• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Celini by MKF

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
cicciopasticcio, according to my experience and everyday use, I find that the gold plating is of really good quality. With proper handling and care, I think that this watch is made to last. I highly recommend this watch. However, you can go for the steel version of this watch if you like. Else, this piece is a stunner.

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
@Sidhu6355 wow! It looks soo good, I’m about to place the order but the only thing that holds me back is the plated gold. I would probably wear it everyday (I know is a dress watch but..) and what are the chance of fading with time?

Thanks for the photo!

Chances of fading are 100% guaranteed - it is plated. Which means that depending on how often you wear the piece and your body chemistry - (as some people actually have more acidic perspiration than others) it might take anywhere from months to years - This also depends on the plating thickness as well.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Chances of fading are 100% guaranteed - it is plated. Which means that depending on how often you wear the piece and your body chemistry - (as some people actually have more acidic perspiration than others) it might take anywhere from months to years - This also depends on the plating thickness as well.

This

In general the plating that they do holds up pretty well. Of course it depends on how thick they do it and how often you wear the watch. From experience (obviously not this watch) I would say it is likely that the watch would start to showing the plating wearing off in certain spots after a year or two of daily wear. You wouldn't want to polish a plated watch either so this is why you hear the advice to not use a plated watch as a daily wear watch.

If you wear the watch occasionally for special occasions it could look great for 20+ years, but if you want to wear it every day it is going to show some wear after a while.

Proceed accordingly.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
I saw posts from a couple of members who bought the rose gold version. Anyone here bought the stainless steel version ? From what I have read the rose gold one is outstanding. Is the steel one as good as well?

Pogostik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/18
I saw posts from a couple of members who bought the rose gold version. Anyone here bought the stainless steel version ? From what I have read the rose gold one is outstanding. Is the steel one as good as well?

I reckon it has to be better with no plating issue. This is next on my list

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
That looks really good, but IDK about the color similarity to gen. Maybe johnlogan would know.

REP blue is way off color wise. REP is more purple. Not unlike the purple bluesy way back. I would wait until V2 arrives. The rest looks ok.

Reactions: KJ2020

atjovic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/18
How about the rose gold with black dial? How is it compared to gen?