• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date change proble - SH3135 ARF Datejust

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
Hey guys, after a week checking my Datejust, I found out, when I let the watch run by itself, the date changed/ flipped pretty randomly..... sometimes at 12:05, sometimes 12:10, sometimes even 1:00 or 2:30... But when I manually wind the minute hand, then the date flipped exactly at around 12:05.

So my question are:

- What is a normal timeframe of this movement ( SH3135) for the date to change?

- And when it is a problem, do you guys know what the cause of this random date change is?

Many thanks and have a great day!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
It should always change at the same time. When it’s late to change does it seem like it dragging and changing slowly or does it just now snap over until 1am sometimes? The datewheel could be touching the underside of the dial if it’s dragging and slowly changing.

Reactions: Stradivarius

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
It should always change at the same time. When it’s late to change does it seem like it dragging and changing slowly or does it just now snap over until 1am sometimes? The datewheel could be touching the underside of the dial if it’s dragging and slowly changing.

Thank you for your answer!

I have actually seen (and even heard the sound LOL) when it snapped. It is just it snap at different time... like for yesterday it was at 2 AM ... @@

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
A watchmaker could help you- when you buy a SH3135, you should always keep $150 on hand to pay for having it serviced at some point. Or you could go to bed at 11 o'clock at nite and not worry about it.

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
A watchmaker could help you- when you buy a SH3135, you should always keep $150 on hand to pay for having it serviced at some point. Or you could go to bed at 11 o'clock at nite and not worry about it.

I have already planned to send it to service. It's just I just got it for a week and want to wear it for a whlie before doing that. Just want to know if the problem is critical or a watchsmith can easily fix it during service!

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
any one can help me with this? T_T

The hour wheel is slipping against the Intermediate date wheel. There’s too much vertical play on the hour wheel on some SH3135’s. It’s a simple fix, remove the date indicator seating, and pop a correctly sized dial washer over the hour wheel and replace date indicator seating.