• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW PRODUCT: PEPSI GMT Master II 126710 BLRO Real Ceramic SS DJF 1:1

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Dial is from the WG Pepsi, not the 2018 model which comes on the jubilee, so the watch is fantasy.

CG is too fat. Lugs are too chunky.

The problem with Puretime is their photography has gone to shit recently - way too overexposed - so can't comment on the bezel colour, though interesting that it says ceramic.

Will wait for ARF / Noob

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
The new gen Pepsi also has got slimmer lugs and a flatter bezel. And I think the hands are a tiny bit longer especially the minute hand.
As mentioned crown between „swiss made“ is missing on the rep. CG shape does not look good.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vcappp

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
The offerings so far are $250 tier reps.

A good BLRO will sell!

The fact that it's taken so long for the big three (noob, arf, vrf) to come out with this watch makes me think they are taking their time...at least one of them should get it right

The Tourist

27/3/14
The thing is, that talking about 6 digits GMT II BLRO's is actually talking about two different watches. On the one hand, the 126710BLRO from Baselworld 2018 introduced with a new movement 3285 and in stainless steel with Jubilé bracelet, and on the other hand, the 116719BLRO in white gold with Oyster bracelet and 3186 movement.

Anyway, this 126710 DJF is a joke for that price. As was said before, this DJF version has at least the wrong case shape and dial which was just reused from the "standard GMT II" offerings, not to speak about the completely wrong bezel colors.

What makes me happy is the fact that the rep factories are at least trying to realize a ceramic Pepsi bezel.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

The Tourist

27/3/14
Indeed, it seems so! I guess Angus was probably reading this thread ..just a joke though ;)

Sent from the RWI App

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I guess I don't really understand the point of these reps. They have so many flaws and I get "yeah, but someone will buy them" it just seems kinda pointless to put these out there. That said, I realize the vast majority of the buyers are unsophisticated flea market types, but still. Just seems like a terrible waste of time.

The Tourist

27/3/14
We repaholics here are just too much in love with details... and customer wise, we are the clear minority in this business. In other words, we are actually the ones which cause the dealers a big pita when QCing their offerings and as Karlus said, the big money is made with "Joe Bloggs" who gives a s**t about details and is happy if the watch features a Rolex lettering and is big and shiny. This DJF was clearly not "made for us".

Sent from the RWI App

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
We repaholics here are just too much in love with details... and customer wise, we are the clear minority in this business. In other words, we are actually the ones which cause the dealers a big pita when QCing their offerings and as Karlus said, the big money is made with "Joe Bloggs" who gives a s**t about details and is happy if the watch features a Rolex lettering and is big and shiny. This DJF was clearly not "made for us".

Sent from the RWI App

Look, I know we are on the Rollie board, but I want to illustrate a point. I just got the ZF Patek 5296. Now these guys went out and bought an original. Cloned it 1:1. I mean down to the dial dot size. The datewheel font. Perfect. Really is 1:1 (I know, I know open caseback.) I just saw another maker come out with the same watch and the details are off. Just "good enough." Sigh.

Another example: JF bought the original grape and man, I will be danged if they didnt just nail that thing. The dial, the color, the sunburst....everything 1:1. Perfect.

I really respect the makers that go for the details and nail it. I'm not saying they gotta buy a gen. Maybe borrow one. Or at least really look at the details. I reward them by buying.

Final thought: If there was someone that went the extra mile then I would buy from them. I think Louie did some good work before he crapped out. Spongebob is amazing with his platinum process. There are others too. We are not the center mass of the market, but it really wouldnt take that much more effort to nail the details.