• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Batman v9

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
It is a modified A2836 movement, I have been speaking with BK about ordering one and wanted details about the movement and if it was a true clone or not and he said it is simply a modified A2836-2 movement so I think I may wait for VRF to see if there’s is truly a clone of the proper GMT movement and a little more reliable.

I thought ARF is doing the superclone SH3187??

newrepfan86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
I thought ARF is doing the superclone SH3187??

havent heard that yet but i would preffer it to be ARF, i have been dying to get one from them due to their supposed superior bracelet and SH clones

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
Color is totally off.
Either give this model a pass or its a must to change the bezel.

Here a few picture
Gen vs Noob 3186 vs aftermarket bezel

f9e8177d-9a3b-4bf6-87e0-d7032cc461f3_1.jpg

Gen vs Noob

6017884c-88d1-46d3-acf8-52361bc41b2e.jpg

Noob vs aftermarket bezel

e4c3fe3a-0548-4876-b3ca-1cc8f0767e01.jpg

Gen vs aftermarket bezel

02e6f6c7-6a8c-4b11-8148-597782f5337f.jpg

Gen vs aftermarket bezel

220ca053-534f-4128-ba78-d8df8970d902.jpg

Gen vs aftermarket bezel

c9ec6745-ab9e-4a35-bc12-60f353c96609.jpg

Gen vs aftermarket bezel

b95f4eaf-9d33-4ac4-9255-d4bbe2bf9e10-1.jpg

Aftermarket bezel install vs Noob bezel

6454238a-36cd-4102-9cbf-be088d68e5a9.jpg

Just out from the oven
Bezel source by me
platinum paint mod by legend
Result perfect.

Now waiting for collection and compare with Gen Bezel

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I got sick of Molotow rubbing off so I took the drastic step of spray painting the whole aftermarket insert with Krylon paint + primer metallic bright aluminum. Scraped the paint off the insert with a straight razor blade, leaving it in the cutouts. Not perfect, but looks beautiful silver on the wrist, nice and bright. Not dull even in low light and no color transition bumps.

VpUOp8.jpg

VpU7rD.jpg

VpUYRh.jpg

TUftZ.jpg

SnIeo.jpg

Snzvr.jpg

BZBgp.jpg

grkpmpn69

Known Member
17/12/18
I got sick of Molotow rubbing off so I took the drastic step of spray painting the whole aftermarket insert with Krylon paint + primer metallic bright aluminum. Scraped the paint off the insert with a straight razor blade, leaving it in the cutouts. Not perfect, but looks beautiful silver on the wrist, nice and bright. Not dull even in low light and no color transition bumps.

Damn, that looks a hell of alot better than I thought it would, great job.

Reactions: KJ2020

Hans81

23/2/15

VpUOp8.jpg

VpU7rD.jpg

VpUYRh.jpg

TUftZ.jpg

SnIeo.jpg

Snzvr.jpg

BZBgp.jpg

Nice job, how did you manage not to scratch the insert while scraping the paint off?

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Dear Master of the paint mods aka KJ2020 ,
we need another full totorial of this mod!
How can you be so sure it will last?
Thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice job, how did you manage not to scratch the insert while scraping the paint off?

Ceramic is highly resistant to scratching, that's the whole reason for it. I was surprised when I first heard you could do this too, but sure enough the stuff is tough! It CAN scratch, but if you're not overly aggressive with it, just a steady off angle scraping (not 90° straight up), the excess paint comes off quite easily. There will usually be some stubborn drops of paint here and there, a soft rag slightly damp with alcohol will rub those off. Be careful not to rub in the triangle too soon, let it dry overnight first.

It takes a little practice close to the cutouts, especially the triangle on a non-pearl insert. You have to constantly watch that the blade doesn't nick the painted cutouts while scraping off the edges right up to the cut. It would be easier to use an exacto blade for this detail I guess, but I've done this enough to just be able to use your typical utility inch and a half rectangular straight razor blade.

The painting takes less than a minute. Dries almost immediately, then 2nd coat. Obviously do light thin coats and don't glob it in there. I waited about 30 minutes before starting to scrape. Scraping and rubbing takes about 30 minutes.

It's not a crisis if you mess it up first time around. Keep a wide mouth jar with some mineral spirits or goof off in it. A quick soak and light brushing with an old soft toothbrush, rinse in alcohol and you can try again. Wear latex gloves!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Dear Master of the paint mods aka KJ2020 ,
we need another full totorial of this mod!
How can you be so sure it will last?
Thanks

Time will tell bro, so far so good! I painted an aluminum patio chair with this stuff last Summer that's been used and abused with no sign of wear. On an insert it'll hold up to soap and water with a very soft bristle brush. I wouldn't use anything stronger like alcohol or ultrasonic.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
^ just remember that while you won’t scratch the ceramic, a razor can put some really nasty scratches in the metal which runs outside the ceramic...

Hans81

23/2/15
Ceramic is highly resistant to scratching, that's the while reason for it. I was surprised when I first heard you could do this too, but sure enough the stuff is tough! It CAN scratch, but if you're not overly aggressive with it, just a steady off angle scraping (not 90° straight up), the excess paint comes off quite easily. There will usually be some stubborn drops of paint here and there, a soft rag slightly damp with alcohol will rub those off. Be careful not to rub in the triangle too soon, let it dry overnight first.

It takes a little practice close to the cutouts, especially the triangle on a non-pearl insert. You have to constantly watch that the blade doesn't nick the painted cutouts while scraping off the edges right up to the cut. It would be easier to use an exacto blade for this detail I guess, but I've done this enough to just be able to use your typical utility inch and a half rectangular straight razor blade.

The painting takes less than a minute. Dries almost immediately, then 2nd coat. Obviously do light thin coats and don't glob it in there. I waited about 30 minutes before starting to scrape. Scraping and rubbing takes about 30 minutes.

It's not a crisis if you mess it up first time around. Keep a wide mouth jar with some mineral spirits or goof off in it. A quick soak and light brushing with an old soft toothbrush, rinse in alcohol and you can try again. Wear latex gloves!

Thank you. Noted and will give it a try if Arf will disappoint with the Batman.

Reactions: wrightp748

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
^ just remember that while you won’t scratch the ceramic, a razor can put some really nasty scratches in the metal which runs outside the ceramic...

I would not attempt this with the insert still in the bezel

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
Bezel insert upgrade is a must if you planning to buy a Noob batman.
Stock noob Insert is so wrong.

Gen Batman vs Aftermarket insert with Paint mod.

Noob bezel Vs aftermarket bezel with paint mod

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Best insert is on those new GMF Batman reps. Then my are very close when it comes to color.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Bezel insert upgrade is a must if you planning to buy a Noob batman.
Stock noob Insert is so wrong.

Gen Batman vs Aftermarket insert with Paint mod.

Noob bezel Vs aftermarket bezel with paint mod

Where can one buy said aftermarket bezel?