If you know any thread that relates to my query, kindly advise.

thanks a lot!

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
thanks buddy
seem like noob V7 still a better choice.. haa

Honestly don’t understand the need for a “stunt double”. Rolex’s are fairly indestructible. Even in a very physical line of work, the worst you’re gonna do is put a couple of scratches on it. But back to your original question...

Both versions are good, but have different issues:

The Noob V7 has a great dial, but the ceramic insert numbering is lacking (too shallow, and dark). Also the HEV valve is flush to the case instead of recessed, which has always bugged me.
ARF has a much better insert, and HEV valve looks more gen like. But the dial colors are still off in the latest version (the shade of DSSD green, blue transition)

It all depends on which flaws bother you the least.

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
Dont worry about the Helium Escape Valve because u wear ur watch on the left hand and nobody will notice even if u wear it on the right + u will not dive to 3900m HEV doesn't work

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
Honestly don’t understand the need for a “stunt double”. Rolex’s are fairly indestructible. Even in a very physical line of work, the worst you’re gonna do is put a couple of scratches on it. But back to your original question...

Both versions are good, but have different issues:

The Noob V7 has a great dial, but the ceramic insert numbering is lacking (too shallow, and dark). Also the HEV valve is flush to the case instead of recessed, which has always bugged me.
ARF has a much better insert, and HEV valve looks more gen like. But the dial colors are still off in the latest version (the shade of DSSD green, blue transition)

It all depends on which flaws bother you the least.

hi buddy..
understand where u r coming from.
Basically i do trade watches too.. hence i try to keep watches in good condition.
Therefore i prefer to get rep as a daily beater.
I have a gen Daytona 16523 (zenith movement with inverted "6") and the scratches on it pains me a lot. How i wish there's a rep for this particular model cause it's really worth to keep as an investment
(Bought at $12.4k in Jan 2018 and highest offer to date at 17k)

likewise for this 116660, though there's newer version but the old only ran for 4 years and i gotten at a good price with 4 years warranty hence would like to preserve it as much as possible..
haha.. Pardon my ignorance on such matters..

Cheres!

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
Dont worry about the Helium Escape Valve because u wear ur watch on the left hand and nobody will notice even if u wear it on the right + u will not dive to 3900m HEV doesn't work

ya buddy.. after reading all these, i ordered a V7 with A2836. Reason mainly because of the close-to-gen casing and gradient.
as for bezal, can easily fake as though in consistent from Rolex side.. LOLLL

Reactions: rolexppapfan

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
ya buddy.. after reading all these, i ordered a V7 with A2836. Reason mainly because of the close-to-gen casing and gradient.
as for bezal, can easily fake as though in consistent from Rolex side.. LOLLL

make a review when u get it + wich TD?

Reactions: Swerepguy

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
make a review when u get it + wich TD?

hi bro.. i gotten from Toro...
im not in a good position to talk about doing review..

but things that i can highlight for this noob v7 DSSD are:

-the 2nd hand needle which has this "white circle (has lume on it)" is smaller on the gen compare to Noob V7
-the "original escape gas escape valve" which many has pointed out, commenting that the gen is bolder which i do agree but personally, its really not that significant, i have to stare at it to really notice it.
-regards to the gradient of the face/dial, Gen has brighter blue

for detail comparision, guess u need the pros here to guide u to other threads but personally, i'll feel very comfortable to wear it out but if possible, i would swap the 2nd hand needle to a gen one

Reactions: rolexppapfan

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
hi bro.. i gotten from Toro...
im not in a good position to talk about doing review..

but things that i can highlight for this noob v7 DSSD are:

-the 2nd hand needle which has this "white circle (has lume on it)" is smaller on the gen compare to Noob V7
-the "original escape gas escape valve" which many has pointed out, commenting that the gen is bolder which i do agree but personally, its really not that significant, i have to stare at it to really notice it.
-regards to the gradient of the face/dial, Gen has brighter blue

for detail comparision, guess u need the pros here to guide u to other threads but personally, i'll feel very comfortable to wear it out but if possible, i would swap the 2nd hand needle to a gen one

Nice , enjoy the watch !!!