• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Daytona 4130 - Rotor Sound

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
...still pretty loud compared to other rlx reps? not as loud as the v1 arf rotor and not as loud as some miyota watches, but...i can hear it "very well". is this normal? what is your experience? thanks.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
...still pretty loud compared to other rlx reps? not as loud as the v1 arf rotor and not as loud as some miyota watches, but...i can hear it "very well". is this normal? what is your experience? thanks.

I was reading a cool article on RepGeek from Tickleshoes (dont know if Im allowed to link it here) that said the movement is awesome, but like most Chinese reps they are not very well lubricated and there was even some signs of a bit of rust and crud in there.

The solution is to get it serviced. I am waiting on Spongebob to get his platinum process working for Daytona and then send the new bezels off with my Noob daytonas to be serviced.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I have 4 and I do not hear anything

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
thats the answer i was looking for. damn.

have to check again...

Mine was quite noticeable too. Not as bad as a 7750, not annoying by any means... But I decided to give the rotor bearing a tiny drop of Moebius oil. Same as I did with my ARF 7750. Now it's pretty silent. Not Gen rolex silent, but quieter than most other movements I have

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
Mine was quite noticeable too. Not as bad as a 7750, not annoying by any means... But I decided to give the rotor bearing a tiny drop of Moebius oil. Same as I did with my ARF 7750. Now it's pretty silent. Not Gen rolex silent, but quieter than most other movements I have

yes, already did the same, but its not as silent as i want it to be... ;) maybe i risk another tiny little drop.

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Mine is noisy, my watchsmith lubricated it and it is still there. He told me is the rotor bearing that should be replaced

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Mine was noisy as well, noisier than my AP jf v3, so quite noisy, i got it serviced, i can still feel the rotor moving around, but the sound is gone.

My gen 116519 does not make any sound and i can't feel any movement when i shake it tho (not saying that i was expecting the same as the gen).
The rep is still a rep.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
i read that its not uncommon because of the ball bearing of the 4130, lot of gen daytonas have that noise too. i remember my zenith also made some "noise" so i accept it.

guru capice01 was it silent ootb or did you lubricate etc.?

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18
Mine is silent on the wrist but if you take it off and shake it like a mad man you will hear a slight sound. Not as loud as arf 7750 and miyota of jf. Doesnt bother on the wrist hence its fine for me.