• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

36 dj

Pietjebel

23/5/15
Hi all,

Looking to buy my wife a DJ. Heard lots of good about the ARF pieces.

I’m, despite owning a 16610, more into Panerai watches gen and reps so might we can share some thoughts here.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5695...r-dial-on-904l-ss-oyster-bracelet-sa3135.html

Have found this one. Have read about the DW flaw. Is this an easy fix with gen? And does it fit the ARF without adjustments?

Anything more to think about ? And are there some modders around which offers these as well?

Thnx

Sent from iPhone

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I'd go for the DJF- the old wisdom used to be stay away from the SA3135- don't know if that's still true or not. But you can always get a 2824-2 serviced if need be. Date font on the ARF is too thick, don't know if a gen DW can be swapped in, but if it can, they aren't free, so there's another expense to add into the equation.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Hi all,

Looking to buy my wife a DJ. Heard lots of good about the ARF pieces.

I’m, despite owning a 16610, more into Panerai watches gen and reps so might we can share some thoughts here.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5695...r-dial-on-904l-ss-oyster-bracelet-sa3135.html

Have found this one. Have read about the DW flaw. Is this an easy fix with gen? And does it fit the ARF without adjustments?

Anything more to think about ? And are there some modders around which offers these as well?

Thnx

Sent from iPhone

Fitting a gen datewheel on an Sh3135 used to be a piece of cake.

Now it's like open heart surgery.

If you remove the jewel or sand the datewheel, either way there will be issues.

The ARF is much nicer, the bezel is beautiful and the rehaut is better, but the movement is frankly a crock of shit these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020 and Nur-Uhr

adriankupferzundel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/18
Will a watchmaker be able to change the datewheel? I'm considering to buy the ARF and change the wheel to a gen one.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Will a watchmaker be able to change the datewheel? I'm considering to buy the ARF and change the wheel to a gen one.

I answered your question literally one post above

Yes they can but it will almost certainly make the movement unstable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twanger

Renowned Member
15/2/12
I have been in and out of the rep game for many years and to this day can't figure out why it is that they almost always f*&k something up when making these. Is it that hard to reproduce the font on the original? It's almost like they do it on purpose. At this stage of the game every watch should be a super rep.

Reactions: frankdux1987

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
LOL, I read the link in the OP's first post and it says SA3135, but the description is for a SH3135. The SH3135 is a better movement, but you should still figure the cost of a service- $150- may be required and a gen DW runs $140 installed. That was what I was quoted by one of the watchmakers here on the forums. But at that point you should have a reliable watch.

Pietjebel

23/5/15
Do we have some watchmakers here which are willing and able to assist with those DJ’s?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

yosimiz

Known Member
11/8/12
Was in the same boat mate.
Got the white stick dial for wifey and gen dw.. Tried to install the dw, and got problems.
Long story short, went with @oocb2 advice of removing the date plate and pushing the studs from behind. Bang! Everything fine now. No dw sanding and no jewel removal.

Get your self a nice DW, and send in the movement for service together with the dw to be installed on.
If you can get a set of dial and hands to top it off, you will have an amazing watch for the wifey. I have ordered now the xtal also, let's see how much of an improvement it will make on top of a white dial..

Good luck.

Reactions: Fry

Akonoypi

Known Member
13/12/18
Whoa! What did I get myself into? I ordered this one, and it's on the way.

Pietjebel

23/5/15
Was in the same boat mate.
Got the white stick dial for wifey and gen dw.. Tried to install the dw, and got problems.
Long story short, went with @oocb2 advice of removing the date plate and pushing the studs from behind. Bang! Everything fine now. No dw sanding and no jewel removal.

Get your self a nice DW, and send in the movement for service together with the dw to be installed on.
If you can get a set of dial and hands to top it off, you will have an amazing watch for the wifey. I have ordered now the xtal also, let's see how much of an improvement it will make on top of a white dial..

Good luck.

Thnx! Will be looking for a gen dial and dw and find someone to fix. Might reach out to oocb2

Sent from iPhone