• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Batman v9

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
Where can one buy said aftermarket bezel?

You can buy the bezel from eBay or any other website.
But color will not be the same due to different source and supplier
From picture u can never tell the color unless compare with Gen.

Mav2000

10/1/19
I got sick of Molotow rubbing off so I took the drastic step of spray painting the whole aftermarket insert with Krylon paint + primer metallic bright aluminum. Scraped the paint off the insert with a straight razor blade, leaving it in the cutouts. Not perfect, but looks beautiful silver on the wrist, nice and bright. Not dull even in low light and no color transition bump.

Hi KJ2020 is there a color that you could suggest from Rust-Oleum. We don't have your brand here. Also just to understand, that's two coats of primer and then two coats of paint?

How has it held up over time. Thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi KJ2020 is there a color that you could suggest from Rust-Oleum. We don't have your brand here. Also just to understand, that's two coats of primer and then two coats of paint?

How has it held up over time. Thanks

I'll have look at Rustoleum's color palette. I don't recall ever saying anything about primer. My Krylon mod was 2 coats of spray back to back over bare ceramic cutouts all done within 2 minutes. It dries almost immediately in thin coats. The clear I added later, one coat. I'm going to do another one soon and will do the clear very soon after the silver. That way it all gets scraped off at the same time.

It has held up extremely well, like the day I painted it. I have aided that cause by never even touching the insert or bezel except to wipe it lightly if needed. That's just how I am with my watches. I never get them dirty or wet and I don't use my bezel as as a fidget spinner, lol.

Reactions: Mav2000

Mav2000

10/1/19
Thanks man. So silver and clear. If you do get a chance to look at the Rust-Oleum colors do let me know. Also how do we not spray the Pearl?

Thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks man. So silver and clear. If you do get a chance to look at the Rust-Oleum colors do let me know. Also how do we not spray the Pearl?

Thanks

One of two ways. Remove it before painting. It's not hard. A little acetone (goof off) on the back and push it out with a blunted toothpick.

Other way is find a plastic sleeve to fit over it. I have a bunch of these in different diameters that came as protective casings for artists brushes. They are about an inch long. Press some rodico or tiny tape wad in the top open end.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I know it's been awhile but the link is dead and we're still here still waiting for a good affordable aftermarket Batman insert.
Will you happen to remember which seller your insert was from so we can try to find it again?

That vendor is no longer listing them bro. But there are some acceptable base inserts that can be paint modded. I'll try to find a link.