• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Celini by MKF

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Since its gold plated, is the plating bound to fade over time ?
Is that an understood fact with gold plated watches or do they hold up well ?
Never had a gold plated watch so anyone from experience, if they could share, would much appreciate it

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
If you guys want a comparison to gen I have easy accsess to a gen white gold Celini Dual Time, I love the bezel and dial

Reactions: vcappp

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thanks for sharing How about the dog stamp on the caselug? is it deep enough like gen ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not inspected these on the GEN, but they look really good on the REP. Might be a half micro more shallow than GEN.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
johnlogan how is gold coloring compared to gen? Thanks!

Gold holds up very well compared to GEN. GEN xral + gold case do sparkle, or pop, more but this is very very good. Now gold plating holds up very well over time too.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
The watch has a nice heft to it and at 75 grams its hard to distinguish between REP vs GEN. Buckle cornet is acceptable but not as rounded as GEN. On the arm this is impossible to call out.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Thanks for the review, Johnlogan.

Quick question: Have you had a chance to confirm the measurements of the watch?

I believe the gen has a thickness of 12.5mm, but the InTime descriptions indicates this watch has a thickness of 11mm. Have you had a chance to confirm?

Here's a review from Tim from WatchBox reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGTKvogzoxU

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thanks for the review, Johnlogan.

Quick question: Have you had a chance to confirm the measurements of the watch?

I believe the gen has a thickness of 12.5mm, but the InTime descriptions indicates this watch has a thickness of 11mm. Have you had a chance to confirm?

Here's a review from Tim from WatchBox reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGTKvogzoxU

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you!

I don’t have the luxury of a side by side comparison but the REP is 11.5 vs I suppose GEN at 12.5. REP do feel flat on the wrist ( same as GEN ) Not often we see the reveres size.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
johnlogan The strap quality on this is that good that no need for a replacement strap unlike most reps where the straps are of real poor quality ?

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Intime states SS with silver dial whereas puretime says SS with white dial. Not sure which one is accurate. Or does the SS version come in both silver and white dial option ? Anyone with any knowledge ?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
johnlogan The strap quality on this is that good that no need for a replacement strap unlike most reps where the straps are of real poor quality ?

No need to replace! Replicated after size small. I.e a tad short on 8` wrists.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Damn. I purchased a ZF PP Calatrava for a dress watch, seeing another thread... It has not even arrived, and now there is this super-rep cellini. And correctly priced too, $320 rather than some of the daytonas which approach $700

Reactions: d3xophen

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Damn. I purchased a ZF PP Calatrava for a dress watch, seeing another thread... It has not even arrived, and now there is this super-rep cellini. And correctly priced too, $320 rather than some of the daytonas which approach $700

The Calatrava is my next order! Both are great work / dress watches.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
The Calatrava is my next order! Both are great work / dress watches.

Yea, an mine will be this Cellini, thereby making us poorer by about exactly the name amount!

Grrr. This is an addiction, a disease, not a hobby :(:)

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
I assume on the rep it's not possible to jump the hour hand like the gen, correct?